Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Pixie Power

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thats awesome. Congrats. Give us pics.

Someday I might buy another one.

2. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Will do! I am really, really excited. I ended up getting a special Migidoll boy from France, so I only have to wait the 2 weeks or so for shipping. :) Can't wait, but now I have to find clothes, eyes and a wig before he gets here! I'll need to find him a girl later on.

3. Siren

Siren Member

0   0   0

I collect historical American Girl dolls and Lagoona and Abby dolls from Monster High. Disney dolls eat up a large portion of doll money with all of the frequent heirloom and designer releases though.

4. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Speaking of BJDs, I'm not on Den of Angels much anymore, but last time I checked it was invite only. If anyone needs an invite please feel free to PM me - it's a great site and hands down the best source for BJD info.

5. coraline

coraline Member

0   0   0

So, I wandered over to this thread and got suckered in by the Ever After High dolls. Those webisodes were too cute. I haven't decided if I want all of them or just the rebels.

Also bought myself the Tonner Rapunzel doll recently. It's my first non disneystore disney doll. She's gorgeous. I have blonde LE Rapunzel too but I can't actually decide which version of Rapunzel I prefer!

6. Kaynzz

Kaynzz Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It isn't really a collection, as I am very much pick and choose... but I like OOAK and repaint dolls, often found on ebay.
    My latest is a beautiful vampire one with a lace dress.
    There are some amazing celebrity likenesses in those too!

7. adelayde9

adelayde9 Member

0   0   0

I have blythe dolls, they're pretty expensive so I only have two

8. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I was really surprised that Den of Angels turned invite-only. I still have my account, so I can send invites too if anyone needs them. I was really upset after coming back to see so many places selling recast dolls. They were ugly and nobody wanted them when I left, so it is disturbing to me that do many nice dolls (like SOOM :( ) are being recasted and sold cheaply. So disappointing.

9. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Pixie Power

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I used to be on DoA, dont remember my username there. Ha Its been forever.

That Tonner Rapunzel is on my WL, she is so beautiful.

10. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

ah! could you spare an invite this way??

i'm still waiting for my bjd to arrive... the wait isn't even half over and i'm slowly going insane!!

i also bought an ever after high doll from justice but they sent me a lunchbox instead...? what?
    i tried calling them to no avail, i got an automated message that told me to call a different number but the other number was dead. so i sent them an e-mail and haven't heard back yet :(

THE LENGTHS WE GO TO FOR THESE DOLLS!!

11. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I just got back from my local Target and 3 have 3 of the Power Ghouls Toralei if anyone wants her.

I was wondering...they're on clearance now....but if anyone sees the black puppy pet for the Pinkie Cooper series (she's wearing blue?) Or the black and blue leopard fashion pack please let me know....I just wanted the Dark haired girl and the puppy and matching dress but i kept putting them off and now all of my stores only have the fugly blonde one and pink dress! D:

12. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Short reply because I'm on my phone, but I can absolutely send an invite! Just pm me your email and I will do it. :)

13. TinkerTigg

TinkerTigg Member

0   0   0

Quick question for Monster High collectors...Has Viperine actually been released yet? I LOVE Medusa so anything related to her I just have to have (and in this case it is literal). ;) I've seen and read about west coast releases, but am not too sure. And then...if any one also knows if/when the Walmart exclusive Operetta gets released, I'd be even happier. :D
    Thank you, Ghoulfriends. ;)

14. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Yep! Viperine is out everywhere. She ships in a seperate case too, so stores are getting quote a few at a time. :) Operetta is a mystery though. I can only recall one person finding her, and that was a while ago.

15. OlafOlaf

OlafOlaf dreamer

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

I kind of saw it coming, the invite-only thing. I really like their strict rules tbh. I don't have an account but my mum does and sometimes I look over her shoulder. I love how you can trust DOA.

Anyway. I'm having such a hard time now! I'm on Flickr and everyone's starting to sell dolls. Someone's selling their Estella doll and their custom Blythes and I just love them. Too bad I don't have $200-400. I hate post-holiday sales lol. But my new addition arrived last week, I must take photos!

16. TinkerTigg

TinkerTigg Member

0   0   0

CONFOUNDED! Hmmmm...I'll be keeping my eyes open quite a bit more then. There's a Walmart and Target on my way to and from work, I guess they will know me like clock work on a weekly basis. ;)
    Thank you. :)

17. TinkerTigg

TinkerTigg Member

0   0   0

Wow. I put it out there in the universe and I receive. I asked yesterday if Viperine was out, saw and bought her today. SO PRETTY and SO FUN!! :D
    I love and adore Medusa and all her mythology, so these dolls are must haves for me. I have the create your own Gorgon (I named "Mae Dusa") and now Viperine. I hope they make another version of Deuce cause I was too late to this game for the Original and Dawn if the Dance ones and didn't like the Scaris version.

Oh good Lord...I may need to move in to a bigger place just to house all the random stuff I collect. ;)

18. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

That's awesome!! I'm glad you were able to find her. :) I went hunting for her yesterday with no luck, but my Target is always a couple of weeks behind. Maybe soon! I'm sure there will be a new Deuce eventually, but who knows when. I think the next male doll coming out is Scaremester Invisi Billy, who I'm actually pretty excited about.

For MH people interested, Coffin Bean Frankie, Toralei, and Abbey are on Amazon.com for sale for $12.99. I think Toralei is out of stock, but they restock her randomly during the day.

19. coraline

coraline Member

0   0   0

Heads up for anyone else into the Ever After High dolls, amazon.ca just listed the legacy versions of Madeline Hatter, Cerise Hood and Ashlynn Ella for sale.

I have preordered all 3 because I totally needed another doll addiction, lol. At least it's far less stressful than LE disney dolls!

20. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

ack it's not showing up for me, only the normal versions!
    can you spare a few links?

21. coraline

coraline Member

0   0   0

22. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

A note on Den of Angles though, they have become extremely strict and honestly, the place is kind of dead now. A lot of topics are just rehashed and beat to death. D;

23. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Really? It seems about the same as it was 5 years ago when I left. The only thing different I noticed was the crackdown on recasts. But to be fair, I've always considered it mostly as a resource rather than a community (comparisons, marketplace, company news, etc). I was never much a part of the social scene. :lol:

But my boy arrived from France today! I am still lacking his eyes (trying to find some nice urethane that I don't have to wait 2-4 weeks for), so no pictures for now. But yay!!!

24. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Can't wait to see photos!!

And yeah, I just noticed an overall decrease in users. There used to be hundreds of people online at a time and now it seems like, 200 or less. The gallery posts are fewer, (I blame the Highlights subcategory), and people just seem less friendly to me. :( Its still very reliable and a great place for newcomers though! Maybe I've just been in the hobby too long and things bore me! Lol

I'm buying a new outfit for one of my boys (I hope). $150... lol I'm insane.

25. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Got it. I know there is lots of activity on Tumblr and Flickr, so maybe a lot of people just moved to those sites. I'd hate to think the hobby is dying out or something, especially when I've just joined back!

You aren't insane. I'm did the exact same thing for my boy last week. Is it Dollheart? That's what I bought.