Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

thanx for the links! too bad there aren't any photos yet x3
    cerise is my favorite too!! i'm glad she made it into this wave!! hope she has tiny little wolf ears this time around!
    (i also really like hunter's legacy outfit from the show, but i dunno how high the chances are for him to have a legacy day doll anytime soon... )

@argentine
    thanx for the DoA invite!
    i really want market place access just to look around but i don't even know where to start posting the 80 post requirement xD

and... wow... i just recently bought a couple outfits from dollhearts too!!
    it was only a few days ago but i haven't heard anything back from them other than an automated response that they got my payment.
    i read it takes them 11 days to ship items even if they are in stock.
    BJDs really is a hobby for the patient (which i'm not)

2. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

You're welcome!! :) Yeah, the requirements aren't very fun but it's worth it.

I LOVE dollheart clothing. I need to get myself a girl doll just for the red riding hood outfit. It is so pretty! Did you buy directly from dollheart? I know lots of items are pre-order or made to order, so they can take a while. :x But yep, patience is definitely a big part of the BJD hobby.

3. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

yup i bought directly from them... and it was a rather impulsive purchase, though i don't regret it. yet!!
    according to the item descriptions, it said the clothes were in stock, so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait xD

i was actually eying the red riding hood set on mint on card (i think)!! they had a set in stock and they are located in the US! but in the end i was too afraid the cloth would stain so i bought an Alice outfit from the dollheart site instead.
    but the red riding hood set is gorgeous!!

4. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Nope not Dollheart, my favorite seamstress on DoA. Her screen name is Angeline205 or something but her shop is called Tous Les Garcones and the clothing is literally immaculate. She lines every piece of clothing and everything has functioning zippers and pockets. Its nicer than my Volks Baby the Stars Shine Bright dress, which I thought was the nicest thing ever but I was wrong lol.

5. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Ahh, I didn't even think about staining. :( I've never had any trouble with it in the past, though. Because dollheart makes things so limited, I might end up having to buy the outfit before I even pick out a girl doll just to make sure I get it. :x Which Alice outfit did you get? The Queen of hearts one is amazing!! I bought the mother goose: crooked cat set for my boy.

Someone needs to come to my house and physically restrain me. I just ordered two pet dolls from Aileen doll: Penny and Genie. But they are so stinking cute, I couldn't handle it. Begin the long wait.

EDIT:
    ElysionsPrincess (You replied while I was typing, lol!), that's awesome! I could never really do the seamstress thing, because it involves having an actual idea of what you want. I just like finding sets like with dollheart, because I'm completely clueless as to what I would want otherwise! :lol: EDIT2: Derp, they sell sets too! They look very nice!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  6. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

ahaha! i'm right there with you on how much i spent on dolls recently!
    even though my doll leaves boy hasn't even shipped, i've gone and bought a sd13 girl off of ebay. for a fortune.

i ordered this one here
    isn't it precious???
    i also bought some white tights to go under the striped tights because i'm paranoid of staining, lol.

ah, the crooked cat set is really cute! when are you expecting the delivery?? and can we expect photos??

EDIT:
    i tried looking for the tous les garcones website but all i found was a seemingly defunct taobao shop Dx
    but i've seen Baby the Stars Shine Bright things and if they can best even them, then wow!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  7. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Ahhh, it is so cute! It's really adorable without the apron, too. And guh, love the hat! Dollheart puts so many special details into their stuff. *_* I don't have an estimated arrival time on the set at the moment, but I'm guessing next week sometime since it is from a USA dealer. I really wanted to find some nice eyes before taking pictures, but the options are pretty slim with 14mm (unless I want to wait a month). So I might just have to deal with it and get some decent glass eyes from a dealer.

Tous les garcones is on the Den of Angels marketplace, so you'll have to get access first. :(

8. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

my dollheart clothes arrived!!
    they actually got here a few days ago! talk about fast!
    they got to me before my dolls and i ordered my dolls before them. from within the states.
    usps.
    why?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  9. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Yay! :) You must take pictures when you can!

I finally found some nice urethane eyes for my boy, which should be here next week. But I leave for Disneyland for the half-marathon on Thursday, so I probably won't have everything together before I leave. :( So frustrating when I want to take pictures right now! I was so bored today that I even made him a wig with some leftover wefts from a cosplay. I had never even tried to make a wig before, but it was so easy and I'm so happy with the result. I will have to do it more often!

10. HugsxNxKisses(X0X0)

HugsxNxKisses(X0X0) Member

0   0   0

There is to be a Ghouls Alive Deuce. I saw photos a while ago and a Toralei as well. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93490253@N05/10749576203/

11. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Bumping this up! I still haven't found the perfect wig for my bjd boy, so he just keeps wearing the one that I made him. I took two quick shots of him for anyone who wants to see. :) He's a Migidoll Tan Vampire Miho exclusive to ldoll a couple of years ago. I've never really dealt with a "dreaming" style head before, so I'm trying to figure out what to do about the eye gap. I might just have to find lower domes, and donate the nyx and enchanted eyes to my foxes when they get here. :x I always thought lower domes didn't look as nice though... what to do!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyways, some Monster High news! Frights Camera Action Operetta is all over Canada right now, but hasn't hit the US yet as far as I know. But the Toys R Us exclusive "Picnic Casket" set with Frankie and Jackson has been spotted in the USA. On both coasts, too!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  12. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I'm really starting to get interested in Soom Sweet Witch, does anyone own her? I haven't bought a BJD in two years!

13. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I don't own her, but gosh is she cute! :) I've seen a few on the market as well.

I'm currently hunting for a Soom Ignim full set. She is so gorgeous I cannot stand it. There was one on the marketplace, and I sent a message about her only to find out she sold only hours before! I am still devastated! Next time I won't wait...

14. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

She is pretty, is she a Super Gem size?

15. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I'm pretty sure she is. She always shows up in the 'larger' marketplace section.

16. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

My Tous Les Garcones outfit has arrived! Unfortunately I am not home to look at it </3
    I can share photos of it. However I got it for my boy who is a recast (long story short, I was scammed when I was 14). He is like a Franken-dolly, Volks copy head, Luts copy body, super weird. But if you guys don't mind I can share pictures of him in his new outfit.

17. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Just a quick bump to say that FCA Operetta is being found everywhere! The US (both coasts), Canada, Mexico, Europe, etc. Even my Walmart (which is ages behind) had her today.

And I don't know if anyone else saw the new pictures, but we are getting the following dolls for sure: Invisi Billy, new Wydowna Spider, Manny Taur, Iris Clops, and some other new ones. Ceder Wood, too!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. blue2581

blue2581 Member

0   0   0

I really want Cedar Wood!! I love the ever after high dolls, they are so cute!! I only collect the original versions though, they are like monster high, with all the different versions of the same doll:/

19. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

20. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I want Thronecoming Blondie and Cupid! <3 They look really cute. My only complaint is the tacky makeup. It's like Ghouls Rule all over again...

21. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I agree the make-up is poor, but the outfits are yummy! So poofy. I hate Raven's tough, it just looks like she draped bolts of fabric around herself, but I am not a fan of Raven anyway (only character I dislike actually).

In other news: I've just watched Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse and I love it! I got Raquelle and Nikki for my birthday and hope to add more in soon. Has anyone else seen it/liked it? The dolls are great quality for a playline, I'd say at a MH/EAH level. They have rooted eyelashes, a spare dress, and good accessories. I've been not enjoying Disney so much right now, so it is nice to work on another collection.

22. TinkerTigg

TinkerTigg Member

0   0   0

I went out and found my FCA because of this thread today. I really wanted to not like her and pass...but I loved it and now own her. ;)
    Also, I looked up those throne dolls and now I have to have the Cupid doll. I didn't know of her in time to get her MH doll and don't really respond to her EAH doll...but the "Throne" version is super pretty!

23. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Hope you all don't mind - I'm resurrecting this thread!

I recently went to Disneyland and saw a guy taking pictures of his beloved Blythe doll against various Disney backdrops, and I came up and complimented her and he showed me how her eyes change colors with the pull of a string and everything. I sort of fell in love with it. :) I was wondering if any of those of you who have Blythe dolls would share pictures of yours? I have seriously been debating about whether I need to save up for one. They're so cute!

24. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Bumping up for EAH news! New reveal photos can be found HERE!

The reveals include Lizzie Hearts, Dexter Charming, The O'Hair Twins, Hat Tastic Tea Party (Including Maddie, Cedar, Apple, Cerise, and Briar), Legacy Day Wave 2 (Cerise, Ashlynn, Maddie), Thronecoming, and a Briar playset.

The O'Hair twins are kind of a disappointment for me, but Lizzie is so perfect that it doesn't even matter. :anxious:

25. JanuaryGarnet

JanuaryGarnet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I plan to add some Monster High and Ever After High to my collection. Especially the Raven Queen throne coming doll. Cedar Wood may also be joining the group.