Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I've been thinking, why is it that Mattel's Ever After High Ashylnn Ella can get (Disney) Cinderella's hair color right (beautiful strawberry blonde), but DISNEY CAN'T?! EAH took inspirations from Disney a little, and I'm alright with that because I love Disney, but it just makes me upset because Cinderella is one of my favorites, I'm not surprised she isn't selling so well as other princesses now because Disney has her stuck in a 90's hair color that isn't true to the original or relevant anymore.

What do ya'll think? I heard Disney was working o some new media (a book I think or a TV show) that has the same concept as EAH. Is EAH something Disney should be looking at for successful dolls, or is it completely separate in your mind?

2. TinkerTigg

TinkerTigg Member

0   0   0

SWEET! I didnt know that a picture of Lizzie Hearts was released. Must have! :D
    I am trying SO HARD and SO MUCH to limit the "other dolls" I collect since my collection is already so big...but...I want
    Wydowna Spider
    the New Witch doll (cause it looks like she'll be the Wicked Witch's daughter and a singer too. RAIN! <3 )
    and
    Lizzie Hearts
    Must haves! :D

3. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

So, I've never been a doll collector, partly due to the cost but mostly because my parents put up with me collecting a lot of things, but draw the line at dolls. But now, thanks to you guys, after browsing through this thread I am unbelievably tempted to buy Madeline Hatter. I couldn't believe when I saw that there was a doll who has my name, and even nicknamed Maddie like I am, and is based on my favourite character from Alice in Wonderland! Plus, I love tea and tea cups, and top hats, so I'm drawn in by those too... I've added the original version to my Amazon wishlist, and I think I'm probably going to cave in and purchase in the near future... I'm almost glad that the Legacy Day version isn't available over here!

Yeah, so, thanks guys! You've dragged me in and now I don't know if I'll be able to resist :p. It's been great reading through the thread and seeing all your pictures. Does anyone have a Madeline Hatter doll they can post pictures of? Owner pictures are so much better usually than the promotional ones :).

4. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Here is a good post of Madeline on Tumblr! It's the original, a new variant that is out (from what I understand, they are making the dolls in China now instead of where they were before, so there are minor differences), and getting Fairest.

ladyroselie-- I agree about the hair! It drives me nuts when I see Cinderella with her pretty much yellow hair. The strawberry blonde is so much better.

And thank goodness, I FINALLY found a tan SOOM Ignim! I have her on layaway, and I'm so happy about it. :) Does anyone have any recommendations for faceup artists?

5. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Oh thank you for the great link, those photos are fantastic! I thought I didn't like the getting fairest version from the photos on Amazon but she looks much better in the owner photo. I just love all the little details - teaspoon earrings? Adorable! Gah, now I want all the versions! :p

I have to say, I was surprised by how affordable the original version is on Amazon. I'm so used to seeing LE Disney dolls that I forgot there are some dolls out there that are manageable prices!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  6. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Quick question - am I correct in thinking that the Madeline Hatter Legacy Day doll hasn't been released yet? I followed the link that someone posted a couple of pages back that was to the listing on amazon.ca, which just says "currently unavailable" but it doesn't come up under any searches I've done elsewhere, nor on the EAH site I found via Google, so I assumed that she hadn't yet been released, along with the other two in the link. Did they do them in two waves and the second wave has yet to come out, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks! :)

7. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

The second wave has not been released yet, sadly. I'm not sure when it's due out, either. The newest set showing up in stores is the Hat-tastic party girls.:)

8. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Thank you! You're so helpful :). I've now got the dilemma of which varient of the basic Maddie Hatter I can get hold of - the nicer one seems only to be in the US at the moment, so I may have to wait for that one to come over to the UK, or just order from Amazon and see which one arrives. Which dolls/characters are in the Hat-tastic set?

9. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

You're welcome!! :) I keep up with this stuff on Tumblr, because I like to be well-informed. ;) I have the first run Maddie, but I really want the new varient. I'll have to see if I can find her here at some point. As for the Hat-Tastic dolls, Cerise, Briair, and Apple are the ones out so far.

[​IMG]

There is a set with Maddie and Cedar, but that isn't being found yet. :)

10. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

All I can find out about the new variant is that it's only in Target at the moment, which we do have a version of here in the UK called Argos so it's likely that if we get the new variant, she'll show up there first. I'll be on the look out I think, the newer one seems nicer. I like the original too though, and if it's more affordable I will probably go for that one. I really like the Getting Fairest and Legacy Day versions too now I've looked at photos (Legacy day Maddie's shoes are a-maz-iiiinng!) so I may end up with multiple Maddies. I haven't got the space to collect more than just her though so I think I'll be a bit stuck when it comes to the Hat-tastic set if it has Cedar in too.

One set at a time though, I keep getting ahead of myself and thinking of all the ones I want to get! I need to make space in my room before I can get any, and work out how I'm going to convince my parents that they should accept this new collection :p.

Do you collect all the Ever After High ones? They're all so pretty, and detailed, and have such cute accessories!

11. PrincessxJasmine89

PrincessxJasmine89 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Has anyone seen the wave of signature dolls that includes Blondie in the UK? Been checking my TRU forever and all they have is Getting Fairest and the first 4 signature dolls and Ashlynn & Hunter... They must be out because they're all over eBay lol! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Megfan

Megfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I think you can get Blondie from Argos, and you can definitely get Cerise from there as that is where I got my one from. :)

Does anyone know if Black Carpet Operetta is available anywhere in the UK?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  13. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I went and had a look at Maddie today. Found her in Debenhams, surprisingly enough! She is so pretty :). It was the original variant and I think I like that one enough to be happy with getting her off Amazon rather than waiting until the newer variant comes to the UK. Trying to decide if I should get the Gettting Fairest version first though...

I really hope they release the Legacy Day Maddie soon, as I think that's the one I want most! At least, until the Hat-Tastic set comes out :p. Man, I'm going to end up with a lot of dolls at this rate...

14. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Just had a look on the Argos website and Blondie is listed there if you search Ever After High :).

15. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Ooh, it's gone quiet around here...

I changed my mind about getting the first variant of the basic Maddie... decided I prefer the new variant :p. So now I have to either wait until she comes to the UK, or find someone in the US who can get one from Target and ship it over but I think it would be too expensive for me as I'd want her boxed. Looks like I'm in for a wait... Oh well, already waiting for Legacy Day Maddie, a little more waiting won't hurt! I'm going to get the Getting Fairest in the meantime, to keep me company :).

I've noticed that the some Hat-Tastic dolls seem to be out, and more photos of the Throne Coming ones are appearing so it seems they might be out too, which strikes me as strange as they were announced around the same time as the second wave of Legacy Day ones, yet those aren't out yet. I hope they come out soon, I want to see pictures of a de-boxed Maddie in her pretty dress and amazing shoes! :D

Edited to add: I'm sure you've all seen this but I thought I'd post a link in case anyone hasn't. There's photos of upcoming EAH dolls. I love the look of the tea party playset with Maddie in :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  16. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

So, uh, did I kill this thread? *hangs head in shame*

My Getting Fairest Maddie has been dispatched. So excited!

Anyone else got a new doll recently or one on their way to you? Don't leave me here talking to myself... :p

17. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

Don't you hate that when you are the last person to post and then *crickets crickets*?

I just bought Cedar Wood and Cerise (just the regular ones). Mattel had 25% off sale and free shipping in States. I wanted to wait and get Legacy Cerise, because I love the fur hood, but since I initially only wanted to buy the regular dolls, I went with the regular one. I can't turn down a discount. :lol:

I am so excited about Lizzie Hearts. She needs to come out now. Maddie is my fav, though.

18. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Yup, I really hate the tumbleweed blowing through when I was the last to post! Talk about awkward! :p

Ooh that's a good deal, enjoy your bargains! Cedar is so beautiful, I love the wood grain and her cute little outfit. I also like the look of Lizzie, she's going to be really pretty.

Same as you though, Maddie is my favourite :). I'm only collecting her as I haven't got space or funds for all the others, and Maddie holds a special place in my heart <3. Can't wait for my first one to arrive, delivery is predicted to be tomorrow. Eeep!

19. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

I saw pics for the Hat-tastic Maddie and Tea Party set. I will probably buy, even though I told myself I would only buy one doll per character and not buy the furniture kits. Yet, how can I resist?

I don't know what it is about Wonderland dolls, but I am also hoping Kitty Cheshire comes out for next batch of future dolls.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  20. JanuaryGarnet

JanuaryGarnet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I'm psyched of the Thronecoming Raven Queen doll, and the Legacy Day Maddie Hatter.

21. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Sorry guys, I've been meaning to post more but I get distracted pretty easily. ;) But in Monster High news, the Zombie Shake 2 packs (Venus and Rochelle & Meowlody and Purrsephone) as well as the Creepateria dolls (Cleo, Draculaura, and Howleen) are being found in Justice stores around the USA. My stupid Justice still doesn't have Cedar or the Zombie Shake cat girls, and it's killing me! I always buy them in person to pick out a good paint job, and to make sure there isn't any wonky-eye. But my Justice is so behind it's ridiculous. :( So I'll have to wait.

But in good news, my SOOM Ignim is supposed to be delivered today! She is my dream BJD, so I can't wait!

22. Merriennes

Merriennes Member

0   0   0

She's an ASDA exclusive in the UK. Took me a while to find her, I needed to find a larger ASDA store but I got there in the end. I only collect Operetta and Cleo of the Monster High gals ;)

23. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

It looks like an adorable set! I notice in some pictures that they seem to be making Maddie's hair lighter for that one, bit odd. I love the little tea cups and tea pot that come with each of the other Hat-tastic girls, I'm hoping that they might appear on their own on eBay (a lot of sellers seem to separate the accessories out) so I can have a whole group of tea sets :D.

Ditto on the Legacy Day Maddie, she looks stunning. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I cannot get over how amazing her shoes are!

Amazingly my Getting Fairest Maddie's delivery date jumped from Friday, to Tuesday, to today! So I already have her. I spent ages carefully de-boxing her as I want to keep the box, and I am absolutely in love. She's just gorgeous! I love the three hairbands (although annoyingly the blue heart shaped one has a dodgy paint job that spoils it a little...). As someone who hasn't bought dolls since I was younger, it seems to me that the quality has vastly improved. She's so detailed, her hair is amazingly well rooted all over her head, the clothes are so well-stitched... I'm so happy I bought her, and I'm going to continue looking out for that new variant of Signature Maddie as I'm sure I'm going to love her just as much. Thank you to everyone on this thread who posted the links and pictures that made me discover Maddie - I'm so happy I did!

Only negative is that one of her eyes has a smudge/scratch in the paint. It only shows close-up but it's a little annoying! It's such a tiny thing though, that it deserves tiny writing :p.

24. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Oops, I killed the discussion again...

25. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

Ok, MadWild, you said that you can only collect Maddie due to funds and space. Totally hear ya on that. IF you were able to add one more Hat-tastic girl to the tea party table, so Maddie doesn't get lonely, who would it be? I would add Cerise. That bold red lock of hair is awesome. I will admit that Briar is very cute, too. I bought her regular doll later than the others because she was not a fav, but I think the Hat-tastic doll is a winner.