• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do you think this is real or a fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think this is real or a fake?

Snoffsan

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
So I just received this pin that I have been looking for a while for Ida. Alva got the Ariel phone HM pin in october and Ida have wanted the Belle one since then. I got a trade request on Pinpics for it and they wanted a mystery collection pin that I cared nothing about so we decided to make a trade.

But when I opened the package I get a feeling its a fake. Ida don't really care in the end she likes it, but it feels a little bit bad for me.

What do you think? Is it fake? I compared it to the Ariel one. Ariel is really shiny and has no color dips but Belle is dull and has several small marks. Its so hard to show it in a pic but I will try.

We will probably end up keeping it anyway because its not worth the shipping to send it back but I just want to know what you think.

On this pic you can see that Ariels phone it really black and shiny and Belles is almost gray because its "dull", its not shiny at all and it has small marks in the black.

8ffd716f-b381-45c3-b739-3d8859602677.jpg

But from the front it looks ok so I guess it really don't matter a lot in the end. Its not like its a really valuable pins, but it stills feel bad to trade a real pin for a fake one.

4158d2f3-65aa-48a3-9794-d7e92f7cc010.jpg

Does anyone have a real one so we can compare colors? On pin pics it might look like Belles hair is supposed to be much darker?

Its so hard to get a good pic of the back but I tried. It look ok to me. Its just that the surface of the 2 pins are so different. Its really easy to see the difference when you have both in your hand.

61E56866-C3F7-4B88-849E-C9B5C9A70631.jpg

But like I said its not really a big deal for us. When you trade for HM I know this is a big risk so Im glad it was not an even more valuable pin I traded for it.

Ida loves the pin and if I don tell her its a fake she will never see it. The good thing about kids! :)

One of Alvas favorite pins is actually a fake. It was the very first pin she got. It was a man at WDW who gave it to her and explained about the whole pin trading thing. That is how it all started for us. Its so clearly a fake, we know that now, and we have the same pin not fake too so its very obvious. We only got fake pins from them, but thats not the important thing. Its the thought that counts. He gave her an Ariel pin and got us in to pin trading. That makes that pin so beautiful :)

Hi, Finally got a few photos that are almost good. I stink at taking photos of pins!

Here you go.

Ariel Belle Backs Belle Back

Ahh its hard to tell but I do think its a fake because of the different surface of the pins, but I don't have the energy to care. I will just keep it and let Ida be happy with not knowing about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back