docfish2u's PSA announcement

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by docfish2u, Aug 13, 2017.

1. docfish2u

docfish2u Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight

Rating - 100%
    731   0   0

Some of you may have noticed I have been MIA for several months. There are a couple of reasons for it. 1 very good reason and 1 not so good reason.

Work has been crazy busy. Since the beginning of the year we have been busier then I can ever remember it at work. Lots of overtime and not one day off because of lack of work. I have been working at this place for over 30 years and I don't ever remember a year like this. So by the time I get home I am exhausted and don't have a lot of time to do much of anything. Thank goodness I have been able to accumulate a lot of vacation time because of reason #2

This part is a little graphic, don't read if you are squeamish!

The not so good reason - I had a colonoscopy the 28th. The prep is awful tasting but the procedure is nothing at all. They found 3 polyps which thank goodness were benign. If they had been left in, they would have become a problem so it is great they removed them. I am on a blood thinner for my hearts A-fib. I had to stop taking it 2 days prior to the procedure. Not uncommon, I have to do the same thing anytime I get dental work done. My doctor told me to start taking my blood thinner again Saturday. Well that was a mistake. The paperwork told me to wait a week unless instructed other wise, which I was so I didn't think about it. Monday just after I took my blood thinner and just before bed, I noticed I had a lot of blood in my stool. Why it couldn't have happened before I took my pill and made my life a little easier I don't know. But after a late night trip to the hospital. They had to go back in and do another colonoscopy to seal things up. Of course since I had been eating real food, I had to try and do another awful tasting prep. Did I mention how bad that stuff tastes? :facepalm: They went back in Tuesday afternoon and clamped up where they thought the blood was coming from. It seemed to work. They decided that since I hadn't eaten anything solid they should go back in and check to make sure everything was looking good on Wednesday. So 3 colonoscopies in under a week. I seem to be doing well as far as no more blood thank goodness. Now it is just a matter of getting my strength back and I should be good to go.

So the public service announcement it if you are over 50 do get a colonoscopy, if you don't you could be in real trouble if you have polyps that go bad. If you get a colonoscopy and are on blood thinners be sure to ask a lot of questions about when you should start them up again. If they tell you the next day ask them if they are sure and give them my tale as a warning.

2. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Eek! Sorry to hear you had to go through all that! I hope that the worst of it is past and you won't have to have another one of those preps for awhile.

[​IMG]

3. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Ouch! Wow...that does not sound pleasant at all. Hopefully work will calm down and you will start to feel better soon.

4. Pinfun

Pinfun Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Ugh.... not over 50, but family history, so I've had to drink that stuff. I could hardly choke the stuff down. My heart goes out to you for having to do it more than once. Glad you got through it and here's to a speedy recovery and getting your strength back soon!

5. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Ugh. I had to have a colonoscopy a few years ago and the prep SUCKED. Cannot imagine having to suffer through it three times in a week.

I love you, mister. Take care of yourself and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. curiousdinah

curiousdinah Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

That stinks David, but glad you are healthy in the end. I never had to have one yet (thankfully) but my younger sister had to go through it to diagnose an issue she was having. Any issues in that area of the body are not fun.

7. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

David prayers to you for having to endure it three times in one week hope all will be well soon

8. natelove

natelove Member

Rating - 100%
    119   0   0

WOW - that is the definition of a crappy week!! Glad you are doing so much better.

9. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Active Member

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

I saw Amy's post on FB, so sorry you had to go through all this :( sending big hugs :hug:

10. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Pun intended?

11. SiuJerkJai

SiuJerkJai Mrs. Nesbitt

Rating - 100%
    131   0   0

Ugh, that sucks. But good for you for getting it done. Too many people put it off, and like you said, that can lead to serious problems.

[​IMG]

12. imp

imp Evil Fairy DPF Moderator

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

So glad to hear it's all over - 3 times in one week?? I hated that prep and I only had to do it once!

13. bcol

bcol Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

David, sorry to hear what you have been going through, but as your gastroenterologist said, "things are looking up!". The worst is behind you
    (no pun intended) and I hope your recovery is quick and without any more problems.

14. katelouise

katelouise lunapins on Instagram!

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Ohhh that's awful David!
    I'm glad you're on the mend, but the whole ordeal sounds terrible :(

Sending good vibes your way!

15. pins4twin

pins4twin Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Glad you are feeling much better. Being over 50 and with family history I know the agony you have been through doing the preps. Hopefully, because they are benign, it is five more years until your next test.

16. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Thank you for the warning and PSA! Hope you're feeling better :D

17. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

No fun! I'm just glad you're still around. :)

18. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0

It's great to hear from you, David! I'm sorry that you're having colon problems. My mom made me go to her colonoscopy, so I could drive her home a couple year back. She did not have fun that day. I wish you a speedy recovery, especially after all the mishaps!

19. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

Wugh, that's majorly rough! But I'm super glad to hear you're on the mend. All the best to the Grail Slayer and Co! <3

~Merlin

20. xdattax

xdattax Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Well Sir, that all sounds like a giant pain in the ass and I'm glad it's behind you now.

Sorry, I'm not very punny, hope you're feeling better now and thing are much less unpalatable. That prep stuff is wretched for sure!

21. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Awww, I'm really sorry to hear this! I'm staring down the barrel of my first colonoscopy, so I'm at least glad to know that the procedure isn't terrible at all.

22. Haunted575

Haunted575 Member

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Glad you are on the mend! You are def setting records on the number of procedures in a week. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Active Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Oh great, sounds like I won't have a hard time at all convincing my hubby to get his in the near future.

Hope the worst is over with Mr. David, with that and work you need to pamper yourself for a while!

24. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby I LOVE Chessie Pins !!

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I couldn't agree with natelove's comment, more.

Interestingly enough, I was (honest to God) just thinking about you yesterday; wondering why I hadn't seen any posts on dpf from you. I sign on today, and get my answer.

So, so sorry to hear you had to go through this. Sheesh. So, if you hadn't taken the blood thinner when you did, what occurred thereafter, wouldn't have?? Just curious.

God is far from done with docfish2u...that's for sure.

We love you!!

God's speed with your recovery!!

25. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles DPF Moderator Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Saw Amy on Fb and she had filled me in...so your absence here was not alarming... so I am glad you are felling bettet. Get some rest and heal. Miss you terribly.