• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Does this pin have known fakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this pin have known fakes?

Shannon

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Was wondering if this pins has fakes that anyone knows about? The seller has 2, which is plausible, but they also have a bunch of other pins that have been scrapped. Just curious because I want it lol.

pin86517
Pin 86517: WDI- Characters Sorcerers - Evil Queen

The sold listings don't point to counterfeits, but I see a few notorious sellers who currently have it up for sale, so a little suspicion might be healthy...maybe ask the seller where (s)he got it?

I took the chance...it was just a few dollars so I will see what it looks like when it gets here. If its bad, its going back.

I usually message sellers and politely ask if I could see a clear picture of the front and back. It's the only thing you can really do!

I have seen a few suspects of this pin. Usually has a weird milky like coating on it, dull finish. Not sure if they are fakes or if they are just poorly kept and got corroded or something.

I'll post pictures when it comes in...my gut feeling says it will be no good...maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

OK, so the pin came. When I took it out of the envelope, first scrapper warning, little plastic baggie. The pin itself looks fine. Fairly shiny, no dips or brushmarks. I can't tell by the weight, I am a bad judge at that. There is a slight border around the back imprint. I kind of think it's a fake but I am just not sure. DOes anyone have a legit of this pin they can post a pic of? I will post a pic of mine in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back