• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doomed Pin?

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Hi All,

Have you ever had a pin, that for whatever reason, keeps eluding you due to bad trades or misfortune?

Mine is this one:

I have tried to trade for it three times. The first two pins I got were scrappers...and pretty bad ones at that.
Today I got this envelope, which should have contained the black and white Minnie Mouse.

Luckily it is not an LE, or rare pin, so I am not out a whole lot. But I have traded away three legit pins, paid postage for said pins, and have not got anything to show for it.

As a reminder, or advice to new pin traders:
PLEASE, do not just put a pin in a paper envelope. It is highly probable that the envelope will get ripped and the pin will be gone.
Pins can get damaged packed this way too.

This sender paid almost as much for a plain envelope as for a small puffy, so this isn't even a good method to try and save money.

I always send pins attached to a business card with the pin information, a thank you and in a puffy envelope. It makes me irritated and hurt when others don't do the same.

Black and White Minnie Mouse, my 'doomed pin'.

:/ I feel like this was done on purpose. You see where it says it was received in damaged condition?

I think someone is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. That could just be me being super suspicious, though...

Maybe, but also plain envelopes are often put through a sorter or automatic cancelling machine. A pin would get caught in that, rip the envelope and cause it to fall out. The envelope would continue on it's way to my post office where it would be "received damaged". Actually, looking at the envelope now, I see the ink marks from the machine got smeared too, so that makes me think that it did get caught...of course, maybe I am just not super suspicious though. LOL

That is why if you have something in a flat envelope that you don't want to go through the machine you should write - CANCEL BY HAND - on it.

Either way, I am out another pin...and it was a mistake to package a pin this way.

Last edited:
I'm super sorry. :c

I would contact the person you traded with though. It's their fault, and they should be more than willing to send your pin back! I would. :/

I'm super sorry. :c

I would contact the person you traded with though. It's their fault, and they should be more than willing to send your pin back! I would. :/

Thanks! It is a bummer, but sometimes these things happen. I have sent them an e-mail, so we will see what they say.

Shoot. A LBE would have been the same amount of money to mail. I hope the person sends you back your pins, sent in an appropriate envelope, back to you.

I've seen a loooooottttt of complaints about poor packaging in the Facebook groups I belong to. If you made this trade through any group/site/etc and you don't receive an adequate response from the trader, contact the mods for the group. Most of them like to be aware of these types of issues. Unfortunately, you won't be the only one to have this type of issue with the same seller (if this is his/her packing method, it's his/her packing method!). Sorry this happened to you. I agree, when you try to take care with items you ship, you feel really, really skunked when other people don't offer the same courtesy! (Like, why do we have to "teach" people how to package something????)

Maybe, but also plain envelopes are often put through a sorter or automatic cancelling machine. A pin would get caught in that, rip the envelope and cause it to fall out. The envelope would continue on it's way to my post office where it would be "received damaged". Actually, looking at the envelope now, I see the ink marks from the machine got smeared too, so that makes me think that it did get caught...of course, maybe I am just not super suspicious enough. LOL

That is why if you have something in a flat envelope that you don't want to go through the machine you should write - CANCEL BY HAND - on it.

Either way, I am out another pin...and it was a mistake to package a pin this way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear that.. I guess it's not common knowledge how things should be properly packaged (at least on PinPics, it doesn't seem to have a mailing rules section). Hopefully, you can take this opportunity to educate the other person! Good luck with this pin :]

Darn, Tonka. :/

I'm sorry you've been cheated out of another pin, I'll definitely keep my eye out for Minnie. :)

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

She's a lovely pin, ........ with three attempted trades, surely the next time you will be lucky. I hope you're able to resolve this with the sender, very soon.

That's so rough! A similar thing happened to me. I had won an ebay auction for a pin I was very much in search of. When I never got a tracking number I got nervous. Turns out the seller (despite charging me $5 for s/h), sent it in a regular envelope and it was "lost in delivery". All that I got was a torn envelope. Thankfully, the seller was fair and refunded me the money. I send you good trading vibes so that you find your elusive Minnie!!

Ok that's horrible ,I am a stickler about my pins being wrapped well and in a bubble mailer
a few ppl say I am better than Fort Knox ...I hope you get it resolved
Judy

That's a sad story, BUT when you finally do get that cute pin it will really mean a lot to you. I can't believe anyone would just send a pin in a regular envelope. Good luck, I don't think "doomed" is permanent. :D

So sorry about your pin being lost. I starting trading Starbucks gift cards and that gets a little scary too with being shipped in a plain envelope as they can get ripped out by the sorting machine. I am surprised that the post worker feed this envelope into the machine like that.

Good luck! I feel this pin will be in your hands soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back