DPF Bingo - Round #2 - VOTE NOW!

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by NutMeg, Apr 29, 2018.

?

Which movie(s) do you want added to the game? Select up to 3...

1. Fantasia

2. The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad

3. Bedknobs and Broomsticks

4. The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride

5. An Extremely Goofy Movie

6. The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea

7. Return to Never Land

8. Home on the Range

9. Chicken Little

10. Enchanted

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NutMeg

NutMeg I tie my own sandals.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Thank you so much everyone for your flattering comments! <3 <3 <3

And thank you for putting so much thought into your responses re: refinements to the rules! They seem to include quite a bit of nuance, however, (eg "this, but with the exception of that"), so I've decided I'm going to put together a quick survey with simple yes/no answers, and once I've received at least a few completed surveys, I'll be able to discern a much clearer idea of the consensus and make a concise ruling. :D

So please stay tuned for the survey; I would really appreciate having as many as possible to work from! And in the meantime, be sure to start thinking about your next cards. ;)

2. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

My list is ready. I just had to replace the ones eliminated with the ones on my backup list. :) I can't wait to play!

NutMeg likes this.
  3. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

I did that too. LOL

NutMeg likes this.
  4. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Ok y'all, if you could please fill out this short survey (please don't elaborate on your answers!), we can get moving to Round #2 as quickly as possible! :D Don't worry, the final ruling hopefully won't be as complicated as this survey might suggest, but the initial responses I got were pretty nuanced, so boiling it down to a few key points will help me make a decision that's much simpler overall. Anyone who played in the first round or plans to play in one of the next rounds is encouraged to fill this out! Thank you!!!
    -------

1.) Should characters at different ages count separately? (ie Hercules and Baby Hercules, Elsa and Young Elsa, Dory and Baby Dory, Adult Simba and Young Simba, etc...)
    YES or NO

2.) Should alter-egos/disguises count as separate characters? (ie Aurora and Briar Rose, Aladdin and Prince Ali, Mulan and Ping, Helen Parr and Elastigirl, etc...)
    YES or NO

3.) If a character changes to a different bodily form, should it count separately? Please choose either A, B, or C:
    A: Yes, but only if their name changes as well (ie the Evil Queen and Old Hag, Beast and Prince Adam, Ursula and Vanessa, etc...)
    B: Yes, in all cases (ie the above examples, plus Maleficent and Dragon Maleficent, Tiana and Frog Tiana, Yzma and Cat Yzma, Jafar and Genie Jafar, etc...)
    C: No.
    4.) If a character with more than one "version" is drawn, but multiple versions are currently on cards, how should the Mickey Heads be awarded? (eg: the Evil Queen is drawn, but other players have selected the Old Hag.) Please choose either A or B:
    A: Only the player(s) who chose the version that was actually drawn should receive a MH.
    B: All players who chose any form of the character should receive a MH.​

5. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

1.) No
    2.) No
    3.) A
    4.) A

6. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

1) No
    2) No
    3) A
    4) A (I'm just going to notate that this answer is predicated on the way the other questions are answered. It makes no sense, if we're counting Old Hag and Evil Queen as separate characters, to give a head to both those characters when one is drawn.)

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  7. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

1.) No

2.) Yes

3.) B
    4.) A

8. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

1. No.
    2. No.
    3. No.
    4. B.

(This is just the way I’d do it if it were my game. I think it’s the simplest solution, but I’m cool with whatever you all decide.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    428   0   0

1) No
    2) No
    3) A
    4) A

10. Ventchick

Ventchick The DPF Ventriloquist

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

No
    No
    A
    A

11. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

12. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Actually, there has been some debate over this earlier in the thread, and other solutions have been presented (as in, give everyone a MH but only eliminate the character that was actually drawn.) It may sound confusing, but trust me, all of this is very helpful to me. :)

13. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

No
    Yes
    B
    A

14. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. B
    4. A

15. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

My bigger concern is that if you choose BOTH as card characters, what do you do? Can't give the one person both (that's unfair), but your rule paints you into a corner. It's a loophole that can be taken advantage of without careful consideration.

16. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I already have a plan of what I intend to do, but I felt it was important to hear everyone out since my #1 goal with the game is simply for people to have fun. Because there are so many differing opinions about potential rules, I will definitely have to just make my own executive decision, which will probably make some people unhappy, but hopefully everyone will respect the rules and it will ultimately make the game less confusing. And if we ever do run into a big dilemma like that, I trust that people on here are civil enough that we can resolve the issue maturely. :) Because the Disney Trivia element adds a level of unpredictability to the game, there may be some minor situations where I have to play judge/jury, and again, hopefully people will respect that since it's my game. Doing my best here, you guys!

17. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    428   0   0

I think roadbumps are to be expected. :3 I certainly don't expect people to get too bent out of shape over it <3

And it's all for fun (and free) after all. :)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Tokaji likes this.
  18. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

1.) NO
    2.) NO
    3.) A
    4.) A

19. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Don't get me wrong! I love the game and I'll play one way or the other! :D You just asked for opinions and thoughts, so I gave them. I know there has been a bit of discussion on the topic, all I was notating was that, due to the responses I'd already given, the response to Q4 was moot. I'd said in which cases characters should be treated as separate, and separate characters are separate already, so my response to that question was predetermined. :)

It's your game, do what you want with it! :D

20. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

What?! Run your game your way?! Outrageous! Even worse, run your FREE game your way?! Inconceivable! The audacity! *Indignant Huff* Well, I never! What is happening to this country?! The horror!!

Probably not needed, but just in case.....;)

MerlinEmrys, Shelterkat and AshleyV like this.
  21. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

1.) NO

2.) YES

3.) A
    4.) A.

22. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

This is not needed either, but I can't help myself:
    [​IMG]

Ajk likes this.
  23. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    428   0   0

Oh my gosh I swear I was coming here to post that gif.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ajk and caw caw rawr like this.
  24. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

1.) NO

2.) YES

3.) B

4.) A

25. khossler

khossler Moana and Toy Story Collector!

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

No. Yes. A. A.