DPF Bingo - Round #2 - VOTE NOW!

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by NutMeg, Apr 29, 2018.

?

Which movie(s) do you want added to the game? Select up to 3...

1. Fantasia

2. The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad

3. Bedknobs and Broomsticks

4. The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride

5. An Extremely Goofy Movie

6. The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea

7. Return to Never Land

8. Home on the Range

9. Chicken Little

10. Enchanted

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Yes yes B A

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2. NutMeg

NutMeg I tie my own sandals.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Ok guys, we're back in business! Sorry for the long wait. I hope you haven't lost your enthusiasm for the game and that this next round will have plenty of participants! :D

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to fill out the survey regarding the eligibility of character variants! It looks like there are a couple of issues that have a very clear consensus and can be resolved easily:

• Characters at different ages will NOT be counted separately. For example, you may select Hercules for your card, but not Baby Hercules or Old Man Hercules Aging Rapidly As He Swims Through The Underworld.
    • In the event that a character with more than one variant is drawn, Mickey Heads will ONLY be awarded to players who chose the actual version drawn. For example, if the Evil Queen is drawn, players who selected the Old Hag will not receive the MH, and vice versa.

When it came to the other two matters (characters with alter-egos/disguises, and characters with different bodily forms), the response was very mixed. In fact, the alter-ego issue was a dead tie. Half voted in favor of their inclusion, the other half against. As for the different bodily forms, it was a close call, but there was a slight preference for option A, which ruled that it only counts as a separate character if their name changes. That rule will therefore go into effect, and as a compromise for the tie, I will also apply it as a stipulation to the alter-ego issue. So to clarify:

• If a character has more than one bodily form, each form WILL be counted separately, but ONLY when these forms have different names. For example, Beast and Prince Adam will be counted as two separate characters, as well as Ursula and Vanessa, and Te Ka and Te Fiti. However, mermaid Ariel and human Ariel will NOT be counted separately, since her name never changes; same goes for puppet Pinocchio and human Pinocchio, Maleficent and Maleficent as a dragon, and other such scenarios.
    • The same rule applies to characters whose form does not change, but who have multiple identities: If a character has an alter-ego or wears a disguise, each version WILL be counted as a separate character, but ONLY if that version uses a different name. This includes, for example, Mulan and Ping, Aladdin and Prince Ali, and Helen Parr and Elastigirl. Examples of alter-egos/disguises that are NOT counted separately would be Jasmine in her peasant disguise, Robin Hood in his beggar disguise, or Boo as a monster. Simply changing outfits does not count.

Please understand and respect that these updates have been voted upon and decided democratically by the group (and in the case of the one tie, I believe a fair compromise was reached.) The fact of the matter is that, judging by the lengthy discussions that have taken place and the various "but what if..." scenarios that have been posed, there's just no way to please everyone when it comes to the nitty-gritty rules. But I feel that this has been the fairest possible way to refine the game, and that these new rules are logical solutions that should be pretty easy to follow. (If you're trying to think of non-standard variants, all you really need to ask yourself is "does this version have their own name?")

Also keep in mind that this is a game of chance, so if you choose a certain character and see that another player has thought up a different version of them, that doesn't mean they have better odds of their version being drawn. The drawings are random. Because there are hundreds of potential characters that could be drawn, statistically speaking, it certainly helps to be creative; filling up your card with characters from just one movie probably won't do you any favors, because it's pretty unlikely (but hey, technically not impossible!) that there would be so little variety in a single round. But that doesn't mean the "creative" choice of a variant (like Prince Ali over plain old Aladdin) automatically has the edge.

The reason I encourage variants is simply so that we can have as many characters as possible in the game and can therefore play as many rounds as possible! And also because I think it adds a fun "trivia" twist to the game. Again, it's a game of chance, not skill, so "trivia" may be a bit misleading, but if I were allowed to play, I feel like I'd have more fun picking my characters if I challenged myself to rack the Disney lobe of my brain (it's in your prefrontal cortex, fyi.) I doubt the game would be as fun if I just gave you all the list of characters to choose from like a menu; something I repeatedly heard from players in the first round was that they really enjoyed the surprise of seeing which characters were chosen by others. The most important thing is to simply select your characters using whatever method or strategy will be the most fun for YOU. :)

There have also been questions regarding how I decide when to group multiple characters together in one box, so I figured I should address that again. The general rule I've been using is to count characters individually when they have individual names, and group them together when they do not. So for example, Ariel's sisters count as separate characters since their names are explicitly stated in the film (and in song form, no less!) Pain and Panic are also counted separately, as are the Seven Dwarfs (Doc, Grumpy, Dopey, and so on.) The Lost Boys, on the other hand, are grouped together, since they are never given names in the film. (I know they have names in the sequel, but that movie is not on the list.) Same goes for the Neverland Mermaids. The one exception to the rule I've made so far is for Si & Am, who I've grouped as one. Several players chose them for the first round, and almost everyone selected them as a duo, to share a single box. So I went with the majority/my gut instinct, and PM'ed the two people who chose them individually so they could select an additional character for their card. So really, this isn't an issue you need to worry about - simply place the characters on your card as you see fit, and if this conflicts with how they are grouped/separated, I'll obviously let you know so you can adjust your selections accordingly and be on the same level playing field as everyone else.

And honestly, NONE of this should concern you too much when making your selections! It's supposed to be fun! :D Please just pick any characters you want, and let ME worry about whether any of them are ineligible or need to be adjusted. I'm rooting for all of you guys, so I'm obviously not going to let you play with a defective card!

I hope this huge pile of information isn't too overwhelming! If you're confused, I recommend re-reading the instructions/rules on the first page, as I've added these new stipulations *and* tried to edit the whole thing down to bare bones so it's more concise and easy to digest. Or just ask me if you have questions! I'm sure that once we've played another round or two, we'll all have the hang of it and it'll be smooth sailing. And on that note... on to the fun stuff! ;)

Round #2 starts on Sunday, July 1st!
    Sign-ups will open this Friday, June 22nd! Please do not comment to claim a spot until then.
    The deadline for players to submit their character lists is Friday, June 29th.

If you are on the current Wait List, please check your inbox! I have PM'ed each of you to give you priority access to this round. You will have until Friday to reply and reserve your spot. On Friday, sign-ups will be open to everyone else; you're still absolutely welcome to join the game at this point, but you'll have to comment to claim a spot like everyone else, and the first round filled up pretty fast!

Our Round #1 winners, @MerlinEmrys and @teddy_ruxpin, will be tentatively sitting out this round in order to give other members a chance to score some Bingos (and those sweet, sweet buttons - which, by the way, should be mailed to you both this week!) However, if there are spots still available by the deadline, you are more than welcome to jump in! And you are absolutely eligible for Round #3. :D

3. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

I will play again if there are spots after the waiting list

NutMeg likes this.
  4. AlaskanMalamute

AlaskanMalamute Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Lol this is great! On another note do you work in the HR field, don’t awnser that.

NutMeg and MerlinEmrys like this.
  5. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    428   0   0

Whoo! Excited for another round! :D I think I'll make a "phantom" card on my own and play along quietly ;P

Wishing everyone the best of luck!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

NutMeg likes this.
  6. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Even if everyone from the Wait List reserves their space, there will still be 14 spots left! :D So you should be fine as long as you get here early on Friday haha. I was surprised how quickly they went last time!

7. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Hahaha nope, maybe I missed my true calling in life. xD

8. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

That's what I did last round. :) Still fun!

9. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    428   0   0

That's where I got the idea!

caw caw rawr likes this.
  10. raikipins

raikipins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Oh, yay! I'm so glad I checked in time and didn't actually miss sign-ups for Round #2! ^^ I haven't logged in for a while, so I was a little worried, lol.

...Now to make sure I can actually get a spot on Friday, haha.

NutMeg likes this.
  11. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to do this myself haha. I did come up with a character list; at first I was like, "I'm gonna use Merlin's strategy, it seemed to work well for him!" But then I just ended up choosing all my favorites, lol. It's probably a pretty predictable list... xD

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  12. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

So happy to see another repeat customer! :p I hope you're able to grab a spot! I made sure to post the heads-up several days in advance so anyone who wants to play can be prepared to pounce, haha. I was so shocked by how quickly the spots filled up last time! I started the thread April 30th at 8:01 PM and they had all been claimed by 7:43 AM. :O

raikipins and MerlinEmrys like this.
  13. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    428   0   0

I'm going to go with a specific "theme" this time I think.

NutMeg likes this.
  14. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

My accidental theme somehow ended up being sassy ladies. xD

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  15. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    428   0   0

No such thing as an accident...

[​IMG]

watzshakinbacon and NutMeg like this.
  16. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

I'll have to set my alarm for Friday! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NutMeg likes this.
  17. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Ok it was at least intentional on a subconscious level. xD

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  18. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I wanna play again ^^

NutMeg likes this.
  19. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

Yeeps, Friday is Pixar Pier day! Is there an estimated timeframe for signups? (Or do you allow proxy signups? ;) )

20. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Alrighty folks! Everyone on the Wait List has officially reserved their spot, which means there will be a total of 14 spots available starting Friday! Only 2 days left! :D

Let's see... for the first round, it took about 12 hours for all the spots to be claimed; since sign-ups open at midnight PST, I'm guessing we'll be filled up by around noon. Maybe a little earlier than that, since people now have advance notice and can plan ahead to join this round, whereas last time I just sprang this whole thing on you guys, haha.

It only takes a few seconds to sign up (you just have to comment "ME," with as many exclamation points as you see fit :p), and since you're on PST you probably have an edge over the East Coasters and international members. But I know the Pixar event tickets were really expensive, and you'll probably be super busy in the morning so you can arrive early and get as much bang for your buck as possible! So I'm totally open to allowing proxy sign-ups, as long as people don't have a problem with it or think it would be unfair. The floor is always open for discussion. :)

21. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

Oh, if signups open in the morning then I can enter before I head down to Anaheim. :3

22. broadwaybookworm

broadwaybookworm Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Can't wait for the next round! The first one was super fun to watch.

NutMeg likes this.
  23. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I'm thrilled that so many of you seem to be enjoying the game! :D

24. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Can we sign up at like... 12:01am on Friday??? Or are we supposed to wait until a decent hour? :)

25. Xanaduhaz

Xanaduhaz Clinically Pinsane

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Do I have to wait till Friday hits America? I think I might have an unfair advantage to when Friday comes otherwise being in England haha

Super looking forward to it again. Who knew Disney bingo would be so exciting!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk