DPF Bingo - Round #3 starting soon!

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by NutMeg, Apr 29, 2018.

?

Which movie(s) do you want added to the game? Select up to 3...

Poll closed Jul 25, 2018.
  1. Fantasia

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Bedknobs and Broomsticks

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. An Extremely Goofy Movie

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Return to Never Land

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. Home on the Range

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Chicken Little

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  10. Enchanted

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NutMeg

NutMeg The Nefarious N.M.G.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Don't you love it when a pun is right there in the name? (And literally every name in the film - obviously one of my favorites! ;))

Plumette from Beauty and the Beast!

[​IMG]

(I love her saucy human form! xD)

Félicitations to @watzshakinbacon for scoring a Mickey Head! Stay tuned for more drawings later today! And as always, be sure to monitor the Bingo Cards at the top of the thread so you can keep track of everyone's progress!

CHARACTERS NEEDED FOR BINGOS!:
    The Witch
    from Brave *OR* Basil from The Great Mouse Detective *OR* Mochi from Big Hero 6 (@MerlinEmrys)
    Dumbo from Dumbo (@watzshakinbacon)
    Mittens from Bolt (@LittleBird)
    Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty (@Ksnuggles)
    Sultan from Beauty and the Beast (@timeerkat)
    Aquata from The Little Mermaid (@AshleyV)
    Captain Amelia from Treasure Planet (@pretty Omi)
    Basil from The Great Mouse Detective (@teddy_ruxpin)

khossler and MerlinEmrys like this.
  2. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    143   0   0

You? Loving saucy girls?

[​IMG]

NutMeg and MerlinEmrys like this.
  3. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

Aw, wrong obscure BatB character! ;)

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  4. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Awwww yissss!! You go, plumette!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  5. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

LOL. I'm just full of surprises.

[​IMG]

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  6. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Sorry folks, this momentous drawing popped up last night, which required me to spend extra time working on a whole write-up! Why, you ask?

Because we finally have a winning character!!!

Who can it be?!

To quote 2 of our players:

[​IMG]

THAT'S RIGHT!

[​IMG]

Congrats to @MerlinEmrys & @teddy_ruxpin for being our first ever BINGO CHAMPS!!!

You ALL put up such a valiant effort, so I'm super pleased that we can spread the love and actually award wins to more than one player! You will both be receiving your prizes in the mail within the next couple of weeks - as soon as my newly purchased button making kit arrives! ;)

The other players who chose Basil have still received Mickey Heads on their Bingo cards, so that everyone can end the round with a completed card to commemorate their participation in this historic event. :p Feel free to save yours, but I will definitely be hanging onto them as well, so you can always request yours from me at any time in the future if you so wish.

I want to thank you all SO much for participating in my new little game!!! I certainly had a lot of fun, and I hope you did too! I was so thrilled with the level of enthusiasm that many of you expressed, and I really hope most of you will be able to join me again for Round #2! Sign-ups will begin in a few days, but before that, I'd love to have a little post-game discussion. I'm particularly interested in hearing about what strategies (if any) players employed to select their characters. When I first received your lists, many of you noted to me how much careful thought you put into your choices. I'm curious to hear what these thought processes were, and if you think you'll be adjusting your selection methods for the next round. Do you believe there's even any strategy involved in the game, or is it all just pure luck? (Obviously the drawings are up to chance, but I personally feel there are some minor factors that seem to influence players' outcomes...)

I also would like to get a general consensus of how you all feel about one of the more nit-picky issues that has arisen, regarding the eligibility/classification of certain characters that could potentially qualify as having multiple "forms." For example, as Merlin previously posed, should Hercules and Baby Hercules be counted as two separate characters? And if so, how should we award Mickey Heads if one is drawn, but both versions were selected by different players? Personally, I'd like to have as many characters as possible available for future rounds, and I also really want there to be a "Disney Trivia" element to the game - encouraging players to think up alternative "forms" would definitely inspire creativity! For instance, although the Beast has already been drawn, perhaps someone will select Prince Adam for a future round...? (No more suggestions from me, though! I also feel that keeping "The List" secret adds to the trivia aspect, and makes the game more fun and surprising. ;)) However, I can see this becoming a heated issue - some people might make a stink over split hairs and feel ripped off if they don't get a MH because they chose a different form than the one drawn. Conversely, others might feel ripped off if the form they chose *is* called, but other players still get credit for it when they chose the other version.

I would like to hear your opinions on this issue, and since I want everyone to enjoy the game as much as possible (with as little conflict as possible), the majority opinion is what I will go with. It will be added to the official rules, and people will just have to respect that decision if they want to play. I may create a poll if there's a divisive response, so that we can get an accurate number of votes. So please keep an eye on the thread in case that happens. :)

I think that's all for now! Like I said, sign-ups for Round #2 will begin shortly, once we've finished chatting and have refined the rules a bit. Since spots were claimed so quickly in the first round, I will announce the official start date for sign-ups a couple of days in advance, so that anyone who wants to play knows when to pounce! Those currently on the Wait List will have priority access; I will PM you to alert you that the round is about to start, and you'll have 2 days to claim your spot before sign-ups are opened to everyone.

Sign-ups are currently closed, so for the time being, please don't comment to claim a spot.

Again, thank you so much to everyone who played - I can't wait to get back to the game and award more Bingos!!! :D

7. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    143   0   0

YAY!! Congrats to the winners! And thank you, @NutMeg, for an awesomely fun game (and so easy!). I will definitely be keeping a copy of my beautiful card.

NutMeg likes this.
  8. Xanaduhaz

Xanaduhaz Clinically Pinsane

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

A massive congratulations to the winners. Can't believe how much fun that was, I really looked forward to the drawings to see what characters came up. So many amazing characters were chosen making me go, why didn't I pick that character!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

NutMeg likes this.
  9. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    460   0   0

My my, what's all the hubbub...

[​IMG]

AAAAAAHHHHH!! HOW VERY EXCITING! :D thanks so much, and congrats as well to Sabrina for winning!! :D

And Uber shout out to NutMeg for an incredible game!! This was so awesome! Can't wait to cheer everyone on for the next round!!!!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

10. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Congrats, all! But mostly a big thank you to Nutmeg, this was so much fun! I'll definitely be back for future rounds if/when spaces open up again. :D (I'll be back to share my feedback on the game a little later.)

NutMeg likes this.
  11. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Def a fun and easy game (at least for us players!) haha thanks for putting in all that time and effort.

Do you want feedback via PM or just as a comment?

12. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

Congrats to the winners! Now to compile my list of characters from the next round! ;)

13. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    348   0   0

Congrats to the winners! Thank you Nutmeg for such a fun game!!

NutMeg likes this.
  14. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Congrats to the winners! And great job @NutMeg!

In regard to your versions question, personally I think they should be different characters/picks. Especially when you think of things like the Evil Queen vs Old Hag, etc.

NutMeg likes this.
  15. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Congrats on a fun game. I didn't play but enjoyed it just as much if I had.

NutMeg likes this.
  16. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Congrats to the bingo winners! Thank you for the chance to participate!

NutMeg likes this.
  17. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    460   0   0

Knee-jerk response on different forms.

I think if the character's name changes, then it should count as separate characters.

Eg: Evil Queen v. Hag / Ping v. Mulan

And if their name doesn't change, but just gets an adjective, then no they should count as the same character.

Eg: Baby Herc v. Adult Herc / Jafar v. Genie Jafar

To that end, if two people have Hag and EQ, I think only the character drawn should get the MH, not both. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    NutMeg and pretty Omi like this.
  18. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

Woohoo! Congratulations, Sabrina and CJ!!!

As for your questions...

I wasn’t too picky choosing characters; it only took me a little while. I did try to limit myself to one character per movie (Dormouse from Alice, Mim from SITS, Alan-a-Dale from RH)... with the exception of Peter Pan, which would have been impossible for me.

I also tried to stretch my imagination to include a few characters I’ve always appreciated that I thought might be overlooked by other players, like Eilonwy and Jim Hawkins. I should note that when the game started being played and when I looked at other people’s cards, I realized how many of my “favorites” I had completely forgotten about when making my list!

As for your other question, I personally think a character in all their forms should count as just one. For instance, Yzma/Cat Yzma, Herc/Young Herc, Beast/Adam, Mim/Dragon, Mulan/Ping... Whether you age, level up, transform, or change your name or your clothes... You’re still the same character. I just think it gets too confusing when you allow different “versions” of one character to be listed separately. Like, where does it end?

But that’s just my two cents, and I certainly won’t be upset whichever way you want to play it! This is your game, after all.

One thing that might be nice is clarification on which groups of characters get counted all together and which are separate... I think you said if they’re given different names in the movie they’re separated - so like, Ariel’s sisters are separate but not the Lost Boys or Muses... Maybe you could make a note of that in the main post before round 2? Just so people don’t get confused like I did making their cards. :) But again, totally your choice.

Really enjoyed the game - Looking forward to choosing who is on my second card!!!

Thank you for all the fun.

NutMeg and teddy_ruxpin like this.
  19. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Congrats to you both! It was a lot of fun coming here and checking out the awesome posts and chattering away. I will definitely be putting more thought into my picks, as I had all my characters of one movie in a row, which certainly isn't helpful! And perhaps too many from one movie in the first place. I agree with Merlin on the whole double character thing - that way makes the most sense.

Thanks again for a great game! I'll be back! Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

NutMeg and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  20. Ventchick

Ventchick The DPF Ventriloquist

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I echo this logic.

21. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0

I like Merlin's logic. If their name changes they're 2 characters, if you just add an adjective (like old/young) then they're the same.

22. raikipins

raikipins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Congrats to the winners, and thanks, @NutMeg, for such a fun game! I can't wait for Round 2~

NutMeg likes this.
  23. teddy_ruxpin

teddy_ruxpin Well-Known Member

Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0

YAY! Wow I can't believe i won! Well done to MerlinEmrys too. Thank you for such a fantastic game NutMeg! I really enjoyed it.

NutMeg, PixiePost and MerlinEmrys like this.
  24. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

I mostly agree with this.

I think it should count as the same character if:

~ it is the same character at a different age (puppy Bolt versus adult Bolt, kid Carl versus adult Carl versus elderly Carl, etc.)
    ~ the character is simply wearing a disguise but keeps their same name or just doesn't assume a new one (Jafar as the old prisoner, Robin Hood as a stork)
    ~ the character changes their own form as part of their own magical abilities (Pain and Panic as the kids, Genie in all his transformations)

I think it should count as different characters if:

~ they assume a new identity/name (Mulan versus Ping)
    ~ they are changed into a different form/being through outside magic or other forces (Jafar versus Genie Jafar, Evil Queen versus Old Hag)

25. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Put me in the same camp as what's been said. Hercules and Baby Hercules, shouldn't count as different characters. Old Hag vs Queen, or Ursula vs Vanessa are two different characters tho, and the stamp should only count for the one who is drawn.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    MerlinEmrys likes this.