DPF Disney Derby

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by Goofy_Moe, May 5, 2014.

1. always_enchanted

always_enchanted Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Well that only took me 20 min to figure out and it wasn't even with my phone. Oh well, congratulations to the people who are more tech savvy than me. Between now and the next bonus round I'm going to figure how to post from my phone. And I'm going to think of some games.

2. always_enchanted

always_enchanted Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

It's and Android, thanks, I'm so excited!

3. Goofy_Moe

Goofy_Moe Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

I am soo going to figure out more drawing bonuses... You guys are all great artist... The Koda within minutes... The cute red nose to identify Dale vs Chip...lol... Horsace Horsecollar is just plain crazy awesome as well as the Briar Rabbit blows me away!!! Please post more... Bonus pin prizes for my personal favorites...!!!

4. Snowie

Snowie Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Just because you requested a drawing...... I'm making one right now~ :) (Although I know that by now it's long past the time I am able to get a bonus in my movements on the board)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Snowie

Snowie Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Not sure if it looks like her, but I kinda changed her dress up a bit (Although I do sympathize her- she IS still one of my favorite disney princesses after all)~ Hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying this game (which is to say, a lot! ;) ).
    [​IMG][​IMG]

(This is also known as the moment when Ariel was being her headstrong self... Again.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  6. Catandaguin

Catandaguin Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

It's hard to make a good drawing really fast and post the pic of it before someone else does! That's why I missed out on that one :lol:

7. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

1. I love the bonus games!
    2. This game can be pretty confusing at times
    3. Quality of prizes
    4. Best times: 11:00 am GMT+1 (5:00 am EST; 10:00 am GMT; 2:00 am PST), and 7:00 pm GMT+1 (1:00 pm EST; 6:00 pm GMT; 10:00 am PST)
    Best Days: Any
    5. Nah, I don't mind the wait :)

8. frozenlanterns

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

HWAAAA!

School must end soon! :lol:

9. HandA

HandA Active Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

If I had to choose a bonus to be asleep for ... this would've been the one! :bigthumb: Good stuff, guys.

10. frozenlanterns

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I'm sorry for the sideways pictures :/

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Jiminy Cricket spots an Elsa pin!

(I'm sorry, but you were the next winning jockey that I spotted!)

11. vans4bkah

vans4bkah Active Member

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

1. Definitely. Love the interactive game.
    2. Possibly. Besides my place on the board, I am not exactly sure if it is good or bad and how it relates to others.
    3. Quality. Maybe some small prize for the best at each bonus round. That would probably get to expensive though.
    4. After 4PM PST/PDT
    5. Not really. You have a great imagination.

12. vans4bkah

vans4bkah Active Member

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Nice drawing. I hope you are outside the top three, for my sake. Ha Ha. I definitely struggle on these art projects. I have no drawing skill at all.

13. Booger1964

Booger1964 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    305   0   0

To answer your questions:

Do you like having input in the games as you do in these bonus rounds? Definitely!
    Is this type of game format too confusing or too long? Sometimes a bit confusing, but no, not too long.
    What is more important to you - quantity of pins or quality of pins? Doesn't matter, it's just fun to play.
    When is the best time/days for you to play where involvement is needed? Weekday evenings after work.
    Is the paceof this game too slow because of all the things to keep track of? I don't think so.

14. jadeites-lady

jadeites-lady Bookworm Belle

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I remember that scavenger hunt, it was fun! But oh that fog!!!

15. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    377   0   1

Do you like having input in the games as you do in these bonus rounds? Definitely!
    Is this type of game format too confusing or too long? I don't understand the game :lol: but I do like the bonus rounds very much and no not too long :)
    What is more important to you - quantity of pins or quality of pins? Doesn't matter, it's just fun to play.
    When is the best time/days for you to play where involvement is needed? For me it's sometimes a bit difficult to play because of the time difference and I have to stay in my bed so not many bonusses for me lol but I am always visiting DPF after 8:30 PM my time :)
    Is the paceof this game too slow because of all the things to keep track of? I don't think so.

16. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Where am I?

17. Mr. Anagram

Mr. Anagram Pin Trading Stress Disorder

0   0   0

1. I have an incredible amount of stuff going on every day. These last three days have been filled with: building a swingset, refurbishing 2 dressers, reorganizing our living room, detailing a car to put on Craigslist, 4 doctors appointments, son having stomach flu, and cutting down 2 hedges with a handsaw. My participation on a daily basis happens while the kids are going to sleep. There is no way I can keep up with the people here when challenges pop up. I mean, I missed the Vegas challenge and I LIVE in Vegas.
    I will say that in future games, and I'm speaking on behalf of a massive minority; no pictures-of-your-pin-collection challenges. I'm new to collecting and I have 20-something scrappers as a collection--half of them are my sons Duffy pins. There's no way I can participate even if I wanted to and had time for. And yes, I understand the absurdity of me saying this on a pin collecting forum.
    I like that there was a mini-Vegas-scavenger hunt and a drawing challenge. That was neat to see.
    I just can't participate in the bonus rounds because I have WAY too much going on during the day.

2. This type of game is really detailed, but I don't think the game is confusing. Just a lot of bean counting on the spaces to find out exactly where you are at.
    The bonus spaces near It's A Small World might get screwy.
    Although it's a bit daunting figuring out where others are at other than a few of them in REALLY high places.
    I also say this knowing I'm on the purple track, so placement is easy right now? Yellow is good, red is FUBAR. I think the map is all right, I have a general WAG as to where I am and a few others are. The amount of detail that game has is pretty wild. I know asking for a corporeal map of where all the players are is asking a bit much. Maybe color coat the players current standing position on that Excel sheet on, I think, post 3.

3. Prizes? I'm just here for participation. If I happen to stumble onto anything, then yay! No expectations.

4. Best time? Oh boy. I know I haven't been a part of the bonus games and throwing my two seems almost like someone who doesn't vote complaining about the president; but there really isn't a best time for me.
    I think the best games are the ones where you read the criteria, let it stew for a while, then come up with something in a day or two, and you submit something by a deadline. your games are incredibly faster paced than other forum games I have ever played.

5. Slow? Not really, I have a way of figuring out where I'm at. If anything, the pop up bonuses make the game a bit more frenetic than I'd like it to. Then again, this game calls for for it, otherwise, people would lose interest in the random placements. Faster games can get away with the randomization alone like the Battleship game.
    I'm going to say now that there will be pages FLOODED with 'where am I?!' when players are getting close to the end.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  18. always_enchanted

always_enchanted Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

If you look for your name on the spreadsheet to find out what spot your horse is in and then look at the map it is much easier to find out where you are.

19. always_enchanted

always_enchanted Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I don't know how to respond to this without sounding rude and I apologize now if it comes off that way, I'm no better than anyone else and I am not trying to pass any judgement, but some of the responses come off a bit nit-picky. We all have stuff going on that no time is a good time, heck I have insomnia and sleep apnea, so I'm up all night and asleep all day, which is definitely not good for playing this game, but I don't expect the game to revolve around my schedule, and I suppose there are a lot of people who just can't be on all of them time to answer the bonus questions.

I also don't see how any one of the bonus questions, including the pin pictures is more or less fair depending on the amount of pins you have. I'm sure there are people with tons of pins but not a single doctor pin and people with just a few pins who happen to have a doctor pin, or what if the jockey you chose doesn't have any pins. While I some of us might have a better selection of pins than others, and I am very sorry that you have so many scrappers, I suck at Disney trivia compared to the people on here, but such is life, we all have advantages and disadvantages over one another.

Again, I am not meaning to cause any drama or sound rude, just my opinion that no game is going to be able to cater to each person's needs.

On another note I would be happy to send you a pin or two for your/your son's collection that I may have from your wants. Do you have a pinpics and I can see if there is anything that I can help you with?

20. StitchTrader

StitchTrader Member

Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0

1 - Not really important to me!
    2 - I love the format, I can log on and see the game progressing throughout the day. Best game idea I've seen yet!
    3 - Prizes don't really matter to me.
    4 - I mentioned this above in response #2
    5 - No way! Pace is fine

Comments:
    I was very excited for this game. Even set an alarm to work out and have breakfast in and coffee in prior to the first round. Once it started I quickly noticed that the game format would be long! So I could do other things. I added tapatalk to my iPhone and added a notification alert on this thread. The idea of taking a picture of a bird, or finding a pin that starts or ends with '22'...fantastic! Love all the bonus games. I have read the entire thread just trying to see what ideas you have had for the bonus games. So fun!

Keep it up please. I will continue to play in the games!

21. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Any rounds for today?

22. Goofy_Moe

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

Hidden Pin Prizes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please post selection on today's Hidden Pin Thread...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  23. Goofy_Moe

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

Round 7 results are in...

[TABLE="width: 48"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"]Round 7 Results of Randomizer[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]1. YELLOW[/TD]