• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF's First Pin Giveaway of the New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF's First Pin Giveaway of the New Year!

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
We hope everyone had a good time celebrating the start of 2011. A new year brings new opportunities and, here at Disney Pin Forum, a new giveaway! So with that, DPF is proud to announce:

lostparents.gif

Up for grabs is the highly sought after Lost Parents pin! (Pin Pics #2764) The pin features George and Mary Darling, parents of Wendy, John, and Michael from Peter Pan. The pin is a replica of the Lost Parents sign found outside Disneyland's City Hall.

What do you have to win it? Well, with a new year comes new year's resolutions. We want you to share what your new year's pin resolutions are. Maybe you want to resolve to actively trade more? Respond to all trade requests? Buy less pins? Buy more pins? Anything you think you can do to make yourself a better Disney pin trader and/or collector. Post at least one of your new year's pin resolutions in this thread to enter. It will be fun to see everyone's replies and maybe those replies will give you some ideas of your own. :)

Also, as in our previous contests, you need a minimum post count of 25 by the time the entry period ends, after which we will be randomly selecting one (1) winner. The winner will receive one (1) Lost Parents pin. This contest ends 11:59 PM PST January 8, 2011. Got all that? Here's a breakdown on how to enter:

The Rules

• Each contestant must post in this thread at least one New Year's pin resolution.
  • Each contestant must have a minimum total post count of 25 by the end of the entry period.
  • Disney Pin Forum staff members are not eligible for this contest.
That's it! Simple, eh? Remember, only one entry per person. One (1) winner will be randomly selected from a list of all qualifying contestants and will be announced January 10, 2011. That lucky one could be you!

Remember, along with your New Year's pin resolution, you need a minimum overall post count of 25 by the time the contest period ends. Those posts could be in different threads or they could even be all in this thread! List the alphabet, count to 25, we just want you posting! But while you're at it, why don't you engage in other threads other members have started or even start your own! ;)

These rules are, of course, subject to change, but we're pretty sure we've covered everything.

We look forward to everyone sharing their 2011 pin resolutions. Thanks for participating, good luck, and happy new year!

I'm not eligible for the contest of course, but just thought I'd share :)

My resolution is to take advantage of my annual pass more often and trade more at the parks on Sundays! Trading is always more exciting in-person right?

Last edited:
My new years pin resolution is to not too allow the opinions of others on how valuable a pin is affect the way I view a pin. This year I will trade for me and myself and go back to having fun with this hobby and forget about money value. =]

Count me in! :bigthumb:

New Year's Resolution: to definitely spend more time trading and spend (a little) less money on pins! And, of course, continue to make more friends here on DPF! :D

Yay! My New Year Pin Resolution is to create more frames and boards with my princess pins. :)

Oh and here are some other ones:

-Make some new pin trading friends.
-Become a completist with TANGLED pins.
-Invest a little more into traders.

Last edited:
my new years resolution has already failed
it was to not buy pins that weren't for my personal collection. It lasted a little over 1 day.

:x:My New Years Resolution: well I have alot, but I would like to get 50 Ariel pins, 50 Belle pins, and any monsters Inc. Pins I can find! Trade first... buy second and always make sure they are real! I think I can do that over 100 pins in 365 days! YES!!! I CAN!!!! :) OH OH! I thought of another one! I WILL help fellow pin traders find what they are looking for, it always works better if we have more than one set of eyes looking for a pin! :)

Last edited:
Oh wow, so i joined this forum around a month ago, and i just read about the give away, and i am just so happy to know how there is people out there that really want to take the pin trading experience to the next level. i think this is awesome, and well i am not doing it so much for the pin but because this post about the contest being held that i just read was like the break through, i see how people really post good and fun stuff in here, now instead of going to check my facebook whenever i can, i will be checking this just to see what is up in the pin world. well just wanted to thanks to all the people that even though i am not in Disney right now, makes days magical just like back at disney. Hope u guys keep up the magic and wish you all a great magical day and again, thank you to the creators of this website and to the people to bring it to life by participating in it. you guys have a wonderful day. :)

New Years Resolution: Mmmmm, well continue growing my and my babe's collection, we just started trading around 5 months but been going to every possible big event that we can like the 101010 and trading nights, and already registered for love is magical. we got around 800 to 1000 pins already, well at least i do. So my resolution is to keep it magic in the pin trading and grow my collection of simba and eeyore. happy new years to all and good luck. :)

My new year's pin resolution goes along with some of my other New Year's resolutions. It's to not exceed my alloted budget for pin collecting/trading.

Have to say my Pin-solution would have to be to try and trade for my wants more rather than buying them all.

oh and my other one is to win a darn competition XD

Hmmm.... New Year's Pin Resolution...

Ok, I think I want to make a pin buying plan. I am so sporadic and sometimes too hasty in what pins I buy, and how much I spend. I want to make a chart or something that gives me a budget for this year on what I can spend each month.

Also, I want to make more trades that help the other person and don't just add to my collection. Pin trading is about fun and community. I have found that here, and I want to make sure that I add to that community in every trade, posting, sale, or conversation. :)

Happy 2011!!!

:lol:I would like to make more pin friends.

Control spending on pins. :lol: :anxious: :lol: This one in hilarious... But we will see how well I do :)

You know I want in! I want one of those Green Ribbons...lol

My New Years Pin Resolution's are many. One is to share the magic with even more non pin collectors and get them started on a great hobby. (I like to give away pins to non collectors who are interested and you know they will want more...lol)
My second is to try to get more pins for Lizzie this Year as last year max got about 250 & Lizzie got about 75. (Dalmatians are way harder to get than Star Wars & Vinylmations)
And third is to make more great friends and trade with newbies.

Good Luck Everyone.

Last edited:
My New Year's pin resolution is to educate myself on pin values (and not just pins I'm looking to collect). I also want to get myself out of debt so I can buy my wants or highly wanted traders.

I am going to try to get Disneyland to hire DisneyDan and myself for a pin related comedy relief promotion.

Originally posted by CMTeetsa
I want to work up the nerve to be one of the traders with my book in the park

Do it! It is so much fun and you get to meet tons of people. I fell just fell into it one day. Haven't been in awhile though. I miss it. Will go back really soon though! Hope to see you there! :)

My New Year's Pin Resolution is to actually make it to a trading event. I keep arranging to go but never quite making it but this year I am determined. So far I'm planning to go to Mousemeets in the UK and the September event in WDW.

My New Year's pin resolution is to try and get rid of a lot of pins that are not part of my actual collection. I own over 600 pins, and only around 200 of them are pins I collect. The other 400+ are just pins/characters/themes that I like, which I find very frustrating at times. So yes, I'm going to try and do more trading, and maybe even some selling, so I can get rid of a lot of these non-collection pins.

Well, my pin resolutions would have to be to decide and stick to a character to collect, or maybe two.. ;) Alice and Princess' are what I think i'm going to stick to :) & to help more people out with tracking down their hard to find wants! That's what a pin communities all about, right?! :)

We have a bugs life pin on our trades that only one person wants! i feel a bit sorry for it and its my new years resolution to trade it!!

Like Talesoftheobv, One of my pin resolutions is to collect all the Tangled pins out there :lol:

Also i'd love to build up my trade collection and actually do some trading :)

What a great competition! I have a couple of pin new years resolutions!

1) To try and narrow down my collections! At the moment i have quite a few different things i am collecting (Stitch, Peter Pan, Villains, Jiminy Cricket, Year of a Million Dreams etc) and its so difficult to try and maintain trades for each of them. I am attracted to way to many pins :p
2) I really want to meet Scoop Sanderson! I am heading to WDW in August, and one of my aims is to meet him in person, which i havnt yet managed to do over by 9 trips :(
3) One of my friends that lives in California regularly visits Disneyland, and gives pins away to children.....one of my aims is to follow in her footsteps whilst in WDW, and spread some magic by giving a way a few pins to children, or even adults, that need a bit of cheering up!
4) My last main pin resolution is to try and work out how to display my collection.....i have two pin bags that i keep my pins in, and i look through them regularly, but i would love to find a way to display them where i can see them all the time. The thing is, i dont really have any room on my walls (or the skill!) for frames, and i tried the cork board route, but i dont think thats for me. :( So any suggestions are welcome! I shall be visiting the gallery forum on here regularly to see what others do!

Good luck everyone...looking forward to reading everyones resolutions! :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back