• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF's First Pin Giveaway of the New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF's First Pin Giveaway of the New Year!
My pin resolutions are:

1. Frame more of my pins. I actually, started this yesterday, by framing all of my non-Holiday DCL pins. I have 2 office boxes full of frames that I have found at garage sales and thrift shops over the last couple of years, and I want to empty those boxes.

2. Complete more of my sets. I started that in 2010, and knocked off about 2 dozen wants. Most of them were purchases, I would like to trade more, but that age old problem of matching up trades & wants.

3. I've been thinking about seeing if there is interest in a DPF community project. Specifically, identifying the differences between the real and fake Hidden Mickey/Cast Lanyard pins. I drive myself crazy trying to figure out authenticity when I only have one pin to look at. But it seems like when I have an opportunity to see the real and fake side-by-side, the differences are actually quite apparent. So it seems like the best solution is to draw on the power of the community. So if there is interest, I'd like to get that started.

My New Year's pin resolution is to get rid of what I no longer "NEED." Attachment to shiny metal has become too much.

My new years pin resolution would be to get more involved with this forum. I'm new to pin traiding and I can tell that this is a great community that welcomes you with open arms. Also, I would like to keep increasing my pin collection along with my babes collection. I would like to keep the magic going by continue to pin traiding together for a very very long time. And go to as many event as possible together.

My NYR (New Years Resolution) is to get my collection and extras separated from each other as well a getting everything consolidated into one area of the house

My resolution is to get as many DA Stitches as I can this year! :stitch: I have been collecting DA Stitch for years but hit a dry spell and at the current rate I will never get them all. So, 2011 is the big push on Experiment 626! :stitch:

Well I can not even start my New Year resolution yet. I stopped trading online yrs ago cause I felt there was no need to. I lived next door to DL and went there to trade at events or just in the park. Now I live in WA and I need to trade. But the new house is in the middle of the last big up grade..... Wood flooring.... But I am a step closer cause I have found my BIG Black box with my traders. I know where it is but can't get to them :( So hopefully by feb I will be online looking for trades. Heres hoping

My resolution is to do something nice for Patty at the DSF. She's largely responsible for the DSF pin designs, and she's always incredibly patient and helpful with customers. She's gone out of her way a couple times to help me as a new pin trader, and without her, the DSF pin offerings probably wouldn't be nearly as great as they frequently are. Considering there's a Sephora right across the street, I should really pop in there and grab her a gift card on my next trip.

-JD

Thank you DPF for another way to get the pin community more connected! My resolution is to lose weight! Oh, you mean "pin resolution!" As always, it is a test of wills to purchase less and trade more. And I hope in the process of trading, to make a friend, educate those who are new, and to always enjoy the social aspect of trading.

My Pin Resolution is to buy more pins! :) Seriously.
& I would very much like to obtain one of the impossible Alice pins on my wants list.

P.S. This Lost Parents pin is on my wants list! If I don't get it, I hope someone can trade me! :cheshire:

My New Year's pin resolution is to learn a little more about trading and buy more pins to trade with.

Last edited:
I am hoping to trade more and buy less, by actively engaging in more trades online, attending more trade events as well as getting more trade events together.

I am also going to try an be a little faster at responding and getting back to people. I tend to get busy and my brain strays.....

My pin resolution this year is to make at least 2 trades a month. And with DPF's help I'm sure I can do that!

*fingers crossed that I win this pin*
I realllllllly hope I win as this is my TOP HOLY GRAIL!!!!

My New Year pin resolution is to get to Disneyland more often for pin trading. I have not been to a pin trading night in over a year and really miss seeing and talking to all the pin traders. Of course making some great trades would be fun too, but any trading makes me smile.

My pin resolutions are to leave more feedback, respond more quickly (and to EVERY email), keep pinpics traders up to date, and reduce spending! (Now I KNOW I need a fairy godmother!) :)

I am just returning from WDW tonight with yet another haul of pins and vinylmation. My resolution is to finish my Disney Room where my collection is stored. Currently the pins are all over the floor and in piles. I have had some custom metal Mickey and Minnie heads that need to be hung and some pin board displays that I am still working on. I need to concentrate on completeing them so I can enjoy my collection more!!!!

I have several new years resolutions with my pins:

*Thin down my traders even if it means selling them versus trading.
*Use the money from selling traders to purchase (if necessary) the last few pins I need to complete the Princess and the Frog collection for my DD
*Finally go to one of the tables at Epcot and actually try trading that way. I've always just lanyard traded with CM's so this is a big step out of my comfort zone, but I want to try it.
*Finally go to a pin event

Get Pin 80404: DisneyStore.com - Villains Boys Club Set - Dr. Facilier Only by the end of this year.

Increase collection size by at least 50%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back