• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Brave Release June 22, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Brave Release June 22, 2012

nuwintrader5654

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Anyone know what time people are going to start lining up...? I really hope its not insanely early I would love for people just to show up at 6 am. I am fine with that but I doubt that's going to happen :(

I'm guessing overnight and will be full sometime in the late evening. Too many people have said it's overnight for it not to be full overnight. Also all the presales that have happened, those sellers are going to make sure they get their profit and show up early enough to guarantee themselves the sets they sold.

All I know is it's going to be a fun night just like every camp out night for pins... I'll go on a limb and say Amy if you can make it by your said time, you'll be able to get your sets. Of course there's only one way to be for sure and that's to go earlier. ;)

awe come on people, dont califonians work!?!?! ugggg i am gonna be in LA and am soooo happy that for one time in my life i can go to a DSF release, but how the heck am i camping out? I dont live there, all i'll have is the blanket and pillow i can steal from the hotel, not to mention i dont think ill sleep out alone....ok just venting. THIS ISNT GREATFUL DEAD TICKETS

You Californians are hardcore. :)

Although if WDW was that competitive for sought-after pins I would probably be camping out as well! LOL

awe come on people, dont califonians work!?!?! ugggg i am gonna be in LA and am soooo happy that for one time in my life i can go to a DSF release, but how the heck am i camping out? I dont live there, all i'll have is the blanket and pillow i can steal from the hotel, not to mention i dont think ill sleep out alone....ok just venting. THIS ISNT GREATFUL DEAD TICKETS

Come on out. You will not be alone! There will be TONS of DPF'ers and other friendly traders. No need to worry, we'll take care of you. I am bringing a friend and we only have 2 fold up chairs or I'd offer you one of mine. Maybe I can get another. I will bring a sleeping bag, we have 2 but not sure where the other is. Thursday night will be a low of 60, so not as cold as the Up overnight or Hinged Books overnight. Up was in the upper 40's I think in middle of the night. I'm hoping to get there between 6 and 6:30pm. Wait around for a few hours to solidify my spot in line and then grab some dinner somewhere. Play some poker or card games through the night, maybe sleep. Get breakfast around 6:30 or 7am and put everything back in the car.

We're so hard core that one time about 300 of us camped out in a heavy rain waiting for the release of some umbrellas

Terrible joke

dawny +1, ha!

Well, time will tell. I'm sure there are a good handful of people who will get there at 5, 6, 9 PM...but not 150 people. I can't go that early, so if I can't go around 1 then I am outta luck I guess.

Come on out. You will not be alone! There will be TONS of DPF'ers and other friendly traders. No need to worry, we'll take care of you. I am bringing a friend and we only have 2 fold up chairs or I'd offer you one of mine. Maybe I can get another. I will bring a sleeping bag, we have 2 but not sure where the other is. Thursday night will be a low of 60, so not as cold as the Up overnight or Hinged Books overnight. Up was in the upper 40's I think in middle of the night. I'm hoping to get there between 6 and 6:30pm. Wait around for a few hours to solidify my spot in line and then grab some dinner somewhere. Play some poker or card games through the night, maybe sleep. Get breakfast around 6:30 or 7am and put everything back in the car.

Don't forget to bring a cup to pee in? Or are there restrooms open at midnight/1 am?

not because it will be crazy, but because of train times. My hubby will be there way early in the day Thursday. We only have one car and I need it to care for the kids. He gets to train/bus it.

I dont want to freak anyone out, so I am not making any predictors on sell out times for Brave. :)

Yeh where does one PEE? Thanks markheardjr i could use a friend. Catburger has been sweet also to help me alittle. I must say its another new pin experience, so im nervous. New place, town, people,etc.....but i'm in. I will admit i will hold off as long as possible to line up. So once i lay down my blanket, hopefully next to one of you so if i need to go get coffee or to pee in my coffee cup someone i know can watch my place and traders....first times are always nerve racking, and i should embrace it cause at 44 i have a feeling i dont have alot of virgin moments left! LMAO

I am not too familiar with the area and have only been to DSF once. From what I remember, the parking structure costs money on a hourly basis. Where do you guys park if camping out overnight?

eeyoree said:
I am not too familiar with the area and have only been to DSF once. From what I remember, the parking structure costs money on a hourly basis. Where do you guys park if camping out overnight?

They do charge per hour, but it's a max of $10 per day. That's where I usually park. :)

This will be my first real all nighter. I've done the 4am, but not the 6pm or 7pm. That's when I'm planning on going.

I'll bring an air mattress and a sleeping bag. I'll make sure to being snacks and a big jug of water. :)

There is a downstairs bathroom under dsf that we are allowed to use. So bathroom shouldn't be a problem. :)

I'm excited to hang out with everyone! And I'm bringing game of thrones to read, which should last me since it's 700 pages long. :)

See you all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back