• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Brave Release June 22, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Brave Release June 22, 2012
bombardon3 said:
Do you think there will be enough room for me to set up Settlers of Catan? ;)

Omg omg omg!!! I'll bring my expansion packs!!!! I have Seafarers and Cities & Knights!!! Omg best game ever. :)

yeh where does one pee? Thanks markheardjr i could use a friend. Catburger has been sweet also to help me alittle. I must say its another new pin experience, so im nervous. New place, town, people,etc.....but i'm in. I will admit i will hold off as long as possible to line up. So once i lay down my blanket, hopefully next to one of you so if i need to go get coffee or to pee in my coffee cup someone i know can watch my place and traders....first times are always nerve racking, and i should embrace it cause at 44 i have a feeling i dont have alot of virgin moments left! Lmao

lol!

dawny said:
Yeh where does one PEE? Thanks markheardjr i could use a friend. Catburger has been sweet also to help me alittle. I must say its another new pin experience, so im nervous. New place, town, people,etc.....but i'm in. I will admit i will hold off as long as possible to line up. So once i lay down my blanket, hopefully next to one of you so if i need to go get coffee or to pee in my coffee cup someone i know can watch my place and traders....first times are always nerve racking, and i should embrace it cause at 44 i have a feeling i dont have alot of virgin moments left! LMAO

Dawny it's not as barbaric as you are thinking it is. We have been to many DSF releases and everyone is kind and friendly. There are places to eat and drink all up and down the Blvd. There is a bathroom and security provided by DSF. We visit, trade, chat, play games and share anything we have. We love the fun of camping just as much as the pins we are waiting to buy. You will be fine, I promise you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Okay, so I am thinking of going to a DSF release when I'm in CA during the next few months and I'm not a huge fan of the blvd/LA in general.. could be because I am not really a local LOL. So ummm... is it actually safe to camp out? I mean, obviously nobody has had trouble (or at least I haven't heard of any!), but would you guys consider it a safe thing to do? :) Any help/info would be appreciated! ^_^

Well i went to the DSF yesterday and i spoke to the CM's there and said that they wont be letting anybody line up until 12:00 am Friday, midnight. So people trying to camp out the day before, no dice. But best believe i'll be there waiting for the doors to open. I'll take my pins also, if anybody wants to trade :)

Last edited:
Well i went to the DSF yesterday and i spoke to the CM's there and said that they wont be letting anybody line up until 12:00 am Friday, midnight. So people trying to camp out the day before, no dice. But best believe i'll be there waiting for the doors to open. I'll take my pins also, if anybody wants to trade :)

Trust me, all that means is that the "unofficial" line will start before midnight. These DSF release threads have now become self fulfilling prophecies , which annoys me to no end, because now for nearly any "good" release I'm going to have to camp out! lol

Trust me, all that means is that the "unofficial" line will start before midnight. These DSF release threads have now become self fulfilling prophecies , which annoys me to no end, because now for nearly any "good" release I'm going to have to camp out! lol

Heard that. Am showing up early.

Im really nervous about this release, I want to get there at a reasonable time but I don't know when that could be to still get my hands on some pins. To other people whohave been to DSF releases, whens the earliest they've sold out?

Omg omg omg!!! I'll bring my expansion packs!!!! I have Seafarers and Cities & Knights!!! Omg best game ever. :)

Did you guys see this? "Settler Cats" The one is asking "I've got yarn for tuna." I laughed hard! I also cried laughing when they had Settlers on Big Bang Theory and sheldon said he needed wood! ah-haha.

ebe91cca-f120-49ea-a5af-0faa704b7fa4.png

I think the reason they're not letting the line start until midnight is because the alley is where they'll start the line for the midnight showing of the movie at the El Capitan (which is what they did for the Avengers midnight showing I believe). Nonetheless, I'm sure there will be a line for the pins way way way before midnight (like mentioned above). Anyway I saw Johnny's post of a pic of the actual pins and now I just want to get them NOW!!! I love how the Pixar films get nice backing cards too!!! Ahhhh!!! :eek2:

I just checked the El Capitan Theatre website for buying tickets. They do NOT list a midnight showing for June 22nd. The website has the first showing at 10:00 AM on June 22nd.

Did you guys see this? "Settler Cats" The one is asking "I've got yarn for tuna." I laughed hard! I also cried laughing when they had Settlers on Big Bang Theory and sheldon said he needed wood! ah-haha.

ebe91cca-f120-49ea-a5af-0faa704b7fa4.png

Haha that's the episode that I went to go see get recorded, they changed that line like 10 times before they finally settled on one

Should I bring my pins to trade? I really want to be able to trade with people, but my only reservation is having a big bag of pins overnight in the alley. I'm not sure if I want that kind of money possibly getting stolen. What do you think?

snazzybowtie said:
Should I bring my pins to trade? I really want to be able to trade with people, but my only reservation is having a big bag of pins overnight in the alley. I'm not sure if I want that kind of money possibly getting stolen. What do you think?

The majority of us bring our pins. I have never had a problem. I say bring them and have a great time

Great! I will then. :)

I've seen many keeper and trader books alike at the overnights. It's cool to see so many VHTF pins in person. Usually people have them seperated so no one tries to trade for anothers keeper. The alley is pretty secure, there's 150 of us ready to throw down in defense if any rowdy club goers come by. The worst thing to happen so far is a drunk girl pee'd in the rental car parking lot and it went downhill into the pin trader alley. I've left my pins with other traders while I ran to get food or use the restroom. Yours will be fine.

you guys rock!!! i feel good, excited. I am packed and flying from the beach in NJ all the way to all of you!! I also cant wait to see THE SUN SET OVER THE OCEAN...it sounds stupid but i have seen dozens of SUNRISES over the beautiful waves but never the sunset.....another first.

traders are packed, i have my plan to hang through the night, and i have a corney litlle name tag so you all can find me and care for me!!!:angel: see ya tomorrow night folks. did i mention i am excited?

traders are packed, i have my plan to hang through the night, and i have a corney litlle name tag so you all can find me and care for me!!!:angel: see ya tomorrow night folks. did i mention i am excited?

Will be glad to meet you! Please tell me you're bringing your Incredibles pins that you have for trade!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Can't wait to meet you Dawny. See you Thursday. Don't worry we have snacks and drinks and extra blankets. We will find you when we get there and make sure you are doing ok 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back