• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a concept. If the pin traders are that mad at DSF, why don't they hit Disney/DSF where it counts...the wallet. Stop complaining, stop lining up days in advance, stop dragging kids out of school, ect. Just don't show up. Don't buy their pins. Then, the madness would stop.

Until then, this kind of behavior will continue on both sides.

Dsf has announced the line is officially closed. No one will be allowed to line up until 8 am tomorrow. The line is about 130 so 8am tomorrow 20 or so lucky pin traders will get a chance to line up.

I will be really surprised if something doesn't change after all this... I really think this release was a game changer for this wristband system. Just have a feeling.

If the line is closed, hopefully they put something on their facebook page. I feel sorry for anyone driving a long way to sneak into the last 20 to be turned away.

They keep shooting themselves in the foot... now they will have a run off for the last 20 spots tomorrow? Now it will be like the hunger games.

Great, now 100 people show up tomorrow and only 20 get it. Musical chairs... They should do a raffle for those 20 spots then. Keep changing the rules. They are like that annoying cousin that's 10 year younger than you and in the middle of the Monopoly game they keep making crap up about free parking and landing on Go, etc.

Great, now 100 people show up tomorrow and only 20 get it. Musical chairs... They should do a raffle for those 20 spots then. Keep changing the rules. They are like that annoying cousin that's 10 year younger than you and in the middle of the Monopoly game they keep making crap up about free parking and landing on Go, etc.

Great analogy... I honestly wonder if at this rate they will just hand out all 150 wristbands by tomorrow morning? You would think "no" but... given their track record of flip flopping with this release so far........

Have the ZOMBIES arrived?!!??
images-3_zpsdbd8ad6e.jpeg
No, the zombies already are at DSF, they just don't know it yet. That's going to be everyone after a multi-day campout for pins! :lol:

Dsf has announced the line is officially closed. No one will be allowed to line up until 8 am tomorrow. The line is about 130 so 8am tomorrow 20 or so lucky pin traders will get a chance to line up.
Wow, so what DSF has posted in the past about this release means nothing. I wonder how many more times they're going to change their minds before the pins actually are released?

They keep shooting themselves in the foot... now they will have a run off for the last 20 spots tomorrow? Now it will be like the hunger games.
I think the Hunger Games was more consistent with their 'rules' than the DSF has been with this release. *ugh* I'm not even at the release and I'm disgusted with the way it's being handled. I can't imagine how it must feel actually being there.

And with that, a REMINDER: please keep this thread about the DSF RELEASE (and problems associated with DSF's POLICIES). This is NOT the time or place to engage anyone about what they're doing. Everyone is stressed enough about the release, tempers are short - and will get shorter as the campout goes on and DSF (likely) makes more changes.

As of right now, the thread has calmed down and I don't have to close it ... but I'm watching it very closely. Any more problems and it WILL be closed. You have been warned.

I am confused how they can "close" a line. I am also SHOCKED that the police department and other city authorities are not getting involved...having worked for a fire department in the past I am not sure how THAT many people can be in an alley like that and it be a "safe" environment.

anybody waiting in line you are sexy....if it was an ariel release the world would stop and i would be right there. Pin trading is my RELIGION.

haha xD Are you saying that anyone that isn't in line is therefore not sexy lol xD (I had to say that).

Back on topic, I really don't know what to say right now O_O Is it true about a pin trader almost being stabbed? If so, I think that more than anything else should be DSF's cause for concern. Making anyone wait 2 days for metal is bad enough, kids is leagues worse, but someone nearly dying? My mind cannot even fathom that right now.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how they are enforcing the "nobody else is allowed in" thing? I mean, who is the say that those last 20 won't:

1) Sneak into the back
2) Sneak into the middle of the line (I expect things to get really bad if someone tries to sneak people in >_<)

I am confused how they can "close" a line. I am also SHOCKED that the police department and other city authorities are not getting involved...having worked for a fire department in the past I am not sure how THAT many people can be in an alley like that and it be a "safe" environment.

I agree with this and thought about it too ^^^^ Isn't this breaking some kind of fire/city code(s) with 120ish ppl being in that alleyway....?

haha xD Are you saying that anyone that isn't in line is therefore not sexy lol xD (I had to say that).

Back on topic, I really don't know what to say right now O_O Is it true about a pin trader almost being stabbed? If so, I think that more than anything else should be DSF's cause for concern. Making anyone wait 2 days for metal is bad enough, kids is leagues worse, but someone nearly dying? My mind cannot even fathom that right now.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how they are enforcing the "nobody else is allowed in" thing? I mean, who is the say that those last 20 won't:

1) Sneak into the back
2) Sneak into the middle of the line (I expect things to get really bad if someone tries to sneak people in >_<)

I'm pretty sure everyone in line would "sound the alarm" on anyone trying to sneak in. If I were there and I saw someone trying to cut in I would definitely call them out.

1) Sneak into the back

I'd like to know this as well. I may be a brave soul and try tomorrow morning at 8am for the last spots... but if there's no enforcement on this and/or stopping an "unofficial" line from forming I don't really see the point of going up there :( I know DSF has no control over where ppl stand outside of their store and that alley.... but with how out of hand this has gone already has DSF said anywhere what they plan to do w/ that?

Lining up for days for something is not new, it's just new for pins. People lined up for a week for black Friday, They line up for days for the newest IPhone, there are people lined up right now for a Lady Gaga concert that is Saturday (4 days they said). My young teenage niece thought the overnight thing so so much fun!!! She wants to go and do it everytime. We have just chosen not to for our own health reasons.

Lining up for days for something is not new, it's just new for pins. People lined up for a week for black Friday, They line up for days for the newest IPhone, there are people lined up right now for a Lady Gaga concert that is Saturday (4 days they said). My young teenage niece thought the overnight thing so so much fun!!! She wants to go and do it everytime. We have just chosen not to for our own health reasons.

I totally agree. I remember when a new IKEA store opened around here several years ago, they were giving a huge prize (gift certificate for a few thousand dollars) to the first person through the day on opening day. A woman (with her family helping to relieve her for potty breaks during the day) camped out for at least a week. I really thought it was insane, but that's just me LOL!....but you are right, it happens lots for other things.

While it is true people have lined up overnight and for days for many other things, I feel like the emphasis on why so many of us are shocked is because these are pins. On Black Friday, at the right store, you can save close to $1,000 if not more on all these different things that you purchase between TVs, games, phones, etc. The concert is also a once in a lifetime chance to see this specific Lady Gaga concert at this specific place, she'll never do the exact same show again and what if you wanted specific seats?? I can't really think of a good reason for the Iphone, that wait is possibly worse than the pins release because the Iphone isn't limited edition, wait a few weeks and anyone can just walk in and get one.

However, with these pins, you are waiting outside for a bunch of pins which all look the exact same and from the way things are looking, this release will only net you around $250 at best if you sold everything you got (you'd make $400 but it would cost about $150 for all the pins in the first place). I just can't see waiting outside 2 days for a pin that you'll easily be able to buy on Ebay when it first comes out, albeit an inflated price, if it means putting your kids at risk and things like that (3 and 4 year olds aren't going to have the same reaction to staying overnight for 2 days as a 12 year old that thinks it is fun lol) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back