• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13
I don't think the lottery system would eliminate campouts. It might cause fewer people to show up, but at the same time might cause some to show up even earlier. Even if no one tried to game the system, there would still be leftover pins simply from people oversleeping, changing their minds, etc. 6 people didn't show up last Saturday despite camping out in the rain for a wristband. People would start camping out for the second chance line. Add to that the fact that someone could simply make up names and register them. They'd have no way to prove you're child is actually who they say they are.

I don't think the lottery system would eliminate campouts. It might cause fewer people to show up, but at the same time might cause some to show up even earlier. Even if no one tried to game the system, there would still be leftover pins simply from people oversleeping, changing their minds, etc. 6 people didn't show up last Saturday despite camping out in the rain for a wristband. People would start camping out for the second chance line. Add to that the fact that someone could simply make up names and register them. They'd have no way to prove you're child is actually who they say they are.

Good points. How then could one create a system that defeats a large second chance line and keeps people from stuffing the proverbial ballot box with phony emails? We should all get together on this and come up with a group based solution and submit it to DSF for consideration. I think that at this point they would welcome ANYTHING over the current mess they have now.

1. Create a standby lottery. Choose the first 150, then 20-30 standby. Standby are notified via facebook after 1-150 have been through the store as to how many are still available to be claimed, say after 2PM the day of the release. Standby lottery is only necessary if there are more than 150 submissions for the standard lottery.

2. Regardless of number of submissions, people are still only allowed 1 or 2 per person per day; that would not change. Therefore, yes, people could bring their kids, but the number is still limited. And adults would still need to provide ID. Place these things in Terms And Conditions that have to be agreed to before someone can submit their email. Have it state that if a person is caught submitting more than 1 email, they will be banned from the store.

Just some ideas.

There were just two (possibly homeless) men fighting on the sidewalk and the street. We yelled at them to stop, they both left, the cops came and I explained what happened, then the guy who instigated the fight came back and was told to leave by the cops. A while before that, another guy was sitting in someones camp chair smoking, for the second time, and was kicked off property again. Oy! Plenty of excitement tonight!! =\

+1 But much more than that. I think everyone was lucky (this time) that nobody got hurt. This situation could have been so much worse than it actually was - and it sounds like it was pretty bad to begin with.

To reiterate what I said earlier, I hope this inspires DSF to change its policies before someone really ends up getting hurt and there are consequences that nobody can live with - or wants to live with.

Please please stay safe and take care of each other tonight. Remember that no piece of metal, regardless of who or what is on it, is worth your lives.

That guy and another lady (who almost everyone can recall a negative experience with her) were just instigators all night/day. They kept complaining about kids running around / having fun EVEN when they were sitting down coloring and not bothering anyone. He aggravated a guy just walking by that everyone just ignored and then had the audacity to say "What are you going to do, kick my **s?" and then got scared when the box cutter got pulled out. The rest of the people in line were civil and stuck together for the general safety of everyone.

The whole line up was actually pretty calm there is just a few number of people who like to complain any chance they can, just to be heard and the few bad apples that ruin it for everyone trying to pass the time talking about pins / random stuff.

I thought this 31 hour release was AMAZING (sarcasm) hahaha
I didn't even notice anything was going on. Wasn't the worst because it
wasn't raining :)

DSF you rock for giving out wristbands at 7!!! Lol

I thought this 31 hour release was AMAZING (sarcasm) hahaha
I didn't even notice anything was going on. Wasn't the worst because it
wasn't raining :)

DSF you rock for giving out wristbands at 7!!! Lol

Psh 75 and belower. I'm so hatin' right meow. Lol!

Hopefully DSF will have another "meeting" and discuss their protocols and procedures for giving out wristbands, because it still doesn't make sense to me that they wouldnt give them out once 75 people are lined up..why make the entire group camp out till friday morning when they couldve ended it on Thursday afternoon. Anyway, congrats to those who received their wristbands this morning. My girlfriend (cat) braved 2 nights..looks like i'll be camping out the next few months! hahaha have a great day everyone!

While some of the forum sanctioned members of the CKC were present at this release, it's clear that the group fails at its original purpose.
Despite this, I acquired the appropriate wristband to maintain at least some prestige in its name.

num1_zpsd13fbb23.jpeg

Does anyone know what the current PTD pin is. Last I heard it was Peter Pan. Thanks in advance.

I've been told not to post what goes on in line so I will no longer be updating. I sincerely apologize to anyone I may have offended, it was certainly not my intention.

While some of the forum sanctioned members of the CKC were present at this release, it's clear that the group fails at its original purpose.
Despite this, I acquired the appropriate wristband to maintain at least some prestige in its name.

Yep we were as disrespectful to those who work as it gets

Last edited:
Would it be fair to have a rule (enforced by security) that anyone who engages a homeless person gets removed from the line? I'm not proud of pin traders who say smart-*** things to mentally ill people. Make them leave, that's my suggestion.

Hopefully DSF will have another "meeting" and discuss their protocols and procedures for giving out wristbands, because it still doesn't make sense to me that they wouldnt give them out once 75 people are lined up..why make the entire group camp out till friday morning when they couldve ended it on Thursday afternoon. Anyway, congrats to those who received their wristbands this morning. My girlfriend (cat) braved 2 nights..looks like i'll be camping out the next few months! hahaha have a great day everyone!

Because as the wristbands were handed out, within the first 75, I believe that at least 6 people left. Personal reasons? Work/kids situation? Thinking they would get wristbands early? If they handed them all out for the first, many would still complain saying some would not stay and rush the line super early that they would not stay the duration. Even for the 7 PM some have left.

No one will ever be happy in whatever system they choose when that individual can't or didn't get a pin or was not easy access with minimal disruption with the buyers life.

And then possibly make the lottery 13 and up? Then have kids show school ID? Idk.

So my son who shares this hobby with me and has just as much fun collecting as me should be punished and not allowed to buy any pins because of his age?? he is just as strong a trader as I, he knows what he likes to collect, has made many friends from the forum and they all know He collects too, it is a hobby him and I share together and is a way for us to bond, he is getting his pin from waiting in line, he picked stitch, and has the abilility to help others get the pins we don't plan on getting, and you want to take this right from him!! I don't think that is right, now I would agree to the children who yet cannot decide for themselves because of thier age, but 5 I think is fair enough! he makes his own decisions and this right should not be taken from him, or any child that is old enough and chooses to have this hobby, I love that Jordan has just as much fun as I do, and we can do this together, it is a bonding hobby and he should have every right to be able to get a pin too, as any child who likes the hobby. Im tired of hearing about the age issue all the time, he has just the same right as I, he started trading when he was 2, it was really neat to see what pins he would pick out off the cast members, mabey he picked it up from watching me trading, since he was a baby, but however he picked it up, it was never forced upon him, he obviously liked it and I enjoy sharing this hobby with him, stop trying to take that right from us and others out there like us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back