• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13
WOW, after reading all of these posts, i give credit to everyone waiting for the pin release..Stay warm and be safe!..and be Pin Happy! :hsd:

Phsyco pixie we need your ice cream!! Plus Jordan is having a great time! Hes made a wonderful trade with gis and is having a blast with marissa, he loves everyone, team pin a colada, yay wonderful couple, finally jordan grew tired and is all warm and bundled up, right next to his mama. For breakfast were having cereal bars oranges and juice. Everyone is well protected in this wondeful 100+ mob of fabilous traders I just met echo harmony and saw couple of dorks (lots of love to you both) we played disney music trivia.

I hope we get the bracelets tomorrow since the line is almost full, heres to hoping, but this is my first DSF camp out and I love that I have met so many either again or for the first time.sleep well all!

Omg so that's your adorable son!

I hope we get the bracelets tomorrow since the line is almost full, heres to hoping, but this is my first DSF camp out and I love that I have met so many either again or for the first time.sleep well all!
Enjoy your time. If DSF gave out the wristbands early all hell would break loose. I have a feeling they don't want to deal with that $hit storm from Disney higher ups when they get mass quantities of complaints. You went last night knowing you had to wait until either 7am Friday or 7pm Friday. It is not fair to try to get them to distribute wristbands early.

Then again, DSF has almost zero integrity with their rules, so maybe you'll get your wish!

Disney pin forum lets keep this about the pins. Not everyone needs to state their opinion. You feel bad about something take action. Don't cause uproar with heated threats and hollowed words. There are no children 3-4 ( that I have seen) so spreading the rumor weed makes it just as bad as starting it.

Hope everyone kept warm last night. Any word on how many people are there now (I love the idea of a sign in sheet - great job pinacolada!)

If Janice (jrdnsmom) is there, that means Miki is there too! Have a great time! Keep warm (no PTDs) and I hope DSF brings everyone free hot chocolate (even though it's made with water) and coffee! :hsd:

most likely because people are showing up anyway already. **sigh**

they are shiney bits of metal. NOTHING is worth waiting in line 36 hours for a wristband, just to wait in line again the next day for the pin. Not even an LE 50 of Esmeralda on Achilles, Punzel on max, and mulan on khan, hunting thumper through the fields of pixie hollow, while a chinese dragon floats above them.

Noo! Not my Thumper! :(

I'm just really annoyed at how they changed the rules at the last minute. Seriously. Two days ago they said no lining up til 6 PM on Thursday. Now, one day before the release, they decide to change the rules. That's really inconsiderate of them to do. Getting people's hopes up at getting the pins two days before, and then the day before crushing their hopes is not cool at all :(

Please, DSF, PLEASE make rules at LEAST 2 weeks in advance of a release date and STICK to them!! This way traders will know if they can or can't make it well in advance and can set up trades and/or pre purchases accordingly.

Also, why not just give out all of the wristbands on Friday at 7 AM!? That's just wrong to make people wait another 12 hours. I can't imagine what it'd be like to be number 76. What if you HAD to leave by 8 AM and somehow you didn't make the first 75 but you were in the first 150? You would have pretty much waited all night for nothing. That'd be the worst!! Plus, DSF staff wouldn't have to babysit the line! Everyone would win! :)

I agree why do they keep changing the rules... prob cause they are too lazy to actually hire someone to tell people to leave. I heard there was already 110 people in line but im sure thats not true. I dont understand why soda fountain is making pin trading harder and harder. Stop announcing pin releases and just release them!! Or at least have one method of controlling these people. Some of us have jobs and this thing called work, we cant sit out there for days on end for metal and paint.. they do realize that us pin traders are helping put food on their tables right?

tumblr_makeznuFMR1ro8qpo.gif

Wooow I am sooo glad that I don't really want these pins. I mean they'd be nice to have, but I won't die without them. Kudos to you guys who are out there braving the alley way though!

Reading all the comments make me sad, the disrespect that my fellow pin traders have for one and other is just sad and shameful. Yes there are about 6 or so kids here, the kids are happy and playing and want to be here, to assume patents are dragging kids by force is ludicrous and insane.

To be frank we all found out about the pins at the same time, we all knew what was to be expected when tangled and up share a release date its insane! If you didn't request the days off or move your schedule around to fit the event than that is on you. Please dont come to this forum and bring negative feelings and comments just because you couldn't come up and put in the work to get the pin.

Please do not get me wrong I do not want to offend you I am just sick of these comments. We are a community and we should act like it dont worry about what someone else is doing just worry about you and your dealings. We are all having fun here no one is miserable, we are talking with one another and enjoying each others company. I love this community and its members we are all friends, Respect each other and be happy.

It was not fair that DSF could not stick to there word shame on you DSF.

Last edited:
I just want to say that I "dragged" my kids to the BATB PODM release....my son is 9 and while it was Thanksgiving so he didn't miss school....he had the BIGGEST BLAST EVER....he is STILL talking about it and was bummed when he found out that people camped out and we didn't...we just got up at 3am to haul A$$ over to the contemporary.

Wouldh I have had him miss school for this? No. But that's also because he is in the advanced placement class and HE would have thrown a FIT for missing school because he likes it so much.

There are lots of things that parents do that I do not agree with, but I don't call them off on it....just like I am sure that I do things with my children that other parents don't agree with.

So....big hugs to everyone. Simmer down. Everyone's priorities are different and at the end of the day, those that GET the pins and promised them to others will be very happy.

despite the fact that I have gone back and read the thread 2x hunting for the reason that some folks on this page say theres a problem. i have yet to find a major issue.

Yeah, some times in the past people have actually "dragged" their kids to a DSF lineup. i recall stories of a kid being ill and the parents still not taking them home. BUT Things seem to be simmering down on this thread, even if I dont see where it got massivly heated. :)

It's 10am. Ice cream for breakfast!!!
images

despite the fact that I have gone back and read the thread 2x hunting for the reason that some folks on this page say theres a problem. i have yet to find a major issue.

Yeah, some times in the past people have actually "dragged" their kids to a DSF lineup. i recall stories of a kid being ill and the parents still not taking them home. BUT Things seem to be simmering down on this thread, even if I dont see where it got massivly heated. :)

It's 10am. Ice cream for breakfast!!!

Your just waiting for this to get shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back