• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Marquees

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Marquees

Dapperdisneyprincess

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very new to pin trading and I was hoping someone could shed some light on the hype of dsf marquees. Personally, I don't really like them and I don't understand why they sell for so much money. If someone could help me out and explain it to me, I'd appreciate it. :confused:

They are only released when the theatre next door (El Capitan) releases the movie. Some are released for special occasions (like the UP one was released when you went to see the movie at midnight apparently). Some people get the pin to commemorate that they saw the movie at El Capitan so that leaves less supply.

They are also (mostly - there are some exceptions) the same size and the same style - the movie logo in the middle and sometimes some characters surrounding the frame- so they look nice together as a set.

That's one of the great things about pins. What appeals to a group of people doesn't to others, and vice versa. :) At least you'll be saving a bunch of money not going after them! I personally don't care much either way, except for ones that fit into my collections and that they can make good traders. :)

I saw a Meet the Robinsons marquee selling for +$500 and I don't even think that movie was that great. It's crazy. But I'm grateful I don't see the appeal and my bank account is safe for now!

I collect marquees myself. Not all of them but ther ones from movies my family loves.

The reason I like them is I wanted to collect one pin from each movie. I was gong back and forth on how to do this and have the pins look good when displayed together. When I learned about marquees it was perfect for what I wanted to do.

I almost bid on the Robinsons marquee. It jumped from $400 to almost $600 in the last 20 seconds :) Too rich for my blood :)

Maybe I'm not so far down the pin hole yet but I don't think I'd pay more then $30 for a pin. Those sharks are crazy and make it hard for collectors to get pins that they'd enjoy. I'm waiting to get good deals on 101 Dalmatian ptds and the d23 horse pins. It kills me to see how much they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back