• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSS Princess Calendar discussion <3 [IMG heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSS Princess Calendar discussion <3 [IMG heavy]
i looked at mine when I got home and it's pretty bad .... Lots if pin holes in the inside calendar section where it has the month, a few more in the Pocahontas area and the front is very dull compared with other months .... At this point, It's just not worth the hassle to take it back. Quality on the whole series has been pretty spotty ... What a disappointment.

8FBC7D00-6585-45E6-A2D7-B2A9857BB565_zpscem3xpow.jpg

At least they look good from a distance.

None of these really fit any of my collections, but all together like this I think they do look great! For some reason I like the fronts better than the princesses inside. It's too bad there have been production quality issues. If Dec. is Princess Eilonwy then I will get that one, but not holding my breath.

December is pretty much assuredly Anna and/or Elsa.

I like the covers more than the insides too, though that is probably due to my bias for sidekicks and animals over princesses.

The QC issues across the entire set are discouraging. Hopefully this does't signify an overall downshift in DSF quality, though judging by QC issues on many other DSF sets and PTDs this year I'm not getting my hopes up. Just have to remind myself to triple check every DSF pin I purchase from now on.

I also prefer the Covers .... Unfortunately the QC issues with this set might prevent me from ever consider trading or selling these in the future. I wouldn't want to be accused of selling/trading "scrappers" of these pins because if I hadn't bought them from DSSH myself, I would, for a couple of them, think they might be.

Last edited:
He looks like he is wired due to extreme exhaustion. Like when you are so beyond tired that everything is funny.

Anna's all-white eyes make her look possessed.

I like the calendar serie pins, usually they are so beautiful, but this one is awful ! I'll not try to have it. My 2014 calendar's quest will end with Belle and Pocahontas.

for those of you not at the december release, pretty much expect bad pins/backs across the board. the pins had a ~90% bad front rate in my opinion, but i got there about half way. the problem was really that people kept trading them back to DSF. the clerk there got frustrated and started handling them really rough (she just threw em back in the box on the ground over and over). pretty much all of them have bent cards or dinged cards. The front had SEVERE i mean SEVERE glitter dispersion issues. there were many with areas tht appeared white because there just wasn't enough glitter to pack that area. The insides tended to be fine, but the faces were TERRIBLE. the eye is pretty much just a light blue ball, with no real details otherwise. so if you buy this from a reseller, don't be surprised if it's terrible on the front with a beat-up card.

Lastly ALL of the pin/cards were stamped with the same serial numbers.

my first dsf surprise release, and frankly it was just plain sad lol...

this pin is going for nowhere near what i thought it was going to get priced at and im starting to think it's because nobody really likes it...

Olaf looks like he hasn't slept in days...

Sorry to hear about the bad quality on so many of them. I haven't exactly been happy with the last few DSF pins I've gotten either. There always seems to be something wrong with them, whether it's poorly dispersed glitter, pin holes, enamel not perfect, bent posts straight from the package, dips, etc.. I really loved all of the DSF pins I got that were older, but the last few months every single new release one I've gotten has been poor quality.

Ah well. Maybe they will find new companies to make the pins if enough people keep complaining.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I actually like this one. It's definitely not the best, and probably not even close to it, but I do like that Elsa is spinning her magic into a Christmas tree, and that their poses are different.

There are obviously some mess-ups with it, but I like the overall design of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back