• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH DSSH Trade Event - March 24th, 2019 - pictures added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there only 4 ppl per table? @pincrazy will also be attending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to confuse... the list of 4 was just the start of the list (to show I was making a list.) I have now added all 10 spots.

Email says that tables can accommodate up to 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Am I adding you to our table of 10?

Thank you! That’s informative. Do you know how many times you can visit ptd boards?
Hey! PinTraderSam… haven't seen or heard from you in awhile. Are you going to the event? If yes, would love to have you join us at our DPF table for lunch. (Not sure if I told you my name change to TheMickeyMouseRules… my DPF name was previously akbecker246.) :)

Keep in mind the Los Angeles Marathon is this Sunday morning. Be prepared for street closures and delays. Street Closures | LA Marathon
Checking the map, be prepared for traffic and Confusion! Thanks for the heads up! Was wondering why there were traffic barriers lying on the ground!
They shouuld give validation for Hollywood and Highland instead would be more convenient then valet parking.:stitch:

Just called Hollywood Roosevelt and spoke to Manager to ask for advice, as of this moment he suggests coming the backroute, to me that would mean, if off Hollywood Fwy going North, off at La Cienega turn left,, right on Franklin, turn left on Highland be in farthest right to turn right on Franklin again if you don't make it you'll see the Hollywood Highland side parking entrance, where Llowes Hotel is, turn in and around? Turn left to get out, turn left again on Franklin, take it to La Brea turn left, left again on Hawthorne and Roosevelt will be on your left side where it'll dead end due to Marathon.
He also advised it will be CRAZY between 6am-3pm approximately, AND to call the hotel for updated info that day, their # 323 8561970, press 1 for operator and ask for a manager for directions....
Hope this helps!!! :stitch:
Personally if you don't mind paying and parking is available, I'd just park at Hollywood/Highland like a reg pin release, and walk across the street. The stress factor of getting there, is going to be Major, and biggest question WHY did DSF schedule this on the 24th????
Those that make it, meet you in the BAR:p

Just called Hollywood Roosevelt and spoke to Manager to ask for advice, as of this moment he suggests coming the backroute, to me that would mean, if off Hollywood Fwy going North, off at La Cienega turn left,, right on Franklin, turn left on Highland be in farthest right to turn right on Franklin again if you don't make it you'll see the Hollywood Highland side parking entrance, where Llowes Hotel is, turn in and around? Turn left to get out, turn left again on Franklin, take it to La Brea turn left, left again on Hawthorne and Roosevelt will be on your left side where it'll dead end due to Marathon.
He also advised it will be CRAZY between 6am-3pm approximately, AND to call the hotel for updated info that day, their # 323 8561970, press 1 for operator and ask for a manager for directions....
Personally if you don't mind paying and parking is available, I'd just park at Hollywood/Highland like a reg pin release, and walk across the street. The stress factor of getting there, is going to be Major, and biggest question WHY did DSF schedule this on the 24th????
I agree... why? Did they not realize the conflict? And why radio silence on the problems we will have getting into the parking lot included with the package? I hope an addendum will be released which will aid us in getting into the parking area. From what I read... the road closures in the area start at 11:10AM... so probably a good reason to get there earlier rather than later.

The potential issue with parking in the parking structure is the validation is only good for 4 hours and at a minimum I would think people will be parked in the area for a minimum of 5-6 hours.

I'm down for the bar :)

I agree... why? Did they not realize the conflict? And why radio silence on the problems we will have getting into the parking lot included with the package? I hope an addendum will be released which will aid us in getting into the parking area. From what I read... the road closures in the area start at 11:10AM... so probably a good reason to get there earlier rather than later.

The potential issue with parking in the parking structure is the validation is only good for 4 hours and at a minimum I would think people will be parked in the area for a minimum of 5-6 hours.
Yes parking at Hollywood/Highland would be max $18, but compared to trying to get to the otherside, I'm willing to spend it. It's the price of less anxiety? As it is trying to get around there, is not going to be FUN! There is a subway drop off there, but I've never used it.
Street closures starts at 2am, the run starts at 6:30. Roosevelt is around mile 12 sort of half way.
Hopefully DSF will do the right thing to make it right?:cool:

Last edited:
Hey! PinTraderSam… haven't seen or heard from you in awhile. Are you going to the event? If yes, would love to have you join us at our DPF table for lunch. (Not sure if I told you my name change to TheMickeyMouseRules… my DPF name was previously akbecker246.) :)
Hi! Yes my wife and I are attending. If there’s room we’ll join the table, it’s our first Dssh event so we’ll be slightly lost.

Hi I wanted to make sure I was added to the table since the person who responded after me was added. Thank you!

JFYI - DSF sent out an email to attendees about an hour ago with some info on the marathon parking and directions on how to get to the Roosevelt's back entrance, similar to what pincrazy provided earlier.

Hi I wanted to make sure I was added to the table since the person who responded after me was added. Thank you!
I apologize... pintradersam flagged it by replying to my post, so I was triggered by the forum to go to his post. You are now added. :) Yay!

I will take more names for a second table. Please keep those names coming!

Also, please flag me use the '@' sign in front of my username. example: @TheMickeyMouseRules this will cause the forum feature to put an alert at the top of the page and will just have to click on it to go directly to your post. :)

Edit: @Sortlora … I see you did flag me and I missed it. Not sure what happened. Will try to look out better. But I appreciate the extra flags by everyone, since things get buried in the posts.

Last edited:
UPDATED PARKING INFO-as AJK posted above
Ugh, no changes........
Suggestions from a local:
be prepared by allowing extra time getting there and around the hotel. The marathon main runners should have already passed through around 9, but there's thousands of runners, volunteers, family members, tourists that will probably be around the area it's a prime visible spot due to its iconic backdrop on Hollywood Blvd.
The problem is they turn down from Hollywood to Orange which is a smaller street down to Sunset, that corner might cause crowds, it's like downsizing hundreds down to single file, it's a hard turn left from a wide 4 way to 2 way street That's the corner of the Roosevelt and behind that on the parallel street to Hollywood is Hawthorne, the entrance to valet parking. If you can picture it, I don't recall any major signs saying Hotel Valet Parking, just a driveway, but it's possible people will be in the street around there, due to it being closed for the runners. In other words you can't miss Roosevelt cause you can't drive any further, just don't run over any people while looking for it.
Hope this helps

Good Luck Everyone

Last edited:
Oof! Good luck getting to the event, y'all! At least it sounds like things will have cleared out by the time I swing by.

@TheMickeyMouseRules - I've noticed that I don't always get notification on tags. I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes the notification not to go through, though...

Oof! Good luck getting to the event, y'all! At least it sounds like things will have cleared out by the time I swing by.

@TheMickeyMouseRules - I've noticed that I don't always get notification on tags. I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes the notification not to go through, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back