• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Duffy and Shellie May pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duffy and Shellie May pins

Matty

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So I have been working on getting a bunch of pins from Hong Kong. I notice they have allot of Duffy and Shellie may pins. Are those characters popular in the us as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not *AS* popular as they are in Japan and Hong Kong. Disney didn't really give Duffy enough time over here to gain momentum (and actually kind of mis-handled that group of characters in general). We had a small wave of pins and such when he first got re-released over here in 2010 until about 2015, then they stopped making them pretty much completely (except for Aulani). That said, there's definitely a following. Besides myself, there are several Duffy, Shellie May, and Gelatoni fans on this forum alone.

If you ever get a chance to go to Tokyo DisneySEA, definitely do so! It's amazing, how they do Duffy et al over there, and it's the best Disney park in the world, even setting Duffy aside!

Not *AS* popular as they are in Japan and Hong Kong. Disney didn't really give Duffy enough time over here to gain momentum (and actually kind of mis-handled that group of characters in general). We had a small wave of pins and such when he first got re-released over here in 2010 until about 2015, then they stopped making them pretty much completely (except for Aulani). That said, there's definitely a following. Besides myself, there are several Duffy, Shellie May, and Gelatoni fans on this forum alone.

If you ever get a chance to go to Tokyo DisneySEA, definitely do so! It's amazing, how they do Duffy et al over there, and it's the best Disney park in the world, even setting Duffy aside!

Thanks for the input. I have a pin with them in it coming as part of a pack from Hong Kong. I am thinking about trying my first action. It will be s month or two. Shipping takes awhile from there haha.
288eddb59dee504447801e7b7bee950b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Duffy was kinda popular during like 2012 I remember him having a meet and greet and there being tons of Duffy stuff for sale. However, he has disappeared in recent times which is sad because he is super cute. I always chalked it up to him being pricy and most people buying the bear but getting Disney themed outfits at Build a Bear for wayyy cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back