• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DW 15 yr anniversary complete set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW 15 yr anniversary complete set.

Matty

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey! I came across this on Craigslist. Does anyone know if $125 is a good deal??

34663299dd99acb22c66052df1c01904.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the pins are real-I personally would say that isn't a bad price. Is there 50 pins total? The price per a pin would be what $2.5? However if it comes with the frame your saving money there as well. I think it really comes down to if the pins are real or not. If they are real I would say that's a nice price for that amount of pins PLUS it's in a display. Does the display come with the $125? Does that including shipping? :)
Maybe also look to see how much each individual pin usually sells for. That should also give you an idea if your saving money or not by buying it in a set format. Hope that somewhat helps!

It does help! I was gonna maybe go look at it. If they are real and Worst case it would be good traders for the park. It would be a shame to break up this set though haha

Last edited:
If the pins are real-I personally would say that isn't a bad price. Is there 50 pins total? The price per a pin would be what $2.5? However if it comes with the frame your saving money there as well. I think it really comes down to if the pins are real or not. If they are real I would say that's a nice price for that amount of pins PLUS it's in a display. Does the display come with the $125? Does that including shipping? :)
Maybe also look to see how much each individual pin usually sells for. That should also give you an idea if your saving money or not by buying it in a set format. Hope that somewhat helps!

I'm not sure how I would tell if they are scrapers or not. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure how I would tell if they are scrapers or not. Any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with the set-and even in the picture you can't see the pins super clearly. I guess a good question to ask yourself is-do you care whether or not they are scrappers? If not then maybe don't even worry about it.
I mean you probably won't be able to tell for sure unless the person takes pictures of all the backs. Which they may or may not be willing to do....especially since it's in a frame.

Sometimes I think with pins you just have to decide if you think it's worth the risk or not. I mean $125 would be a lot for scrappers. But if they are real-that isn't super expensive for that amount of pins/frame.

You could ask the seller for some closer up photos?

I'm not familiar with the set-and even in the picture you can't see the pins super clearly. I guess a good question to ask yourself is-do you care whether or not they are scrappers? If not then maybe don't even worry about it.
I mean you probably won't be able to tell for sure unless the person takes pictures of all the backs. Which they may or may not be willing to do....especially since it's in a frame.

Sometimes I think with pins you just have to decide if you think it's worth the risk or not. I mean $125 would be a lot for scrappers. But if they are real-that isn't super expensive for that amount of pins/frame.

You could ask the seller for some closer up photos?

I sent him a message and asked. I have found some of the pins on Pinterest by themselves. I think it should say the name of the character and made in Taiwan. I am not sure if I would keep the set together or use them as traders. Would it be a jerk move to break up the set? There are some I would keep but some I don't care about.

I sent him a message and asked. I have found some of the pins on Pinterest by themselves. I think it should say the name of the character and made in Taiwan. I am not sure if I would keep the set together or use them as traders. Would it be a jerk move to break up the set? There are some I would keep but some I don't care about.

Ohhh see I thought you wanted the whole set. Hmmmm you might be better off just buying a few individual ones you like from someone on here, Facebook or a website where the person can send pics of the front/back of pin. If this person proves it's real-then maybe you would then have some traders too. No I don't think it's a jerk move to break up the set. If someone's selling it you aren't obligated to keep it together. You are paying them for the set. So what you do with it is your business. I know pins can be sentimental to some- but people can't control what people do with them after they sell them. If the person was a close friend and they were trusting you to keep their treasured pins in your collection-well maybe you would feel slightly obligated to keep the pins. But you don't know the person-so know it's normal to not always keep every pin you buy or even trade for! I know I've sold a nice amount of pins I've bought. But I've also kept ones that meant a lot to me. If you can get some nice traders at a great price, then why not? I'm not familiar with this set so not sure if they are good or not good traders. But the value of a pin really varies from person to person to some extent. :)

You could also do a ISO (in search of) post on here or FB pin pages of the specific ones you want. Never know. :)

Ohhh see I thought you wanted the whole set. Hmmmm you might be better off just buying a few individual ones you like from someone on here, Facebook or a website where the person can send pics of the front/back of pin. If this person proves it's real-then maybe you would then have some traders too. No I don't think it's a jerk move to break up the set. If someone's selling it you aren't obligated to keep it together. You are paying them for the set. So what you do with it is your business. I know pins can be sentimental to some- but people can't control what people do with them after they sell them. If the person was a close friend and they were trusting you to keep their treasured pins in your collection-well maybe you would feel slightly obligated to keep the pins. But you don't know the person-so know it's normal to not always keep every pin you buy or even trade for! I know I've sold a nice amount of pins I've bought. But I've also kept ones that meant a lot to me. If you can get some nice traders at a great price, then why not? I'm not familiar with this set so not sure if they are good or not good traders. But the value of a pin really varies from person to person to some extent. :)

You could also do a ISO (in search of) post on here or FB pin pages of the specific ones you want. Never know. :)

I am taking a trip to the parks in nov. at $2 a pin I thought the ones I am not interested in would be good to trade with cast members. As I look at it more it might just be the bear country ones I am not super into. The rest are pretty cool. Who knows. It is kind of cool to have a whole set from that long ago as well. Dang pin trading is stressful hahaha ....ok but fun stressful.

I am taking a trip to the parks in nov. at $2 a pin I thought the ones I am not interested in would be good to trade with cast members. As I look at it more it might just be the bear country ones I am not super into. The rest are pretty cool. Who knows. It is kind of cool to have a whole set from that long ago as well. Dang pin trading is stressful hahaha ....ok but fun stressful.

I'll send you a PM with contact of pin seller a friend and I use. Authentic pins and really great.

Oh wow November? That's awesome. :)

Guys, these pins came out in 1986/87, 13 years before the start of official Disney pin trading. And you're worried about scrappers? No. And they certainly aren't going to go to the bother of framing them.

If you ever get a hold of the Tomart's Disneyana Pin Trading Guides, they talk about this set. It was produced because someone hoped Coke bottlers would purchase them to give them away. None did, so Disney had to liquidate them following the end of the celebration, to a Disneyana reseller for about $100 each. And he sold them until he passed away. And I assume his estate liquidated the remainder. When pin trading started, the set would go for up to about $450. It's come down a lot since then, there are quite a few of them out there. In addition, there are all the copies of the individual pins and character sets that were produced.

If this is a photo from a specific store (and it looks like the store I'm thinking of) then yes, they're real. But you would be much better off buying them separate or trading here. A lot of overseas DPF members have told me that these are easy to find over there on lanyards.
IF you end up buying the set, let me know, because there are a few I'm wanting and I'd either pay/trade you for them.
But again, I'd just buy them separate. They aren't scrapped.

I'm a sucker for complete sets so if I wanted about 75% of them I would go for it. Otherwise I would just hunt down the ones I really liked.

Ok I got it. Turns out "according to the seller" he got divorced 20 yrs ago. Before that he has a huge Disney collection. Everything from toys,plush toys, he told me about this cool Disney train thing. When he got divorced his side kept the house and so he auctioned most of it off because he didn't have room for any of it. Fast forward to now he bought his old house (very nice Victorian style house from 1800's) and is fixing him up. I posted better pics on the mail days thread. I am starting to love the whole set. I'm not sure what I'll do. Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back