• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Earthbounds Pin Collection!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earthbounds Pin Collection!!

earthbound

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Okay, just thought I'd share these with my new friends on the DPF. I took all the pictures this morning & will also put them into an album under my profile!! All comments are greatly accepted so please let me know what you think - have fun & thanks for looking, some pictures are not that great as the camera is pretty basic, any questions please PM me. I do have one more picture to upload but can only do 10 per post!

WDW CL 1.jpg
WDW Cast Lanyard Series 1 - note the space for the elusive white eyed Kooky Donald in second row! Also notice 2 Kooky Minnies - one of the pins shows her without a thumb on her right hand - error pin??

WDW CL 2.jpg
WDW Cast Lanyard Series 2 - missing the two elusive color variation pins of Flora & Merryweather

WDW CL 3.jpg
WDW Cast Lanyard Series 3 - just missing the elusive Sabor Wanted Pin (if it exists!!)

WDW CL 4.jpg
WDW Cast Lanyard Series 4 - missing the 2 Resort pins apparently only released as prototypes for an auction

WDW HM 1 - 3.jpg
WDW Hidden Mickey Series 1 - 3 - Note the two spellings of Rolf/Rowlf in the middle group & also the two Height Requirement pins in the bottom row - both have different color lines!!

DLR CL 1 - 4.jpg
DLR Cast Lanyard Series 1 - 4 - Okay there are 5 sets but the third group was called Series 2.5 - possibly the hardest set to complete!!

DLR Hotel & HM 1 - 2.jpg
DLR Hotel Cast Lanyard/Hidden Mickey Series; DLR Hidden Mickey Series 1 & 2

DLR HM 3 - 4; WDW HM 4.jpg
DLR Hidden Mickey Series 3; WDW & DLR Hidden Mickey Series 4 - the WDW Completer pins are shown in a line below, the DLR Completer pins are on their way to me!! This board is Work In Progress & will be tidied up - promise!!

DLRP CL 1 - 4; DSUK.jpg
DLRP Cast Lanyard Series 1 - 4 - Series 4 is still being gradually released at the PTN's
Disney Stores UK Cast Lanyard Series - only available by trading with CM's in the UK Stores

PoH 1.jpg
WDW Hidden Disney Series; WDW Piece of History Series 1 & 2

Very nice and like myself, I like you did not use cork colored background and covered them.
I especially like the POH collection.
Ever thing of framing them?
I am in that process right now.

wot an amazin collection,i cant imagine there will be many complete sets like yours out there

Thanks Danny!! Always nice to complete the odd set or five!!

Very nice and like myself, I like you did not use cork colored background and covered them.
I especially like the POH collection.
Ever thing of framing them?
I am in that process right now.

Dan, I have thought about framing them & maybe that is something for the future. Cork is so easy & the PoH takes pride of place!

WOW ! Chris , i could never top that LOL.
I only have about 120.
But seriously you have a pretty neat collection.!

FABULOUS Collection!!! Thanks for sharing!! I can only immagine how much time you have invested in hunting them all down!!! Great job!!!

Hi Chris,

I got quite close to completing every Cast and Hidden Mickey pin but gave up in the end as they seemed so elusive, so I am very impressed (and jealous !) of your pins.

It's great to see pins done like this and may have to 'borrow' your idea of putting black velvet over my corkboards when I change things over for 2011.

I remember how hard getting the ghosts from Series 3 was and what I had to trade to get a Cast pin via Pinpics. Now it seems like nobody wants them (probably due to the scrapper problem).

I also remember the thrill of finding a Cast pin on a lanyard (especially when I first started trading in 2004).

The fake pin syndrome has really ruined it for me and if it wasn't for my friend in California would probably give up on Hidden Mickeys

Best regards

Mark

Thanks Mark! The collection you see is taken a lot of trading, walking & on the odd occasion making a purchase! I'm really pleased with it & how it looks. I'm pretty fortunate that I managed to complete the sets as & when they were released so I'm pretty confident that I don't have any fakes - but the increase in fakes nowadays only makes me more eager to get the sets when released - a great excuse to make a visit to WDW or DLR!! I'm just waiting for the 2011 sets to be announced!

I think my hardest pin was the red monorail without the hidden Mickey from Series 3 - just need the 6 in my siggie (if they exist that is!!)

Cork boards were bought from Ikea, black effect velvet from a local market & then cut to size & staple to the back! Couple of hooks, bit of string & away you go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back