• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ebay pin looks to have different colors..any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay pin looks to have different colors..any thoughts?

Uno Diamante

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just purchased two of Pin pics # 38173 (one claims to be a new one and the other is an Artist Proof).

I just noticed on the "real" one that the colors of the flags dont look the same (they look blueish instead of yellow...to me anyway) and the tree seems darker..anyone have an opinion on this? I havent gotten it yet..the seller doesnt accept returns but it is covered by the ebay buyer protection....

Thanks!!

Last edited:
ooh..ok..sorry...it already ended (since I bought it) so I didnt realize... sorry about that..

And the seller of the Artist Proof one says it has AP on it (i havent gotten it yet)

The one I am concerned about is the normal one since I just saw that from the pictures it looks like the colors are different... :/

Last edited:
I recently purchased a DSF pin online and later noticed the color differences on pinpics.

I messaged the seller and they investigated. The seller claimed it simply the camera/lighting that caused the difference.

When I received the pin, I found that he was correct. The actual pin did match pinpics color.

I recently purchased a DSF pin online and later noticed the color differences on pinpics.

I messaged the seller and they investigated. The seller claimed it simply the camera/lighting that caused the difference.

When I received the pin, I found that he was correct. The actual pin did match pinpics color.

I got some scrappers on ebay (park icon 2011 collection) recently. When I notified the seller that there was an issue with the pins--they were silver instead of black-- the seller said "oh, it was the lighting when I took the photo. the pins are supposed to be silver and my camera makes it look black." Uhhh. The pins ARE supposed to be black and the seller had obviously used the stock photos of the pin and hadn't taken the pictures themselves.

Not so say it wasn't true in your case, but it reminded me of my experience... Ebay can be so frustrating!!

I got some scrappers on ebay (park icon 2011 collection) recently. When I notified the seller that there was an issue with the pins--they were silver instead of black-- the seller said "oh, it was the lighting when I took the photo. the pins are supposed to be silver and my camera makes it look black." Uhhh. The pins ARE supposed to be black and the seller had obviously used the stock photos of the pin and hadn't taken the pictures themselves.

Not so say it wasn't true in your case, but it reminded me of my experience... Ebay can be so frustrating!!

Yes, it can!!

I had just noticed the color difference between the pictures on Ebay and the picture on Pinpics. I didn't actually have the pin yet.
When I got the pin in my hands, I saw that the actual pin color DID match pinpics.

Which I was lucky..you just never know with Ebay! I prefer the safety of buying here on the DPF.

I got the pic and sure enough the flags are blue instead of yellow... :( Going to email the seller to see what he says about it... Thanks for all the replies guys!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back