• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Elsa bust/ statue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsa bust/ statue

Matthewlondon

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So I have just got my first glass cabinet, and wanted a Elsa piece to go in it. What do you think looks the nicest? The grand jester bust, couture de force Elsa or the jim shore anna/Elsa figurine?

I like the Grand Jester Bust best, personally. The Couture de Force just wasn't very Elsa to me at all, it was almost tacky, which is odd because I usually love those figures! But for Elsa, definitely Grand Jester!

I have all three of these pieces and I have to say the Jester bust is my least favorite. The overall concept is nice, but Elsa's face is not the best, especially her eyes. I do like the piece don't me wrong, but when you compare her to other Jester's, I think she could have been a bit better. The Couture de Force does look different, but I think the piece is stunning. The Jim Shore one is lovely too, I would probably give the edge to that one, but I think any piece would look great displayed. Good luck!

disney-traditions-4046035-elsa-with-ice-castle-dress_18247.jpg

This Jim Shore Elsa may be my new favorite. :hs:

I still haven't seen one that's caught my eye, personally.
I will say that I find the Grand Jester bust slightly disturbing because it reminds me of disembowelment.:sad:

Jim Shore's work is always impressive, and I have several of the Showcase figures. I also have the entire line of original Couture de Force figures including the villains. I purchased most of them at around ~$40 when the opportunity arose, which presented a good value.

This isn't one of the choices in the OP, but I am eagerly awaiting the release of the following figures later this year. The likeness is spot on!

Figuarts_Frozen.jpg

I personally prefer the Jester, it's most true to her face imo. You really have to see them in real life in order to choose. Because I first wanted a Rapunzel figurine and I wanted to buy the Jester. But then I saw her in real life and I really disliked the quality in the face and I got the Couture one.

I like the above piece that you posted, when is that released/price? I'm so unsure I think I like the jim shore piece the most. So far I'm not that impressed with a lot of Elsa merch, which is a shame because it could be stunning!

Thanks everyone I have decided to order online a grand Jester Elsa bust. I saw the couture de force and jim shore rlsa in person today and didn't like the couture de force elsa even though I love most of their other figurines, liked the jim shore piece but in the end went with the grand jester Elsa. The only one I haven't seen in person and I went with that one lol

Glad you were able to make a decision! I bought Grand Jester Elsa when she was first released, and she was beautiful. However, I sold both her and Anna a few months back as I found that I prefer Jim Shore figurines and wanted to make room for more of those. I hope you will enjoy your Elsa!

I would have said the Elsa Showcase as I have her and love her (will be getting Anna when it goes down a bit), and some of the busts seem a little odd to me. I'm glad you were able to see a couple in person to decide what you want. It's so hard to tell online. Let us know what you think when you get yours. :)

I just took another look at the bust on Amazon and they have Elsa for $29.95 and Anna for $26.95, both with Prime shipping, if anyone is thinking about them. Really great prices. I just ordered both. Couldn't pass them up.

I just thought the bust looked more like Elsa imo, the couture one is deffo my least favourite and theirs just something about the jim shore that I didn't like, the bust came today and looks very nice in my cabinet.

I just thought the bust looked more like Elsa imo, the couture one is deffo my least favourite and theirs just something about the jim shore that I didn't like, the bust came today and looks very nice in my cabinet.

If you're happy that's all that matters :3

I can't get over how huge her eyes are or how neanderthal thick her forehead is Dx

....I've always thought the busts looked awkward, and somewhat cheap. To each their own I guess! :)

The Elsa Couture de Force is really pretty to me, though I wish her face was more accurate. The Anna one is nice as well but the face mold looks nothing like her, so much so that I'm passing on that one.

The couture du force set ARENA on model on purpose. They have more realistic proportions and human faces. That's why the Cindy wedding on looks like she comes from her time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back