• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Encountered my first scrapper pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Encountered my first scrapper pin

QWERTYPie

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm pretty sure I got this at WDW but I was reworking my boards by hidden Mickey and where they sit in the set. I noticed my Aurora and Alice were both marked 10 of 12 BUT the Alice back of the pin was marked "10f12" a really small typo I didn't notice. I know it's semi-common to come across these but just wanted to share.

Do I just toss this? I'd assume yes.
566ab6eaecf04237d8a8b72c9b835961.jpg
a8e2f1d3feef384fbd89d5b45e4bc15d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It’s very common to come across scrappers. In recent visits to DLR I would say 90% of the Pins on the board were either scrappers or Pins commonly faked making them likely fakes. I myself have a few scrappers and fakes in my collection but only until I find or trade for the real versions of them.

Some people on here keep them to teach their kids the differences of them and what to look for and others re-purpose them and make them into coasters and bows. Currently I have a small amount of scrappers that I’m holding onto until I replace them with the real ones.

They’re you’re pins so it’s your choice with what to do with them. If you decide you don’t want them there are members here who will take them off your hands to make coasters and bows to gift to kids at the parks. If you decide to keep them that’s totally your choice just be honest about their authenticity if you decide to gift them to someone else for any reason.

Whatever you do just please don’t trade them at the parks to recirculate the pin back into the Parks for some for sap to trade for. If you ever have questions about the authenticity of a potential scrapper there’s a section here on DPF that’s very helpful.

I’ve recently made 3 purchases off eBay for Pins I’ve wanted and received fake pins. I gave the sellers the benefit of the doubt but it was so interesting that when I described why the pin was fake and sent comparison photos I immediate refunds and all communication from them ceased. Buying so many “fakes” in such a short amount of time has made me very weary of buying any pins that weren’t new on card anymore. Lol

Last edited:
Yeah that's a fake, sorry.

And as noted there are plenty of non-trading options you can do with it from crafts to using it as a pushpin or making into a magnet - it's up to you!

Colors are wrong and lines are too thick. Fake. I see this one (the fake) fairly regularly on lanyards and boards.

Do these still get a warning on PinPics or has the information never been put back or updated??

Sadly PinPics hasn't had complete up to date information since the new ownership took over several years ago. It's missing a LOT of scrapper warnings. Not to mention a lot of pins in existence. But that was the result of their choice to stop the open crowdsourcing of information that had made the site so valuable during its original incarnation. Not to mention alienating some of their most informed regular contributors.

It used to be super easy for the community to keep the site accurate and up to date. Sadly, that is no longer the case and as such, PinPics is no longer the resource it once was.

It looks better than the scrapper one that I have. Mine does say 1Of12 on the back. You can see the paint streaks on the front on mine, the paint dip on her neck, the mark on her cheek, and it feels way too light.

I'd be happy to make a hair bow out of it for you!
e717a1b7c81f08b65af9ebc053094fa1.jpg
7fd02b33132d0d8af7d0bfac37c457fc.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It looks better than the scrapper one that I have. Mine does say 1Of12 on the back. You can see the paint streaks on the front on mine, the paint dip on her neck, the mark on her cheek, and it feels way too light.

I'd be happy to make a hair bow out of it for you!
e717a1b7c81f08b65af9ebc053094fa1.jpg
7fd02b33132d0d8af7d0bfac37c457fc.jpg

I was planning on making a bow out of it! It seems perfect for the center of a bow

I was planning on making a bow out of it! It seems perfect for the center of a bow

It is a great size and perfect for it! I haven't done one for the pin Alice yet, but I did these other ones that are the same series. Beware, it can be addicting! I have over 300 bows at this point. But have fun with it!
62ed344b86d12d0fe89f6cde14822258.jpg
8cb59e238d144c9f4bfee6e88b0889c8.jpg

7a98942d21359240ad807be3c08ec25c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back