Escape from Epcot Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Jul 7, 2013.

1. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Time for a trivia opportunity. The first person to post the correct answer will get to ask a yes/no question that will be answered in the game.

What is the only pavilion in the World Showcase that is sponsored by the country it represents?

2. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

OOC: is it Morocco?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  3. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Yen Sid walks into the lab and finds the lab in utter chaos to the extent that he’s amazed that Bunsen and Beaker are able to get anything done. In fact, he's unable to find Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker at first.*

Yen Sid: 'Beaker? Dr Honeydew?'

Bunsen: 'Here, Yen Sid ... .'

Beaker: 'Meep Meep ... .'

Yen Sid: 'Ah good, there you are. I'd worried, when I saw the chaos of the lab. I thought my apprentice was disorganized, but the two of you make him appear ... .'

*Yen Sid shakes his head before continuing*

Yen Sid: 'I can see that you're working on a project, but I do need you to put everything aside and put a rush analysis on everything for this case, including the samples Vidia just brought in. We need to know something before we find more bodies.'

Bunsen: 'Yes, but, ah ...'

Yen Sid (glaring at him): 'That won't be a problem, will it?'

Beaker: 'Meep ... '

Yen Sid: 'That's what I thought. I shall be back shortly, unless you have results before, in which case call ... '

*Yen Sid's voice trails off as his phone rings unexpectedly.*

4. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar is just strolling along on his own since Ursula needed to go and cleanup. He is remembering the good times on the African plain before Simba made his return. Then when he was asked to move to the Animal Kingdom and take over things there. But the best memories of all were his time as Chief of DFI. He is just glad to finally have all his memories back.*

*Annoying guests keep coming up to him for pictures and autographs. He is just laughing inside as most are still barefoot. An announcement has been made for guests to pick up their shoes at the Living Seas...but with so many to sort through extra CMs have been called in.*

"See you must always...BE PREPARED!!"

*Scars impromptu outburst frightens a group of Japanese tourists passing by*

5. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Morocco is correct. You have 24 hours from now in which to ask your yes/no question. Just ask your question in the game thread (you can work the question into the game itself, but I would suggest asking it as an OOC for sure so I don't miss it). If you are unsure of what to ask, you can consult with your fellow detectives for ideas. Once the question is asked, it will be answered in the game thread.

6. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Since Jim has a bit of time to kill before lunch, he decides to walk the world showcase. He has never really spent much time on Earth, and it is interesting for him to see a little glimpse at the different countries the planet has to offer. He thinks that maybe one day he will visit some of them for real. Despite everything going on, Jim relishes these few moments of happiness and for once he isn't thinking about the clues. No doubt reality will bring everything crashing down soon enough...

7. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Si and Am are strolling along the world showcase. They gather quite the following as they weave in and around barefoot quests. They especially make sure to rub against the quest who look fearful. They catch up to the small white cat. Si goes to her right while Am flanks her to the left. "So little one" starts Si, "tell us about yourself"

8. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*As Ursula finishes cleaning up, she recieves a text to meet at the Japan Pavilion at Epcot for lunch. Maybe she would just take her time getting there. Just thinking of it brought back horrible memories of that place. Making sure that she had everything with her DFI-kit, she pondered about the latest turn of events and the evidence found thus far...

9. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

First pricking her ears to the right, and then to the left, Marie is happy to see that the two Siamese cats have come to talk to her. "Well," she begins, looking up at the one who had spoken last, "My name is Marie. I'm from France." She couldn't help but sound a little prideful at the mention of her home country. Marie thought France was the most beautiful place to live.

10. Zagales14

Zagales14 Duke Alex, Master Zapper

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Mater leaves the trolley refueling station found in the CMs only area of the park. Mater had asked the cast members where he could get some oil and they directed him there, given he was with the Yensid's group.

Mater: "Thanks fellers, that was delicious!"

He looks at his iphone and sees the new message from Yensid.

Mater: "Well, looks like I have me some time to look around. Maybe I can go to Test Track. Lightning Mcqueen would flip if he saw me there!!"

Mater heads to the Test Track attraction waving his tow line and saying "Watch out Test Track, Mater is fix-in to get funky!"

11. Aceastrococopuff

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

OOC: I have no idea what to ask... Hmmm, better figure this out...

12. movingthestars

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Finally Jim ends up in Japan. He wonders how much time there is left before dinner... And for once he is wondering where the other detectives are. It would be nice to have some company. He decides to go explore the store while he waits for the others to show up.

OOC: you can ask something like, is the killer female? Or is the killer human? Etc

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  13. Aceastrococopuff

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

OOC: I was thinking that, thanks for the tip. I have my question, my question is that is the killer a human?

14. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Vidia flies around the park on her way to Japan. As she flies, little children look up and point to her, but their parents just drag them along, rambling about how wonderful their imaginations are...

She flies through the many gift shops and restaurants, stirring trouble as she goes along. Once Vidia was satisfied with the amount of disturbance she had caused, she finally forced herself to get to Japan, where she waited for the rest of the detectives.

15. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Back at the lab, Yen Sid is on his phone with Disney security*

Yen Sid: 'Yes, yes, I see ... when? ... and what exactly seems to be the ... oh, so the ride operator didn't say, just that one of the concourses isn't working correctly ... yes, I see, but don't you think this is a job for Imagineering? ... very well, we'll stop by and take a look ... .'

*Yen Sid hangs up the phone and turns to leave. Before he does, Bunsen interrupts him.*

Bunsen: 'Before you leave, we were able to isolate trace from the notes you sent us. It was inconclusive, but we believe that many would say that the individual you're searching for is human.'

OOC: To answer your question, is the killer a human: that would be a qualified 'yes'.

16. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Si and Am were walking with Marie up to the Japanese Pavilion asking her all sort of questions.

"France" started Si, "what is so special about France?" questioned Am. They had walked justed walked through the France Pavilion and were unimpressed. "Do you have your own house to rule?" they asked at the same time.

They were happy to get to the Japanese Pavilion, seeing all that fish really worked up their appetite
    [​IMG]

17. Greenhpper

Greenhpper Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

As Abu and Carpet are searching for their buddies, they hear a low growling sound from nearby. They stop moving in order to better hear the sound but everything seems quiet. Moving into the next area of Morocco, they hear the same sound again but this time it's a little louder. They stop again, listening but don't hear anything. Just as they start to move again, the loudest growl of all occurs and they both start laughing hysterically as they realize it's Abu stomach! At this point, it is decided that is it time to go meet up for lunch and they both leave Morocco to go do so.

18. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

*Cue music Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated*

After having his Inator destroyed had upset Heinz until he found a clue. After feeling like he had done something right Dr Doofenshmirtz was determined to build a better CLUEINATOR. He decided INNOVENTIONS was just the place to find the parts he would need. Inspired he decided to work through lunch.

19. movingthestars

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Jim notices the tiny fairy fly into Japan. Vidia, was that her name? She reminds him a little of his own tiny friend who he left behind for this mission. Gathering his courage he walks under where she is flying. "Err.. Nice day isn't it?"

20. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Marie didn't quite know how to answer Si and Am about why France was special. It was her home, and until a few days ago it was the only place she had ever known. "I'm the lady of the house," she responded. "And I always make sure that my brothers do exactly as Mother says. My brothers are very troublesome; they probably aren't doing very well without me minding them."
    Marie was suddenly distracted by the abundance of koi fish as they reached Japan. Those fish swimming around and around and around sure were making her hungry. Marie made sure that the big pink bow around her neck was centered to distract herself. She could see in her reflection that the little bow atop her head was still holding up quite well. Satisfied with her appearance, Marie turned to the two Siamese cats. "What about you both? Where are you from?"

21. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

After wasting most of her money on stuff she didn't need, Vanellope realized that it was almost time to meet up with the other. She left the store and started to head over to Japan. She decided to have her stuff mailed to her hotel room as she didn't want to have to lug it around. She also kept her eyes open for anything suspicious, but found nothing. She did get hounded for autographs and pictures which were fun at first but got annoying quickly.

When Vanellope arrived in Japan, she noticed that a lot of the other detectives had already arrived. Even though she had already had lunch, she was starting to feel hungry again.

22. Greenhpper

Greenhpper Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Abu and Carpet arrive in Japan but don't see any of the others. Abu's stomach growls loudly again, so he decides to go to the little house place at the top of the stairs in the garden area. Going inside he goes up the counter and mimics slurping noodles. They give him a bowl of udon noodles which Abu happily accepts. He takes the soup outside to the koi pond to enjoy while he waits for the others. Carpet lazily flies around nearby.

23. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: The posting period has since ended and not everyone made the post count. Please proceed to dinner at Tokyo Dining, I will set the next death up and we will proceed from there.

24. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Yen Sid walks up to the podium outside of the Japan pavilion and greets the detectives assembled there. He nods at the greeter in acknowledgment, yes their entire party is present and they're ready to be seated. At her gesture, he leads everyone upstairs, where they're checked in again and accepts a pager which promptly vibrates. They are led to their table and seated.*

Yen Sid: 'I received a phone call from Disney security, requesting that we check out Soarin' - something about one of the concourses not functioning properly. Based upon their description, it sounds more like something that would be better suited to Imagineering. We will check it out, as a group, after we eat.'

*Yen Sid trails off as the server comes by with glasses of water and a pad to take their orders.*

OOC: For quick reference, here are the two menus for Tokyo Dining (regular and sushi): http://allears.net/menu/menu_tokyosushi.htm
    http://allears.net/menu/menu_tokyo.htm

25. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Belle walked into the restaurant just as Yen Sid arrived and breathed a sigh of relief that she wasn't late. As they were seated, she listened intently as Yen Sid updated them and informed them that they would be checking out Soarin' after their meal.

I certainly hope it's just a simple malfunction, Belle thought to herself, though she knew all too well she needed to prepare for the worst- especially considering the way things had been going.

She looked down at her menu and, not being much of a Sushi fan, decided to go with the Grilled Chicken.

OOC:
    movingthestars, I just had to say this totally made me smile - there are advantages to being from underrated movies in this game! :lol:

Totally have been enjoying the game so far- everyone makes it so fun to follow along! =) /end OOC