Escape from Epcot Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

While in soarin Indy went to the control room to test the movements of the lifts. While here he accidentally turns on the lights underneath the screen. When turning in the lights he sees a projection if some sort of body. When he goes to look at it his face goes pale, instantly he calls Yensid about the issue.

"Yen Sid, you need to get over here now! I found something fairly big.... I know why Dug wasn't at dinner, he is lying dead on the screen here."

with that Indy waits for the rest to show up here as he doesn't know what to do.

2. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Si and Am glance up as Marie and one of the humans (they all look alike to them) walk into the kitchen. As no one tried to take their dinner, they ignored them.

"Little one" hissed Si, "look quick" finished Am as they tossed a bite sized piece of fresh tuna at Marie's feet.

Si jumps to a nearby counter and knocks a carton of cream over. Am starts drinking leaving room for both Si and Marie.

3. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Having taken part in a satisfying little bit of mischief, Diablo decides to help search the restaurant. The kitchen is already being searched by the cats and the book princess, so he flies around the dining room close to the ceiling, searching in the high corners and on top of shoji screens.

Not finding anything, he glides out to the balcony to land on the railing and search for clues there.

4. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: ROFL at the chaos in the restaurant! I don't think I'll be able to go to Tokyo Dining without laughing now!

*Yen Sid was about to intercede before the disorder erupted into chaos, but his phone rang at that particular moment. He looked at the small phone, amazed that he got service in the restaurant at all.*

Yen Sid (on the phone with Indiana Jones): 'Yes Dr Jones ... you found who? ... I understand ... we're just wrapping up here ... '

*Yen Sid's trails off as he winces as Si knocks over an entire carton of cream.*

Yen Sid (on the phone with Indian Jones): ' ... wrapping up here before they throw us out of here, that is ... don't ask, you don't really want to know ... yes, we're on our way ... .'

*Yen Sid hangs up and speaks to the annoyed manager in a soothing manner*

Yen Sid: 'I apologize for my detectives, I really don't know what got into them. Unfortunately, we've been called away, so we will be departing. Everything will be set right, but by all means, send any charges you feel necessary to DSI.'

*Yen Sid turns to his detectives.*

Yen Sid: 'That phone call was Indiana Jones, we are needed at Soarin' promptly.'

*As Yen Sid leads the detectives out of the restaurant, he waves his hand, magically setting the place right, leaving nobody with a recollection that the chaos ever happened.*

5. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

*Cue Music Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated*

>Dr. Doofenshmirtz finally makes his way into the Soarin staging area<

"Mr.Jones Where are you? Oh there you ar...."

[​IMG]

>Heinz doesn't finish his sentence as he sees Dug and the crime scene.<

"Hold on let me turn on my Clueinator before anyone else gets here."

>He pushes the start button but nothing happens. He looks at the display screen and sees that the battery is dead.<

"I forgot to charge this thing. I have to find an outlet."

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  6. Greenhpper

Greenhpper Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

When the food is being served, Abu is relived that he is brought various fresh fruits and not plastic. He happily dives into his fruit, juices dripping everywhere. Upon discovery of the fish in the roll, Abu rolls his eyes especially when he sees who it is. Abu continues eating while listening and watching everyone's reactions. Yensid asks for everyone to go look for clues. Abu sees that the kitchen as well as the dining room and rafters are covered. Sighing, Abu goes to check out the restrooms as another popular way to dispose of fish is to flush them.

7. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

OOC: Did no one find a clue in the restaurant?

Diablo finds nothing on the balcony but some sparrows pecking around looking for crumbs. He asks, but they haven't seen anything unusual. He's just flying back inside when he hears Yensid's phone ring. He circles low around the wizard, listening intently. Another death?

He flies back into the kitchen, circles once around the book princess and the others to get their attention, then caws loudly and flies back out the kitchen door, indicating that it's time to go. It isn't safe to have anyone left behind!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  8. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

OOC* Sometimes an actual clue is replaced by a note...like in this case

*Scar leaving the restaurant has decided to put petty differences behind him....for now. As he is walking towards the Ferry to take the detectives across the lagoon, he can't help but think of the image of his love eating part of nemo.*

[​IMG]

"Ursula dear...these small pitiful beings do not realize just how powerful we are. i think a lesson is to be taught......yes, I agree that we need to solve this case first and I have an idea, but revenge will come....oh yes it will come."

OOC.That picture is by Hollie (fireheadfred) I laughed so hard when she did it for me that I had to share. It is great....I hope she doesn't mind.

9. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

Vanellope follows Diablo out of the kitchen, wondering what's happened. She sees Yensid addressing the others who weren't in the kitchen, then gets to ready to leave. Something must've happened at that Soarin' ride, Vanellope thinks. She hoped that whatever it, it wasn't overly serious. Ah, who was she kidding, it was going to be something serious and she knew it. Vanellope quickly follows the others out of the restaurant, wondering what awaits them at Soarin'.

OOC: That picture is awesome :lol:.

10. Zagales14

Zagales14 Duke Alex, Master Zapper

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Mater just watches and laughs as the chaos unfolds in the restaurant.

Then suddenly Yensid receives a phone calls and appears to be concerned about what Dr. Jones is telling him.

Mater: "Dat gun! Something must be wrong at that flying ride!"

He follows Yensid and the rest of the detectives as they file out of the restaurant and head to Soarin. As they leave, Yensid waves his hands and magically everything is back to normal.

Mater: "Boy, what was cool! (To Yensid): Do it again!"

Yensid gives Mater a quick sideways glance and shakes his head.

Mater sees that everyone is boarding the ferry and happily drives in behind them.

11. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Marie was extremely grateful for the tuna that Si and Am tossed her. She hadn't had a chance to eat much of her dinner, unfortunately. When Si knocked the carton of cream over, Marie hesitated only a moment before jumping beside Am to lap it up. The cream was delicious. Marie thought that cream might just be her favorite of drinks.

Pausing to lick the drops off of her whiskers, Marie notices Yen Sid had just finished speaking to someone on the phone, and is walking out. When the black bird circled the kitchen and cawed, Marie figured he was trying to get the other detectives to follow Yen Sid. With a sigh, Marie took just one more drink of the cream. Apparently, the detectives were needed at Soarin'.

12. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Jim walked into the kitchen in time to hear the note being read. Some of the detectives seemed more interested in the fish than in the clue. Jim made a face. His stomach felt queasy just thinking about sushi now.

Suddenly Yensid received a phone call. It looks like something went down over at Soarin'. He thought of the ride and it reminded him of what he loved best. He was suddenly nostalgic for the open air. He hurried out of the kitchen.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  13. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: Wally is correct, the only clue found at the restaurant was the note. And at any case, Nemo's death was a bit of a bonus, just to make the game a bit more ... um ... interesting. I just couldn't resist Nemo sushi ... and giving it to Si & Am was just perfect. Another, more conventional, clue will be found at the upcoming crime scene, which is Soarin'.

14. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*En route to Soarin', Yen Sid turns to the detectives and briefs them on the procedure involving investigating the attraction.*

Yen Sid: 'As you may or may not know, when our presence was first requested at this attraction, Disney security informed me that one of the concourses was malfunctioning, that the ski lift chairs were moving erratically and the seat belts weren't locking properly. Naturally, I assumed it was a problem for Imagineering, not us, but promised we would investigate it. When we were delayed at dinner, I sent Dr Jones on ahead, fully expecting this to be an Imagineering problem and he would be back before we were done investigating the scene. Doofenshmirtz has since joined Dr Jones at Soarin' to assist with his investigation. Clearly I was wrong, this was not - or not just - an Imagineering problem; Dr Jones called requesting assistance because ... '

*Yen Sid pauses as they pass uncomfortably close to a group of noisy and excited tourists. He resumes his explanation after they take the obligatory photos and sign autographs.*

Yen Sid (resuming where he left off): ' ... because they found Dug's body in the attraction. Once we arrive at Soarin', I need you to split up and investigate the attraction - and Dug's body - for anything out of the ordinary.'

*Yen Sid leads the detectives into The Land and straight into Soarin', which has been temporarily closed.*

15. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

The group of detectives that remained at the restaurant followed Yen Sid to Soarin'.

On the way, he told them of the recent death of Dug and why the were originally called for help.

Vidia wondered if maybe the spastic movements of the ride were done by the murderer...

16. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

*Cue Music...Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated*

Heinz finally finds an outlet to charge his Inator.

"I guess I will have to do this the old fashioned way."

He begins to search each Soarin ride vehicle. He starts with the front rows and works his way back.

17. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Si and Am finished their dinner with a big stretch. They did a brief (by their standards) wash and followed the group out of the restaurant.

"Perfect" started Si as they climbed into a seat on the ferry, "time for a nap" concluded Am. They curled up together and were asleep in seconds.

A brief catnap was all that was needed, the awoke fresh and ready to go when the boat docked and entered the Land with the rest of the group. As they walked toward Soarin' they heard CM's muttering about the signs in the greenhouse. Grinning at each other, they "high tailed" and strolled into Soarin'.

[​IMG]

OOC: Story - borrow them anytime :)

18. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Entering into The Land Scar is not overly pleased to be here. He sees the theater featuring the Circle of Life film*

"I really was disappointed when they seemed to want to feature my idiot nephew whn making that film. I should have been the star."

*Scar heads for Soarin instead. Upon entering he sees the clueless scientist down on his hands and knees searching for clues. Scar also spots the scientist's ne Inator plugged nearby and charging. As Scar walks by he "accidently" unplugs the contraption.

"We definitely don't need that thing causing more chaos."

19. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Jim arrives at Soarin' with the other detectives. He feels sad to hear that it is Dug's murder they will be investigating. That dog was always so friendly. He thinks about less friendly members of their party he would have-- no, he needs to concentrate on the task at hand. He starts looking around and asks the detectives near him, "So, do you have any ideas about who might be doing this? I have a few..."

20. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Trailing behind Yen Sid, Marie is saddened to learn that Dug had been murdered. Although he was a dog, he seemed to be a rather friendly one. Marie sighed before noticing that that she had fallen behind. She hurried to catch up; she doesn't want to take any chances.

Arriving at Soarin' with the others, Marie watches as Scar unplugs the one human's machine. She frowns. She really didn't care for the machine, but Duchess always taught her to not touch what wasn't yours. Marie's trail of thought was broken by one of the humans standing nearby. She thinks he had asked if anyone had an idea of who the murderer was. Marie sadly shook her head no.

21. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*After all the shenanigans following lunch at the tokyo resturaunt, the group is called to the Land. The unexpected discovery of the talking dog is unfortunate but no worse then finding out you ate a celebrity fish. "At least he was a tasty morsel"
    Going on, she readies her dfi kit and a body bag for the poor unfortunate soul. Not before taking off his collar and placing it Marie.

22. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Marie was careful to stay a good distance from the poor dog. She was glad to see that Ursula volunteered herself to inspect the body and take care of the body bag. Perhaps Marie would go investigate the chairs and seat-belts in the simulation room. She seemed to recall Yen Sid mentioning their malfunction.

Marie was puzzled when Ursula suddenly approached her. All too late, she realized the sea witch's intentions. Despite her best hissing and protesting, Marie found herself suddenly wearing a thick, heavy collar. Attempting to lunge at Ursula, claws extended, Marie instead fell face first onto the ground. The collar was heavy! How did poor Dug ever walk? Struggling to balance herself, Marie hissed again at Ursula, who by now was cackling as she headed back over to Dug. Marie was humiliated. A lady would never wear a dog's collar. Marie wasn't sure if revenge was very lady like, but she reasoned that in some circumstances it would be perfectly acceptable.

23. frozenlanterns

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

OOC/Edit: Sorry, double post.

24. frozenlanterns

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

While Vidia continued to search for clues, she saw the odd octopus woman do something rude to that little kitten again.
    Ursula took Dug's Cone of Shame and put it on poor Marie!

As much as Vidia wanted to do more to her, she merely flew over, thumped Ursula on the forehead, and flew away.

"Calm yourself," Vidia said to herself, "No need to waste time on that jiggly fish." And with that, she continued her search.

25. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Si and Am saw the big cat unplug the crazy human toy. They saw Marie further up the corridor and hiss to her "keep watch".

Si and Am circled the crazy human toy. Using a razor sharp claw, Si cut the electrical cord so it couldn't be recharged. Am pulled a green wire out and traded it with the yellow wire Si had. They switched a couple more wires and clawed other ones out. "Turn us blue - never again" they said in unison.

As they strolled back toward the rest of the group, Am used her claw to slice through the collar on Marie.