Escape from Epcot Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Jul 7, 2013.

1. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

OOC* One other thing I am trying to remember...what were the names of the restaurant staff? i forgot to write it down and can't find the page.

2. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

Vanellope is back at her room, relaxing, when she hears her phone go off. She looks at it and saw that she has a text from Jim. Sounds like he found out something Vanellope thinks to herself. She quickly opens up the text, excited to have another clue. "Hmm, no fingerprints," she says. Vanellope takes out a pad of note paper and writes down the new information.

3. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Back at the Innkeepers Club lounge, Yen Sid is relaxing and enjoying a cup to tea while going over the case file in front of him. He technically shouldn't be in here, as the lounge closed at 10.00 PM, but he couldn't sleep and what's the point of having magic if you can't open a lock. He did receive the text from Jim with the additional information from the lab and thanked both DSI and Jim for it. He's just about to head back to his room and attempt sleep again when his phone rings.*

OOC: Sorry for the delays in posting. I've had horrible connection problems, not sure if it's the forums or my Internet. I actually have to post this from my phone as my iPad decided not to work today - talk about the perfect storm. I will update the game as I can, please bear with me.

4. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*Sitting in bed, Ursula takes down the notes she has accumulated in her DFI-pad. Just what does he/she stand to gain from all thi. Mickey's and Minnie's dissappearance followed by the theft of a magical hat(no wonder yensid seems more tense then usual). Now the quest for a map for who knows what. "Off to bed, I can think about this in the morning" shutting down the tablet and placing an eye patch over her eyes.

5. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Finally arriving back to her room, Marie leaps onto the bed. She is exhausted. Circling around her pillow, she had just found the perfect spot to sleep when her phone beeps. "A human without fingerprints, how odd!" With a yawn, Marie decides that she can ponder over the murderer in the morning. For now, she needs some well deserved rest.

6. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Posting period has ended. I need to recount to be sure, but several detectives haven't made it. Once I confirm, I'll find out who the next victim is with the randomizer and send out information to the unlucky soul and proceed with setting up the next death.

7. Zagales14

Zagales14 Duke Alex, Master Zapper

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

A couple of hours pass and Mater is snoring away in the same corner where he had been writing his notes.

Suddenly Mater feels the vibration of his phone letting him know he had a new message.

He jumps up in surprise, wipes a bit of drool off the side of his mouth and with squinting eyes he reads the message.

Mater: "A human without fingerprints, well thats like a car without tire marks!"

It then occurs to Mater that perhaps the human wears some kind of disguise over his/her hands.

Mater: "Well, that sure is a smart feller right there!"

When he glances at the clock on his phone he notices its quite late.

He suddenly feels awfully alone and decides to turn on his rockets in order to get to his room faster.

He activates his rockets and without a second thought is off and driving.

***********OOC: How do we go about venturing a guess as to who the killer is?**********

8. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Ooc. Just send a Pm to Stef... But once its sent its official.

9. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

After leaving the scene of Dug's murder with the other detectives, Belle was more than ready to turn in for the night. She was unsettled by Dug's death, thinking back to the canine's bravery during the previous investigation that led them to Maleficent. The thought of that witch and the fact that someone else as vile as her was still on the loose made Belle's blood boil and her heart swell with determination. For Dug and the other victims, they needed to end this madness.

But were they even close?

Belle arrived at her new room and opened the door rather hesitatingly. She turned on the light and inched her way to the edge of the bed. Pulling back the sheets rapidly, she sighed relieved that nothing was there.

"What was I expecting anyway?" She laughed nervously to herself. "When did I become so easily spooked"-

She cut short and let out a yelp when she heard a sound and roller her eyes at her paranoia when she realized a Doyle second later that it was only her phone.

"Get a hold of yourself, belle," she muttered under her breath chidingly as she opened the phone. Belle read the clue Jim had sent- no fingerprints...

Belle quickly added the clue to the rest of her notes. She sat down on the bed and dialed her home number, hoping to have the chance to catch up with her prince, or simply hear his voice. When there was no answer, she sighed and decided to put her time to good use by looking over her notes.

OOC: I still have no clue regarding the killer, but I'm excited to see people are already getting ideas. VIP or not, I personally am terrible at mysteries :doh: :lol:

10. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: I'm happy that people are getting into the game - and are developing ideas of who they think the killer might be.

*Yen Sid glances at the number on his phone, mentally sighs, and answers it. By now, he recognizes the number as belonging to Disney security and he's really hoping that whatever it is can wait until morning. He really just wants a few hours asleep before facing what tomorrow has to offer, but he has a sinking feeling that isn't going to happen.*

Yen Sid (on the phone): '... yes, this is Yen Sid ... yes, I understand you've found something odd, but do you realize that it's late, we've had a long day, and we're almost certain to have another long one tomorrow, we need to get some sleep, can't you have security check it out? ... oh, I see ... in that case, we'll be right over ... where are we going? ... fine, we'll be on our way over to Test Track as soon as possible.'

*Yen Sid hangs up the phone and sends the following text to all detectives, using magic to make sure all of them hear it*

I apologize for the dreadful hour, but please meet me inside the Innkeepers Club Lounge at your soonest convenience. I have arranged for it to be open, no food, but emergency coffee and tea. It seems that we must investigate Test Track tonight and we will need the caffeine, I am sure. Once we have assembled, we will head over together.

11. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Jim sits up suddenly, grasping the side of the bed as he hears Yen Sid's message. He was drifting in and out of a restless sleep anyways, so it doesn't bother him much as he dresses in a hurry. He hops on his solar surfer (thank goodness it is still charged from when he was outside earlier) and heads to the Inkeepers Club Lounge.

OOC: Wally you guessed?! I'm dyyyyying... okay not literally I'm sure because I didn't send in a guess...

12. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*It seems only a few minutes went bye and when Ursula was woken by the emergency phone/text alarm from her DFI-phone. "Test-track, still haven't rode it not that I ever planned to...." As she readied herself, she grabbed her DFIkit before heading ou the door.

"What in Hades name would have us investigate qt this late hour...

Ooc-did I make the post count? I think I was one off...

13. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: The next victim has been notified by PM. If you haven't received a message, you are in the clear. I will send out additional information to continue the game, lead everyone to Test Track, and start a new post count once the forums come back on line (whenever that is).

14. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Si and Am awake from a deep sleep to a message to meet at the lounge. Thirsty for some cream, they give a long stretch and head for the powder room. They take turns using the circular paper scratcher, they have a feeling they will need their claws at the test track.

Satisfied they head out.

15. Greenhpper

Greenhpper Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

One the scene at Soarin' is wrapped up, most of the detectives head back to their rooms. Abu not only isn't tired but he's hungry again. Abu urges Carpet out into Epcot to round up some treats. As they cruise along, Abu notices several shiny objects on the ground and has Carpet swoop in. Snatching the items he finds that he has grabbed a couple pins. OOoooo, he exclaims until he notices the inferior quality. Still he hangs onto them for now and stuffs them into a pouch. The duo continue to fly around at a low altitude, startling many guests as they pass by. Eventually, they find some snacks and decide to take in the fireworks before turning in.

16. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Vidia received a new message from Jim

"No fingerprints? Hmm, gloves could be a possibility, but this is Disney. What if this is a bigger being? Magical, perhaps?" she thought to herself.

Exhausted half to death, Vidia decided to try some of this human stuff called "coffee". It tasted disgusting, but it kept her awake. She reluctantly drank some more while waiting for everyone to gather together so they could head over to Test Track.

OOC: DPF has been horrible today!!! 12 hours of no connection :( Luckily, I made the post count (I think).

I have an idea of who the killer is, but I'm not confident enough to make a guess. Just to make sure, do rookies get killed if they make a false accusation?

17. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

OOC: Yes. If you make a false accusation, your character dies (in story). You come back as a ghost, so you can still post and interact with the story, you just can't make any more guesses.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  18. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo has caught a bit of a nap when his phone goes off yet again. Reading the text from Yensid, he sighs and preens his feathers a bit before flying off to the lounge to meet the others.

He sees the purple pixie trying out some coffee; he thinks he'll try some too, and waves a wing politely at the waiter, who brings him a shallow wide cup of the dark, bitter-smelling stuff. He takes a sip and COUGH COUGH CROAK COUGH COUGH. He looks wide-eyed at the pixie, as if to ask, ​how do they drink this?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  19. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

Vanellope was sleeping soundly, dreaming of racing, when she hears her phone go off. She looks at it and sees it's a message from Yensid. Looks like they're needed at the Test Track and are going to meet in the lounge. Vanellope gets out of bed, grabs her notepad and heads to the lounge. She sees that some of the detectives have already arrived. Vanellope is exhausted after what went on, so she decides that drinking some coffee would do her some good, even if she doesn't like it. She makes sure to put in tons of sugar to help with the taste.

20. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar is awaken with a message that they will be making their way back to Epcot, but in his mind it is way too early. Still he makes his way to join the others. Walking in the room everyone stops and stares at Scar's majestic prescence. Scar walks over to the raven.*

SCAR: "My dear CROW...you do realize I know your mistress. we have shared many a table at villain conferences. Now would she be happy if she knew her minion had turned into a goody two shoes??....I think not. Now think about that the next time you peck at me."

*Scar then turns to the pixie nearby.* "And you my dear may end up under a jar with a small child looking in at you for a pet."

21. frozenlanterns

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Vidia saw Diablo's expression about the coffee, and she couldn't agree more. She rolled her eyes at the foolish humans that were basically poisoning themselves.

One by one, the other detectives continued to trickle in. Eventually, they were joined by Scar, who apparently had some thoughts he needed to get off his chest.

Vidia heard Scar's snide comment to and about her, and she was no longer going to hide her annoyance with him (not that she ever was).

"Oh, really?" she said to him, "Well, I'd be careful if I were you, sweetie, because if you keep it up, you'll end a throw rug."

And in the heat of her rage, Vidia threw the rest of her coffee onto Scar.

22. frozenlanterns

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

OOC: I only have one guess as to who it may be and it is a female. Although, I am starting to convince myself that it could also be a different male...

Wally, the names were Christina and Edward, I think.

23. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

ooc - ya back up - I was at a conference and thought it was my phone

24. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*By the time Ursula tredged up to the inn keepers club, she was awake to witness the little pixie splashing a cup of water of hot coffee onto her beloved. Giving a sigh, she was too tired to put up much of a fight at this time of night. The sea witch first magic-ed away the coffee off of Scar before it burned him even further. Taking her amulet she summoned all the pixie dust away from the brat of a pixie, which had her fall on the table. Ursula then placed an empty glass over her followed by a few books that were by the side table. "You'll get out of there, just not until we leave..."

25. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Marie was peacefully asleep and dreaming of her home when her phone beeped and startled her awake. Marie hoped that whoever texted her had a very good reason. When she saw it was from Yen Sid, she couldn't help but sigh. That meant she'd actually have to get up and get out of bed at this ungodly hour. Drearily, she heads down to the Innkeepers Club Lounge.

When Marie arrived, she thought she saw the sea witch trap the pixie under a glass. Blinking a few times, Marie was little shocked to see that it had actually happened, and wasn't a figment of her imagination due to lack of sleep. Marie quickly hopped onto the table and pushed the glass and books to the floor. The glass shattered loudly, drawing much more attention to herself than Marie had anticipated.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013