Escape from Epcot Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Jul 7, 2013.

1. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Si and Am were enjoying their meal, only a Cat could think of a fish dish this delicious. But the ambiance was very noisy, all that screaming. At least the large cat next to them was in charge, they listened carefully to his sensible comments as they were not involved in the first case.

They followed the crowd over to a table where it appeared there was something more that lamb on a dish.

2. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

post 1

*To put it bluntly, the sea witch was slightly dissappointed in her stew; unlike the last time she had the greek dish, this one seemed to be missing the namesake component. Glancing about, she spied the liitle crow eating what appeared to be calamari. Glaring at him out of principle, she didn't mind too much; it might have even been her sister which would have been delightful. Thinking back to the last case, Ursula had to appreciate Yensid for his work ethic, at least he was far more engaged and productive then the wannabe emporor. She did question if it was ethical to be in charge of a case in that he was the missing victim's guardian at one point. Maybe Scar would be promoted back to chief if this was brought up...

Just then a scream pierced the resturaunt, she gazed toward it as a guest clutched her mouth, the other patrons at the table gesturing for a CM. Yensid told the detectives that this probably needed a closer look, the mismatch group then trying nonchalantly approach the table. This was hard when you had a mad scientist and a proud lion trying to fight their way toward the front (men, sigh)...

As the group approached the table, she noticed the guest was already being tended to by Christine and Edward. Looking down at the source of distress, she noticed that the dish wasn't a too unusual protein addition when mixed in with the beans. An indescribable insectoid, not that you could make out what type with the frayed clothes covering parts of it. Already dissapointed by her dinner choice, she picked up a broken leg and plopped it into her mouth. Not bad, crunchy...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  3. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Dug stopped his point once the others realized where to go. He trotted over to the table.
    The ear piercing scream now stopped, he felt safe approuching.
    While the otgers were occupied staring at the contents if the plate... * so it was a bug.. he ate bugs often enough.*
    Dug began sniffing lightly around the distraught guest.

"Point point!!!" He barked with his collar trying maddly to keep up.

" I have found this paper. It does not smell like the screaming lady at all."

He gingerly grabed the folded letter in his teeth and shakes it open.

" oh no. I cannot read! Oh biy I do need some help. Can you help me fishie lady?"
    Dug holds the letter out to Ursula in his mouth. Tail wagging vigorously.

Ooc; don't mind tge typos. Sent from my not so smart phone

4. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo has just noticed the pair of Siamese cats eyeing him hungrily when a piercing scream makes him jump. Ruffling his feathers in indignation, he looks around and follows the talking dog to the table.

Perching on a chair he sees what the others do, the remains of an insect...who wore clothes? Those aren't usually the kind you're supposed to eat, he thinks!

Just then the dog finds a paper and hands it to the sea-lady. Diablo flutters up to the chandelier, trying to get a look over her shoulder.

5. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

Vanellope, along with the other detectives, headed over to where the screaming was coming from. By the time she got there, the screaming had stopped, but the lady who had been screaming still looked horrified. At first, Vanellope couldn't really see what was wrong, until she noticed something unusual about the lady's food. There were bits of a bug in it, a bug that looked like it had worn clothes. "That's... really disgusting," she mumbled to herself. What kind of food were they serving here?

She noticed her yellow dog friend find a note and hand it to that octopus lady. Hopefully it would give them some clues as to what was going on.

6. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Yensid looks over at Ursula as she pops an insect leg into her mouth with a raised eyebrow and an indecipherable expression on his face. He is in complete agreement with Diablo on this one ... you aren't supposed to eat insects who wear clothes. And those clothes looked like they belonged to ... . Yensid leans in closer to see the note that Dug handed to Ursula and reads the following message:

I just want what the Green Witch promised me
    If I’d left the Conscience alive, it would never let me be
    I will do what I must to get it and I won’t stop until I’m done
    If any of you get in my way, I will pick you off one by one

*As soon as Yensid finishes reading this note, Christina returns to the understandably upset woman, assures her that her meal will be on the house, and asks her if she can get her a different entree. As Christina departs to get a menu, Yensid gravely and quietly turns to the other detectives:*

Yensid: 'This entire restaurant must now be considered a crime scene, but we need to search for the source of the crime ... where Jiminy Cricket likely met his demise and was cooked into this poor woman's dinner: the kitchen. When you get to the kitchen, split up into groups and search the space thoroughly.*

OOC: More information going out, check your inboxes.

7. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

As Yensid finished reading the note, Vidia continued to think over the clue,

"I just want what the Green Witch promised me

If any of you get in my way, I will pick you off one by one"

Hmmm... what did Maleficent promise them???

"I'll think more about this later." she thought.

Vidia decided to join her fellow winged creature and started on her way to the kitchen with the raven that responded to the name of Diablo.

8. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*As Ursula stood oblivious to the stares she was receiving, Dug the talking canine passed a note he had found under a few plates.
    "You can't read dearie, I'll read it to everyone..."

I just want what the Green Witch promised me
    If any of you get in my way, I will pick you off one by one

[​IMG]
    When Yensid pronounces that the pieces of insect are that of Jiminy Cricket, she has a quick trip of guilt, which disappears as soon as it came. Putting a cover back on its plate, Ursula asks the wizard if there is a DSI LAB available to send the remaining pieces to. Turning to Dug, she responds to him, "I can offer you the ability to read for a small price..." conjuring her DFI-kit, she let's Scar know she is ready to investigate the kitchen. "I'm ready when you are pookie..."

OOC- At work till late, touch screens don't really work well..

9. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*After listening to his Undersea angel read out the note, he agrees with Ursula that they would be the best team to investigate the kitchen. Besides the fact that the kitchen is likely the main crime scene and you want the best looking in on the main crime scene, he is also still hungry as what little he ate was not fulfilling.*

SCAR to URSULA:

"Ok dear....when we get in the kitchen you should investigate the fish section of the line and I will investigate the meat section. If any cooks give you lip and won't let you do your job, just call me. I eat chefs like Gordon Ramsey for breakfast, so I know I can deal with a few line cooks."

*With that the couple enter into the heart of any restaurant....the kitchen.*

10. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

(OOC: I wrote a whole post and DPF are it! Apologies if this goes through twice...)

Diablo listens to the post as it is read aloud. Oh, Mistress, he thinks, shaking his head. What did you promise some poor fool now?

The wizard is right, he thinks; there must be clues in the kitchen. Probably someone started the fire to create a diversion! Maleficent always liked fire a lot...

Still eyeing all the cats, Diablo decides it's safer to stay near the dog right now. He flies low over the dog's head with a friendly clicking sound as they both pass through the door held open by the wizard.

11. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

*Cue Music DOOFENSHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATED

*As DR. Doofenshmirtz observes the mayhem going on around him he has an inner admiration for whoever is behind the evilness of all the evil. He listens to the letter and instructions for investigating the scene. Deciding that the kitchen may be the best place to start, but then he sees that the lion is headed in that direction. Instead he decides to interview the witress that brought out the buggy dish in the first place.*

"So Christina...first what is your full name for the record? (suddenly his brain is stuck for the next question)....Ohhhhh how does Perry do this? how does he get me to always reveal my plans....I got it...

TELL ME YOUR PLOT TO TAKE OVER THE TRI STATE AREA!!!???!!!"

[​IMG]

12. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: I'm really loving the character developments and interactions so far. I can't wait to see if Dug takes Ursula up on her offer of the ability to read ... hehehe ... .

13. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*When the detectives walk into the kitchen, it appears to be a normal, busy space ... part of it semi-on stage, part of it off stage - and all of it appears sparkling clean and in immaculate condition.*

Yensid: 'I want everyone to split up and search this space - both on stage and off - thoroughly but carefully. Do not go off alone; in times like this, one cannot be too careful. Leave no proverbial stone unturned. If you find anything of interest, no matter how unlikely, let me know immediately.'

*Yensid leaves the detectives to divide themselves up and start their search of the kitchen while he goes to talk with the kitchen manager.*

OOC: Information has gone out; again, check your inboxes if you haven't already done so.

14. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Marie is concerned that the black bird keeps staring at her, but she shakes it off when they head into the kitchen. She tilts her head as she listens to Yensid's instructions. Hopping a few steps forward, she crouches down to peer underneath the main stoves. She can't help but be disappointed to see that even underneath is spotlessly clean.

15. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

As the group splits up Si and Am decide to follow the big cat into the kitchen. They barely restrained from chasing the bird as he takes off with the dog. "Later" hisses Si, "agreed" Am replied glancing at both of them

They strolled into the kitchen, and started to examine the burned area, whiskers twitching

16. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

OOC: I'm really sorry if some of my messages end up showing up more than once. DPF isn't cooperating with my computer and I'm really struggling to load the thread and post messages.

17. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

Vanellope listens intently as Yensid reads the letter out loud. She starts to get really nervous; whoever wrote this, they mean business. Although she never knew that Jiminy Cricket person(or bug), she felt really bad that something like this happened to him. She notices the others heading towards the kitchen. She runs after them, trying to catch up to the yellow dog and the large, black bird. They enter the kitchen, Vanellope hoping that they would find something that would help with the investigation.

OOC: I haven't gotten anything in my inbox.

18. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar is walking around the kitchen noticing how clean everything is. He does however spot a large side of beef that has been roasted perfectly and is waiting to be sliced and served to the guests in the dining area. He rips off a large chunk and eats it with his bare paw....no forks or knives for this King of the Jungle. wiping the grease on a nearby cook. *
    "Now where should I search for clues? I think I will start in the meat storage area."

[​IMG]

19. Greenhpper

Greenhpper Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Abu has just finished his first banana when the screaming begins. Sighing heavily as he already knows what this means, he hops off his chair and ignoring the screams heads for the kitchen. He doesn't see much that stands out to him so he decides to climb up to the high shelves to get a better vantage. While up there he becomes distracted by a jar of cookies.

OOC: DPF is not behaving for me. Hoping it gets better :(

20. Zagales14

Zagales14 Duke Alex, Master Zapper

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

When Mater receives his soup he looks at it a bit perplexed. He inserts a straw, makes sure he has some water, in case it tastes anything like the pistachio ice cream from Japan, and takes a sip. He then realizes he does not like this soup and looks around to see if he can spit it out, but as there are detectives to both of his sides, he spits it back into the straw and looks around to make sure no one saw that.

Suddenly Mater is taken back when there is a loud scream.

Mater: "Boy, last time I heard a scream like that was when Doc and I ran into the Banshee."

But before Mater gets too far into his story he realizes no one is around him.

He moves closer to the poor screaming woman and looks on her plate and sees what looks like a green bug. Mater then says to himself: "Even the bugs here look different than in Radiator Springs."

He then sees that the friendly dog has a note that he is giving to the weird fish lady to read.

Yensid begins to read and clarifies to everyone that the person behind this was promised something from Maleficent and poor Jiminy was in their way.

Mater looks around to see everyone's reactions as he remembers Finn and Ms Holly telling him that watching and listening is one of the best skills for a detective.

When Yensid instructs someone that the kitchen is now a crime scene Mater says "Well I dont wanna brag or nothin, but I got me a black fan belt and Im pretty good at this "detecting" stuff.

He notices that everyone is heading into the kitchen and decides to follow along.

21. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

As Indiana was eating his dinner and listening to Yensid he hears the scream. Once Yensid decides to get the group to split up, Indy decides to follow the tentacle lady as she seems to know what she is doing... As he is looking though the kitchen he doesn't notice anything really out of place which suprised him greatly as there seemed to be chaos 5 minutes earlier.

OOC: Haven't received anything in my inbox

22. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Dug stays by the table, sniffing and wuffling about underneath, and around the dishes. He did his job, he found the note. He is very proud of himself.

23. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Jim watches the dog find the letter, and then ponders the contents.

What would Maleficent promise to someone... And why? She is already so powerful, and she has no friends.... This person she made the promise to must have had something very powerful to give in return to warrant a promise from Maleficent.

Just then Yensid suggests they start the investigation in the kitchen. Jim follows after the other detectives, still mulling over the letter.

As the other detectives begin to search, Jim decides to look somewhere not already occupied. He notices a large cooking pot. It reminds him of the one that Silver used to use to cook for the crew on the Legacy. He smiles fondly at the memory. He approaches the pot, which is sitting on the counter next to one of the stoves. Suddenly he sees something wedged in between the pot and the stove. What could it be...

He reaches down and picks up the folded piece of paper. He unfolds it to find... A MAP. Suddenly this story feels very familiar. It is a well-worn and clearly used map for Epcot. He cannot even begin to count the creases.

Somehow, I don't think this one leads to the loot of a thousand worlds, he laughs to himself. Maybe a worker who was planning their next park outing dropped it?

Well, Yensid did say to bring him anything we found, so I suppose I had better find him...

Jim spots Yensid by the freezer and clears his throat. "This may be nothing but then again..." Jim trails off, handing Yensid the map.

OOC: posting from my phone, I'm sorry if my signature is showing now and in sorry for no formatting here.

24. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

*Cue music... Doofenshmirtz evil incorporated.*

Having gotten nothing from his brief interview except funny looks....Doof to join the others in the kitchen. Upon entering he sees it is a little crowded. On the side he sees a monkey and decides to join him.*

" Hey monkey what did I miss?"

Not getting a reponse Dr Doof goes into one of his longwinded stories...

"Believe it or not I know what it feels like to be a monkey. Once when the circus came through my little town my mom sold me to get money to send my brother Roger to camp. YEP Its true I spent the next six months with dog fur gluex to my body and being the Monkey Boy in the side show."

25. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

While looking in the kitchen he looks through the kitchen window to see that talking dog at the table...

"Oh, what's his name... Dud or something."

Indiana Jones slips out of the crowd and out of the kitchen to go see if the talking dog had any more info from looking around the table.