Escape from Epcot Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Dug, not really a morning puppy, wakes with the alarm and does the morning ruotine without much thought. Then heads towards the boardwalk Inn. Quiet this morning, he doesnt say hello to the few people he see's. His thoughts mostly revolving around what sort of breakfast they might be providing for him when he arrives.

With a huge yawn, Dug enters the Boardwalk Innkeepers club. His bared teeth briefly mistaken by one of the clerks as menacing, at least until he tells them goodmorning midway through the yawn.

He woofs a hello at the other detective folk, grabs a slab of steak delicately in his teeth, then lays down on the floor next to the Archaeologist's feet. He likes this man who smells like earth and the real world. Not like the tiny pixie who's dust makes him sneeze. He happily gnaws on his t-bone steak, surprisingly mess free. a Clerk from the desk brings him a small bowl of water, and even dabs a tiny bit of steak juice from his chin for him. With a smile, the clerk scratches him behind the ears before taking the remains of his very chewed up bone away.

The Dog lifts smiling, gentle eyes to the clerk as they leave, and then to the Archeaologist briefly before turning his attention to Yensid. As patiently as possible he waits for the rest of the group to show up. however, being a dog, he is either going to fall asleep, or fidget.... He just cannot figure which it will be yet.

2. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I've not been able to get online all day. I have taken these difficulties into account with this posting period, which has ended, and made my decision accordingly.

*After the detectives arrive, serve themselves, and are seated, Yensid stands up and starts speaking*

Yensid: ‘Good morning, everyone. As you may have gathered, time is of the essence, so I will get straight to the point: I spent a good part of the night performing a complicated magical analysis on the map we recovered at dinner from Kouzzina’s kitchen. As you know, I was certain that Maleficent was not working alone and the analysis on the park map confirmed it. The residual ... energy ... I detected on the map matched a one I have felt in the parks before. I just don’t know who it belongs to - but the fact that it’s an Epcot map: it now confirms that we have a starting point of where to resume our search. Once we have finished breakfast, I suggest we depart for Epcot, where we will split up into groups and quietly start searching the park without arousing the suspicions of the day guests.’

*Yensid and the other detectives didn’t notice that one detective had slept in until an ear-piercing shriek tears through the corridor. Yensid glances at the other detectives and, without a word, walks out of the Innkeepers Club Lounge and into the hallway, following the sound of the screams into Belle’s room, assuming the other detectives will follow. Without bothering to knock, Yensid waves his hand over the RFID and the door opens; everyone can see Belle still in bed screaming, but the bed clothes are soaked in blood.*

OOC: More information coming, check your inboxes.

OOC: Sorry about using/borrowing Belle; I just needed to use a detective that I knew wasn't at breakfast.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Marie snapped to attention when Yensid starting talking about the map. She briefly wished that she too was able to perform magic before zoning back in onto what Yensid was saying about heading to Epcot. Still perched on her chair, she visibly cringed and crouched down to protect her belly as an earsplitting scream cut through the corridor.

Hopping to the ground, Marie followed Yensid to Belle's room. She fell back into a sitting position at the sight of all the blood soaking her bed clothes. Poor Belle. Marie wrinkled her nose at the metallic smell of the blood, and turned to Yensid to see what she was supposed to do next.

4. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

Cue Music* DOOFENSHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATED

[​IMG]

*Having stayed up most of the night studying graphs and planning a few new Inators, Dr Doofenshmirtz is not overly happy when he is awaken by a scream just down the hall. looking at the clock and realizing he has also missed breakfast put him in an even worse mood. Making his way out of his room he sees some of the group from the previous night enter a nearby room. He decides it would be best to join them and see what is going on. Entering the room behind a few of the others he sees a hysterical women and a bloody mess.*

Doof to no one in general. " Oh boy is housekeeping not going to like that. It's going to be a real BEAST to clean."

OOC: My comment doesn't mean that is Beast ...I don't know...just seemed like a good pun. I had PC trouble checking in last night so I may have missed the count. If I did couldn't be helped and I may die.

5. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: I'll put everyone out of his/her misery now and let you know that due to the problems posting (um, I couldn't even get on for most of yesterday), I've given all players a reprieve for this posting period. It didn't seem fair to kill someone when I couldn't even get on to post. Information has gone out to someone to continue the scene and more will go out a little later, once the scene reaches a certain point.

6. Mermaid's_grotto

Mermaid's_grotto aka Damu

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

OOC: I'm finding it difficult to login & then post so can share everyone's frustrations. Doesn't help when you do post and you end up elsewhere, even had to reformat this as it was lost :facepalm:

Merryweather had pondered over last nights events, she had stayed in the dining room to observe the staff, but their attention was mainly focused on calming their distraught guest. She had to admit she was disgusted that the sea witch had eaten part of the evidence and wondered if the mysterious kitchen fire had played a part in the cricket's demise.

At the revelation that Maleficent did indeed have an accomplice, it didn't at all surprise her, even though that one could be questioned on her ability to keep promises, Merryweather knew the Evil Fairy had good follow through, no matter how much time it would take.

On her way to meet the others at breakfast she grabbed a pot of tea and some yoghurt and listened to Yensid's findings. She knew how wise and practical the sorcerer was and agreed for the investigation to be carried out successfully, they could not afford to have guests unwillingly causing them unwanted attention. Barely taking a spoonful of yoghurt, she hears the scream and grumbles "Oh what now?!" Setting her spoon down, she conjures herself a biscuit, dunking it in her tea to eat on her way.

Merryweather walked behind the small kitten, who she found to be very ladylike for one so young and approved of her good breeding. Unlike those mangy cats who enjoyed knocking over things a little too much...
    [​IMG]
    She swallowed on seeing those bedsheets, no wonder Belle had woken up screaming. Frowning at the man in the lab coat, Merryweather pushed back her sleeves, questioning was there a body?

7. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

When the group heard the scream, they quickly went to see where it had come from. When they saw Belle surrounded by the blood, Vidia quickly flew around to see if there were any clues, and where the blood had come from.

"Maybe there is no body. Perhaps this is just to scare us!"
    she thought to herself. "Man, this whole murder thing is getting to be a real pain."

OOC: I don't really think this game is a pain, I just thought it would be something Vidia would say. Just to clarify ;)

8. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

OOC* Keeping a notebook is not weird at all and a very good idea. You should see my office walls when I host ...post its, notes pictures, string to make what if lines it looks like something in a movie when the FBI walk into a terrorist apartment that has been plotting for years. lol

9. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*While eating his bacon and enjoying a normal breakfast, Scar isn't over pleased when he hears that the search will head into EPCOT for the day. Turning to Ursula he expresses his feelings over the news.*

SCAR:" EPCOT?? For goodness sake...nothing but miles and miles of hot cement. I would much rather search the Animal Kingdom..atleast there is shade there."

*Before he can continue with his complaint the nice breakfast is interrupted with a scream.* "What now? I swear can this yensid fella control anything?"

*Following the others down the hall he walks into Belles room and encounters a out of control Belle screaming over a little spilled blood.*

[​IMG]

SCAR: "Oh the DRAAAMAA of it all. Would someone give that girl a good shake and a chair to sit down in. I see more blood having lunch with the Hyenas."

10. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Dug, who was fidgeting throughout Yensids opening paragraph anyway jumps to his feet at the sound of screams. He follows behind the others as they go to the room, and then worms his was around legs and feet to get into the room.

"Blood. I smell the blood, but I do not smell anyone besides the Belle princess. where is the injured person?" His nose goes to work as he starts trotting around the room nose to the ground.

11. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Si and Am were enjoying a leisurely breakfast of cream when they head a piercing scream. Ears throbbing, they followed behind the big cat, listening carefully. "Epcot" hissed Si, "sounds tiring" concluded Am.

12. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*As Ursula and Scar tiredly mumble amongst themselves, a young gentleman comes and seats himself at their table, conversing with them as to get to know the little group. "So an archeologist, and so young too... I can guess that you have a collection from all your little escapades. I'm a collector of sorts myself, he he he... You must've come across some of my cousin's shrines on your travels. I'm sure you'e heard of Medusa - head full of snakes- wonderful girl. Full of personality and a figure to die for, maybe I should introduce you two... Hey, where are you going? Must have been something he ate..." Indiana had bolted from the table to the nearest restroom, while she then picked at his plate trying to see if she had ate anything that was on it.

*As Yensid pulls them together to bring forth(Indiana now sitting at a seat furthest from the couple) and goes through the morning report, a sudden shriek is heard from one of the nearby rooms. As they mismatched group of detectives from the club to the suite(Belle's Room), the current DSI Chief magics it open to find the bimbette on her bed screaming at the top of her lungs, a blood red substance completely drenching the entire front of her gown..

"Hmm... I'm really glad I didn't have some of that Blood of Bacchus last night..."
    }

13. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Indiana sees Belle on the bed covered in blood and looks around to see if there is anything out if place. While looking around he notices Dug sniffing around so went to him as Indy has no smelling nose compared to Dug.

14. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Still waiting on information sent out to be posted. If that doesn't happen soon, I'll either send it to someone else or post it myself so the game can continue.

15. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

After the rest of the detectives arrive, Yensid goes over what he has learned about the map. He concludes that the Maleficent lady wasn't working alone. Since the map is an Epcot map, he suggests they start there. Vanellope can barely contain her excitement. She begins to continue to eat her breakfast, when someone lets out an ear-piercing scream. They all make their way out of the lounge to the room where the screaming is coming from, which happens to be the room of another detective by the name of Belle. Vanellope doesn't notice the blook-soaked covers. Belle stops screaming when she sees the others. Vanellope walks up to her.

"Are you okay?" she asks, concerned but slightly annoyed about all the screaming. "Were you having a nightmare?"

Belle shakes her head, then raises her hand a pulls back the covers. Vanellope notices it now. Underneath the covers is the head a black horse with a white strpie going down it's face.

"Oh..." stammers Vanellope, the color draining from her face.

OOC: I'm so sorry I'm late in posting this :(.

16. Zagales14

Zagales14 Duke Alex, Master Zapper

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

When Mater hears the group will head to Epcot to continue their investigation he cannot help but get excited.

Mater: "Good thing Finn let me keep my costumes!"

Mater (to computer): "Computer, make me a German Truck!"

Computer: "Request acknowledged!"

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Mater: "Computer, make me a Taco Truck!"

Computer: "Request Acknowledged!"

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Before Mater could get truly excited at the prospect of wearing a new costume in every country, the group hears a loud scream.

Mater follows everyone as they try to figure out what it is.

When Belle pulls back her covers to show a black and white horse Mater is a bit confused and says: "That's not cool! Is that Mulan's horse?"

17. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Yensid glances at the bed, a grave expression on his face.*

Yensid: ‘Yes, I'm very much afraid that this is Angus. Now let’s take things in order. First, this is an active crime scene, so let’s treat it as such. This means spread out and look for ... something. I very much doubt that anyone can leave a horse’s head without leaving something else along with it ... and if nothing else is found, that also will tell us something.’

*Yensid makes a gesture and the room suddenly is cordoned off.*

Yensid: ‘Now that this has been sorted, I need to know what has happened, how Angus’ head found its way into this room without Belle or anyone else, for that matter, noticing.’

*Yensid turns to Belle with a raised eyebrow and a pointed expression on his face, intent quite clear without having to say a word.*

18. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Let's try another posting period; 3 in 72 hours (because of the difficulty everyone has been having getting on).
    Start time: 13 July @ 2.55 pm PST, 5.55 pm EST, 10.55 pm GMT, 14 July @ 6.55 am Tokyo
    End time: 16 July @ 2.55 pm PST, 5.55 pm EST, 10.55 pm GMT, 17 July @ 6.55 am Tokyo

OOC: More information going out shortly, check your inboxes

19. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Belle turns to Yensid with a still-slightly frightened look in her eyes. Now that the detectives are in the room, she's calming down and everyone can see her usual intelligence reasserting itself.*

Belle: 'I really don't remember anything, I'm very sorry. I returned to my room from dinner and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. In fact, I slept straight through my alarm, which is why I missed breakfast ... .'

OOC: Sorry to borrow Belle again, but I need to continue the story.

20. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

Vanellope felt sick. Seeing the bits of Jiminy Cricket in that lady's food was one thing, but this... It was almost too much for her. Yensid tells the detectives to look for any clues that might tell who could have done this to Angus, as Yensid had called him. Belle says she doesn't remember anything, having fallen asleep immediately last night and just now woke up. Vanellope tries to compose herself, but is having difficulty. How did she not notice the blood when she walked in? And that poor horse...

Vanellope shook her head, trying to clear out these thoughts. Freaking out like this wasn't going to help the investigation. She had told Ralph before she left that she was going to be brave. And that's just what she intended to be. Vanellope started looking around the room, wondering what they might find.

21. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo finishes breakfast and notices the other fairy in the room-- oh dear, it's one of those three that Mistress always seemed so upset about. Diablo still thinks the small flying sort should stick together, but possibly the blue fairy will hold a grudge against him.

He's just letting out a small sigh at the way Mistress seems to have complicated everything when the piercing scream leads everyone to the book lady's room. She's covered in blood and... Someone has killed the Scottish horse and put his head in her bed?!? And such a mess they made, too!

22. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar looks at the head of the horse and wishes that there was more attached.*

SCAR: "Isn't a horse just a stripeless Zebra? Man that makes me hungry...If anyone finds the legs let me know. I would love to give them a closer examination. This room is kind of small for all of us to be crammed in here. I'll wait in the hall and keep a lookout. Maybe our killer left prints of some kind on the door. I'll check that out. Remember call me if the legs are found.Juiciest part you know...I mean likely to find a clue."

23. Greenhpper

Greenhpper Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Waking with a start and a bit of dried drool on his chin, Abu notices he is still perched on the shelf in the kitchen with one paw still in a now empty cookie jar. Yawning, he pulls his paw out of the cookie jar, scratches and tries to wipe the drool off himself. Half climbing, half falling, he then wobbles out of the kitchen to go to his room. He notices Carpet nearby and climbs aboard to make the trip faster. After several minutes, Abu realizes he's not going anywhere. Blinking to clear his eyes some more, he discovers he's just sitting on a regular carpet in the middle of the room. Standing up, he sways a bit and then wobbles off to the hotel.

24. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Now that the screeching had stopped, Si and Am strolled into the room. They jumped onto the dresser and started heading toward the balcony. Whiskers twitching they carefully looked over the room as they headed out to the balcony.

25. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

After a restless night, Jim wakes with a start, conscious of the fact that it is later than it should be. He curses and throws on some clothing. As he reaches the entrance to the breakfast room, he hears a scream, and then there are some shuffling noises as all the detectives stand up. Jim trails behind everyone, following the other detectives to the scene of the crime.

What the..?! Jim thinks as he sees a bloody Angus. How did Belle not notice..?

Jim begins to look for clues.

OOC: I'm unclear as to whether the found the horse's body or if it was just the head in the bed?