Escape from Epcot Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Jul 7, 2013.

1. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

"Oh, great, the cat's back." Vidia said sarcastically. "More for us to not understand."

Vidia was getting tired of all his gibberish, and she began grumbling to herself after he disappeared.

When Yensid hung up the phone, he told them of an unspecified emergency in Mission: Space.

"Ahhh, lovely. Another body to clean up, perhaps?" she said as the group made their way over to Epcot.

OOC: This was a pretty rushed post. I barely had time to skim through the posts. Hopefully I'm all caught up. I will come back and reread them again later.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  2. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar is sitting there listening intently to the conversation betweend Yensid and EPCOT security. He hears that they are now headed to Mission Space.*

To Ursula..." Can things get any worse? First to Giant Golball land and now to the vomet comet known as mission Space. I swear if Walt were alive he would fall over dead at what EPCOT has turned into. Definitely not what he envisioned."

*With that the group starts for the park.*

3. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Si and Am were surprised to see another Cat. They looked up, but the cat disappeared before they could walk over to him. Finishing their breakfast, they grabbed their kits. Si changed the wallpaper on the I-phone to their favorite bird-like flying toy; Am changed the I-pod wallpaper to their favorite dog-like chasing toy. With a glare at the dog sprawled out ("so" started Si, "undignified" finished Am), they jumped off the table and started out the door.

4. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

*Cue Music...Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated*

*Dr. Doofenshmirtz follows the others towards EPCOT. He is lagging slightly behind as he is having tp push his new Inator and Nators are rarely light.*

"Wait up everyone. This will be my first chance to find clues with my new CLUEINATOR. I am so excited to be part of a team...Growing up I wasn't allowed to play team sports....."

*Doofenshmirtz continues to talk barely taking a breath.

5. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Marie let out a sigh when the Cheshire Cat began speaking again. His riddles truly confounded her. Looking around, she was glad to see that the other detectives seemed to be just as confused as she was. At least she wasn't alone.
    Marie was caught off guard when the detectives began following Yensid outside. She had been so distracted mulling over the riddle that she hasn't noticed Yensid had spoken. Slinking low to the ground, she quickly caught up and placed herself near the front of the group. Listening in on the nearby conversations, she gathered that they were headed to Epcot.
    Glancing over her shoulder, with her tail held high, she saw one of the humans struggling to push along his contraption. Marie shook her head and continued forward along with the others. Humans were such silly creatures.

6. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*As Ursula finished dissecting the room for clues, she found Dr. Jones walking backing toward the club lounge. Making sure to make to mention the prospect of meeting her poor cousin, she didn't notice his rather obvious to get away whilst she had ahold of his arm...

As they arrived to the club Scar came to her side, the young Dr. Jones slipping from her grasp and going to the nearest room. The appearance of Chessie and then a call to investigate Mission Space put her matchmaking skills on hold at the moment...

*OOC-I've been away yesterday at Holiday World, this has updated fast.

7. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Jim started to smile as the Cheshire Cat faded away. He knew he shouldn't be excited about murder and truly he was not, but the investigation was finally heating up and wasn't that what they were all there for?

He rolled his eyes at the mention of Mission Space... What is a simulation when you have surfed past the Milky Way on a solar surfer?

He thought about taking the surfer to the park but in this case he thought it better to stick with the others. He followed as they all headed to EPCOT...

(ooc: I will finish out the game)

8. Zagales14

Zagales14 Duke Alex, Master Zapper

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

On the way to the lounge to meet the others, Mater comes across Dug who is fidgeting in a weird manner.

Mater (to himself): "Poor Dug. He must have had some of that Pistachio ice cream..."

As Mater delicately approaches the sneezing dog, he purposely lightly bumps Dug, causing him to flip upside down on the pavement. Dug, battling the sneeze attack, does not even notice Mater or his helpful nudge, and assumes he fell on his own.

Mater: "Hey Dug, I have something that can help ya. Its a mixture my good friend Fillmore gave me. Its a liter of high grade gasoline and some fuel injection cleaner. All naturaaaal!! Should clear ya right up!"

Dug, either dead or passed out, doesn't reply, so Mater continues on his merry way.

When he arrives at the lounge he grabs himself a cup of tea and finds a place to park.

He looks around to his fellow detectives and sees the tall and skinny man in a white lab coat explaining his new invention, the Clueinator.

Mater: "Hey mister, you is so smart!"

Suddenly he hears a voice.

Mater (To no one in particular): "Holly, are you in my head again?"

Then he sees a creepy smile that turns into a full blown cat.

Mater: "Hot Dang, that reminds me of Frank. Scary like a mother-truck!"

He listens as Cheshire gives an eerie and perplexing message to the group.

Mater's tow line shakes from the creepiness of the cat and his delivery of the message.

Mater: "Boy, that pink feller there makes me feel like a tractor. Tractors is so dumb!!"

Mater smiles as he remembers his good times tractor tipping with Mcqueen.

But before he could even attempt to wrap his head around what Cheshire was saying Yensid informs the group that something is going on in Mission Space and that they need to go there immediately.

Mater: "Houston, we have a problem. I'm on my way!"

Mater follows the group as they head to Epcot.

9. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

Vanellope had to admit, although she couldn't quite grasp what the cat was saying, at least the way he talked was pretty entertaining. The cat disappeared as Yensid's phone went off. When he was done talking, he mentioned a ride called Mission: Space at Epcot. He then handed out some DSI kits and phones to everyone. Vanellope wasn't quite sure how to work them, but maybe she could ask one of the other detectives for help. Vanellope followed the others as they left for Epcot, a little nervous about arriving there but also eager to catch the maniac behind all of this.

10. Zagales14

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

As Mater is leaving with the group, Vanellope approaches him and requests help with the DSI kit. Mater, still quite shaken by the cat and his message, and completely distracted by the Clueinator, nearly forgot to grab his DSI kit.

Shifting into reverse, he drives backward into the lounge and grabs his kit. Shifting again, he requests help from his computer to catch up with the group.

Mater: "Computer, I need to catch up with the group."

Mater's computer activates a set of propellers that launch Mater forward at an extreme speed, and he is suddenly towards the head of the pack.

Mater, having forgotten that Vanellope herself had asked him how to work the kit, approaches her...

Mater: "Hey there, sweet thing! Can you teach me up on this DSI thingy right heere??"...

11. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Indy had just finished his tea when Chesire cat appeared. While listening the cat had made a good point, but be still thought the cat was creepy. Then Yensid was talking on the phone and seemed to hesitate to tell us what was going on. After that he gave all of us a phone thing that is really confusing, luckily Indy wasn't the only confused as Dug was trying to figure it out as well.

12. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

Vanellope decides to walk over to Mater and ask him for help with her DSI kit. After asking, she hears him say something about forgetting his kit and rushes back to the lounge to get it. Vanellope continues walking with the group, not wanting to get left behind. Suddenly, she sees Mater zoom to the head of the group with the help of some propellers. Being a racer, she was really impressed with his speed. He heads back over to her, then asks her if she knows how to work the DSI kit.

"Oh, um..." Vanellope was a little confused, since she was the one who originally asked him how to work it. "Didn't I just ask.. well, never mind. I'm not sure how to work it, but maybe we can find someone who can," she replies cheerfully. That Ursula lady looked like she knew what she was doing. Maybe she would know how to work it.

13. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

After the sneeze fit passes Dug stands up. Basically just in time to hear the "tail end" of the Cheshire cats little riddle. He really has no idea what it is about, but files the randomness away in his mind.

Once Yensid gives the orders Dug feels like he has a purpose again. Dugs investigation kit securly strapped to him like a doggy back pack... He heads off with everyone else to see what is going on.

14. Mermaid's_grotto

Mermaid's_grotto aka Damu

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Merryweather spied the Raven suspiciously and pocketed some of the cakes. Learning he had been part of the first investigation, she knew it wouldn't help matters causing a fuss. What with 2 homicides already, causing any kind of split in the group was out of the question, but it didn't mean she had to trust him. She had no idea what contraption the Dr had brought in or what the Lion was inputting either.

She rolled her eyes at the striped cat.

Merryweather looked at the items handed to her and tried to navigate the menu:
    "I think we've had enough of this nonsense! I think we ought to think of trying to get ahead of the culprit by using magic, not silly iPhones!"
    Accidently she downloaded the Star Walk app and became engrossed, randomly holding it up to different sections of the sky as she headed with the others to Epcot's International Gateway...

[​IMG]

15. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*Ursula could only listen to Scar and offer support as they made their way to the Internal Gateway. Only a little walk but then again, why didn't they just get a private ferry to bypass the lagoon.

As Vanellope, as she had learned the little ad.orable candy girl's name was, asked what all was in the DFI kits she only felt it proper to oblige.

"The Disney Foresnsic Investigation kit includes all you need to gather evidence. While the iphone should be all you need to photograph the crime scene and correspond with the lab, everything else will be manual. Gloves to not contaminate the scene, cotton swabs and vials for samples, bags for evidence, fingerprint powder and duster. Hmm, this was new..."

Holding a small vial which look like chapstick, she opened and pressed the bottom. Suddenly a claw shot out, clatching onto Mater, an eletrical current activating rendering him stunned and trailing a cloud of smoke moreso then he had already been.

"A taser, how convenient..."

16. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: Merryweather, you'll have to let me know what constellations you can see above Epcot with that app you accidentally downloaded ... :lol:

OOC: Just to clarify a point for the new players: you are allowed to 'interfere' with (for lack of a better term) other characters. In fact, doing so often makes the game more entertaining - but just remember that everything in the games is meant to be in fun and not taken seriously. The standard understood accepted rules are that any actions taken not:
    1. be fatal
    2. be permanent
    3. interfere with or interrupt the flow of the game

And above all, don't 'interfere' with another character unless you are willing to accept retaliation (it almost certainly will happen, usually with hilarious consequences).

17. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*Upon arriving at Mission: Space, the detectives can see that the attraction isn’t obviously secured; the attraction is closed and guarded by several cast members who are telling passer-by guests that it’s experiencing technical difficulties and might be operational later. Yensid instructs the detectives to split up and search the attraction, half of them taking the Orange side, half of them taking the Green side.*

OOC: Information going out, check your inboxes

18. Mermaid's_grotto

Mermaid's_grotto aka Damu

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

"The Sun is in Gemini!" *Merryweather waves her iPhone at anyone nearby, whether they're interested or not*

[​IMG]

"Ok, who thought it would be funny to set the time as BST?! Now how do I change this thing..."

19. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Marie hesitated only a moment before choosing to investigate the Orange side. She trotted her way through the winding queue and came to an empty room. Pausing for a moment, she glanced behind her to see if anyone had come along with her. She was a little disappointed to see that she was alone, but she way a lady, and ladies were self sufficient. She walked cautiously into the room. Looking up, she saw a large blank screen. Looking down, she realized she was standing on a path with the number two. The little pathway led out into a curving hallway with several doors.

Walking through one of the doorways, Marie noticed several pods. Peering into two of them, she noticed that they each had four seats and four small blank screens. Noticing a strange smell, Marie proceeded to run up to each pod and investigate. When she ran up to the last pod, Marie sneezed and took a step backward. Then she froze. One of Maleficent’s Goons was staring straight at her.

Marie crouched down and hissed, preparing to run away as fast as she could. The Goon didn't move. Marie took a step closer, and noticed that he was strapped into the second seat. Marie hopped up onto the end seat. She reached out to swipe him, but froze with her paw in midair. The Goon wasn't breathing. Slightly panicked, Marie pulled away from her. From what she could see, he simply died of natural causes. There weren't any marks on him at all. But why was he strapped into Mission: Space?

Suddenly remembering her new iPhone, Marie proceeded to send a mass text to Yensid and the other detectives. She didn't want to leave the body in case there was someone else watching her, but she definitely didn't like being alone with a dead body. Whimpering a little, Marie hoped someone would respond soon.

20. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

Cue Music* Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated*

[​IMG]

*Finally catching up with everyone, Dr Doofenshmirtz hears Yensid giving assignments on which side to go to. He hears that he is supposed to go on the Orange side.*

"WAIT!! Everyone....It's all unneeded work. All I have to do is push my CLUEINATOR into the entrance and it will tell us exactly where the clues are. We don't need to un into the Orange side or Green side."

*Dr Doofenshmirtz pushes his contraption into the entrance of the attraction. He turns it on and pushes the button.*

"Now we just wait!!"

*But instead of finding clues everything inside the attraction turns blue, every detectives clothes turns blue, those of the fur variety/no clothes only now have blue fur, everyone's hair turns blue. Now detectives are confused as to which side to search.*

"What....what...what happened???"

21. Zagales14

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Mater follows Vanellope to ask Ursula for help as she has no idea what the kit contains. Ursula begins to explain the use of the iphone for taking pictures and correspond with the lab and point out the other essentials found in the kit when suddenly...

Mater feels a jolt of energy, his engine releases a lot of smoke and he is out like a light.

Dreaming: Out of no where he finds himself on the moon. As he bounces around unable to fully drive due to the lack of gravity he begins to smile as he remember last time he was in space on a mission to save Impala 13 who was stuck.

Mater: "Shoot, Houston had a real problem....Hey, thats funny right there!"

Mater floats around space taking in all the beauty of the planets and stars around him. He then hears a faint calling
    , "Mater, Mr. Tow Mater, are you alright sir?"

Some cast members gather around him trying to recharge his batteries as the jolt from the taser completely sucked him dry.

Mater starts opening his eyes seeing everything a little blurry. When his sight comes into clear focus he notices they already arrived at Epcot and the other detectives went on without him as the urgent matter could not spare them any minutes.

Mater (wide-eyed): "We're here. I gotta go!!"

Mater takes off in the direction of mission space when it dawns on him that he did not thank the cast members for helping him.

He jumps up, grabs a tree branch with his tow line and turns himself around.

Mater (screaming to the cast members): "Thank you fellers! But I gotta go!!"

The cast members wave good-bye and laugh at all the goofiness that is Mater.

22. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

Ursula was explaining to Vanellope how to work the DSI kits, when something shot out of Ursula's kit and struck Mater, electrocuting him and causing him to pass out. Although Vanellope was worried about him, she did giggle a little at what happened. They arrive at Mission: Space and Yensid instructs everyone to check a side. Thanking Ursula for helping with her kit and noticing there were some cast members helping Mater, Vanellope heads over to the green side. Suddenly, everything inside the building, including her clothes, turn a blue color. Vanellope wonders if that man in the lab coat with the weird machine has something to do with this. She continues to head the way she was going, hoping that she was walking in the right direction.

Vanellope hears her phone go off and sees that it's a text from the little kitten, Marie, who has found something over on the orange side. Vanellope turns around and quickly runs over to what she thinks is the orange side. Luckily, she headed in the right direction and found the kitten standing next to a body strapped into a seat. "Oh great," Vanellope mumbled, feeling nauseous. "More dead bodies..." Seeing this many dead bodies in such short amount of time can't be good for you.

23. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar walks into Mission after getting his assigned color from the man supposedly in charge....*

"Orange side, Green side....It all looks blue to me." ** He wants to laugh about it all, but doesn't feel very funny when he notices that his fur is now a vibrant blue and he looks like sully.*

"Wait til I get my paws on that mad scientist!!"

*Scar continues moving forward until he comes to where Marie and the Candy girl are standing and looking like they don't know what to do. His natural leadership instincts kick in.*

"DON'T TOUCH anything without gloves..start searching, spread out, keep your eyes open, check that goon's pulse....."

24. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

ooc...sorry I keep forgetting the siggy

25. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo notes that the blue fairy accepts his peace offering only grudgingly. Ah well, it's a start. When a disembodied voice starts speaking, Diablo squawks in alarm and flies up to take shelter on the chandelier-- it's that floating cat again! He stays resolutely there until the floating cat goes away, and, after a cast member straps his raven-sized iphone to his leg, he heads out to Mission:Space with the rest of the detectives.

He's just starting to search when the white-robed man somehow turns everything blue! Maybe he's a wizard after all? Except it doesn't seem like he meant to do that. He's not a very good wizard, anyway.

Just then his iphone buzzes with a text message... it's from one of the cats, but at least it's the lady one, not one of the two nasty ones. Diablo follows the candy girl to one of the pods, and sees... sweet pinfeathers! How did one of Mistress' goons get here? Was he acting on secret orders? Diablo flies closer to the goon, perching on the armrest of the seat, and pokes the goon with his beak. When there's no response, he pokes a little harder and caws into the goon's ear. Still nothing. He cocks his head and opens his beak, tasting the air. Yes... definitely dead. Being a scavenger, Diablo knows a dead thing when he sees one.

But how? And why? And will they let him have the eyeballs? (No no, he reminds himself, they don't do that here.)