Escape from Epcot Sign Up Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Jun 16, 2013.

1. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Here is the sign up thread for part two of the three part of the ongoing murder game trilogy. You need not have played the previous game (or any other murder games) to play in this one, but this game will pick up, plot-wise, where the first one left off. For easy access (but not necessarily quick reading), you may find the first murder game in the series here: http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?18221-Homicide-in-Hollywood-(Studios)-Game-Thread

You don't have to read it, but if this is your first murder game, you may find it useful, both as a guideline to see how the murder games are played and to help you pick up the plot of the current game.

I have updated the 'Rules' thread to incorporate the new promotion/demotion system. To give you the gist of the overall rules and game play, you can refer to the 'Rules' thread, which you can find here: http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?18052-Updated-Murder-Game-Rules

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me with them or you can post them here and someone (probably me, or maybe an experienced player) will answer them for you. When I add you to the roster, I will confirm the rank I have you at; if you believe I have made a mistake, please let me know and we will sort it out.

If you are interested in playing, this is where you sign up. Simply post the character you are interested in playing as ... with a few caveats. As this game is a direct continuation of Homicide in Hollywood, if your character died in the Studios, you will need to choose another character - and new players cannot choose one of those deceased characters. Characters will be assigned (for lack of a better term) on a first come, first claimed basis ... although for my intents and purposes (as host), I will be using Cheshire Cat and Yensid (and if you remember where Homicide in Hollywood left off, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are out of commission).

Sign ups will be taken until Midnight, Saturday 6 July (PST). Game play will start sometime on Sunday, 7 July. The game itself will not take place in this thread, however, this is just the sign up thread (and I reserve the right to postpone the game due to insufficient interest). This change of date is due to, among other things, problems caused by my internet connection (U-Verse, how I loathe thee) and accommodating DSF releases.

See you in the game on the 7th. :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  2. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

CHARACTER - PLAYED BY

Cheshire Cat - dancecats (Chief - Host)
    Yensid - dancecats (Host)

Diablo - Vixy (Rookie or Detective?)
    Belle - Story (Rookie VIP)
    Scar - tokyodisneydad (Captain)
    Ursula - coblj003 (Deputy Inspector)
    Vidia - LumpyLover (Rookie)
    Si and Am - ownedbycats (Rookie)
    Merlin - CMR626 (Deputy Inspector VIP)
    Merryweather - Mermaid's_grotto (Rookie VIP)
    Jim Hawkins - movingthestars (Detective)
    Vanellope - VanellopeFan (Rookie)
    Indiana Jones - Aceastrococopuff (Rookie)
    Marie - Vackra (Rookie)
    Doofenshmirtz - Superfly (Rookie or Detective?)
    Dug - Psycho Pixie (VIP)
    Abu - Greenhpper (Deputy Inspector)
    Mater - Zagales14 (Rookie)
    Dory - AmySchweppe (Rookie VIP)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

I would like to continue playing Diablo please!

4. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

*steps out from lurking in the shadows of the library* Would love to return as Belle if the character is still available ^.^

5. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Scar is getting ready to return from Tokyo hopefully with his love Ursula

6. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Sign me up as Deputy Inspector Ursula, I've made up my mind just to finish with her for the rest of the trilogy-pending she's not killed off...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  7. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Thats the spirit...I'm the same with Scar. I will play him in this trilogy and probably him if I host any games in the future. After the trilogy though as a PLAYER I will try some others. I am glad we can continue making others sick with our lovey dovey ways for awhile longer though lol:)

8. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

May I join as Vidia?

(I think I've made up my mind. I had so many characters I'd like to be, and I was having a hard time choosing)

9. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

I would love to play Si and Am

10. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Come on now ..where is tink and hook and Dr. Doof?

11. CMR626

CMR626 Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

I believe we'd like to return as Merlin again, if you please.

12. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I'm not sure I would recommend playing as Si and Am, especially for a first-time player. It can be extremely difficult juggling multiple characters, and you're going to spend much of your first game learning how to 'move' your detective in the game. Adapting to the game and meeting your post counts will be a challenge enough without picking a character (well, technically characters, in this case) to compound the difficulty. I would say just to pick either Si or Am, except their personalities are such that I think you lose the integrity of the characters if you have one without the other. I think you'll find the game (especially your first) much more enjoyable if you choose a single character (it can be another cat) with a strong personality.

13. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Totally agree....how about Thomas O Malley...Scar can have him as a snack...lolJust kidding ...we will be here to help with any questions u have. Just put them in a post marked OOC. OUT OF CHARACTER

14. Mermaid's_grotto

Mermaid's_grotto aka Damu

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Could I be Merryweather?

15. ownedbycats

ownedbycats Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Dancecats,

I understand the concern. I followed the last game in real time so hopefully I am only part newbie...

Their mischievous nature calls to me more than any of the other disney felines, so I think I will stick with them - but I will call on "uncle" scar if we get into (too much) trouble

16. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

I'm ready to play again! Jim Hawkins, please :)

17. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Okay, Si and Am it is, then. But just to clarify, for all game intents and purposes, they will be treated as one character even though, technically, they are two separate characters (meaning you get one arrest and if one dies for a post count/false arrest, they both die). If you have any questions while in game, don't hesitate to ask them in OOC format; someone will be more than happy to answer them for you.

That being said, I'm very curious to see what you can do with Si and Am; I'm looking forward to seeing quite a bit of in-game mischief with these two. :)

18. PinHunters

PinHunters Active Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

One of us here is SUPER tempted to play but a bit frightened in doing something wrong! (AND what character to choose!?!)
    When is the last day to sign up?

19. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

First, let me assure you that there is nothing you can do wrong or that will mess up the game. The game play is such that you post 'actions' and 'dialogue' that you believe your chosen character might 'do' and 'say' in response to the present game situation; as the game is a new setting, there are no 'right' or 'wrong' decisions, just personal character interpretations. And at the end of the day, the game is about silly fun.

Because of the nature of the game, the best character to choose (IMO) is one you know really well. It also helps if the character has a very strong personality. The character can be a major or minor character in his/her movie/show; in the game, everyone becomes a major character. I would not recommend a nonverbal character for your first game; they can be played, but they're quite a challenge.

If you have any questions about the game or finding the right character to play, don't hesitate to ask them; I'm sure that someone will be more than happy to answer them for you. The last day to sign up is Friday, 28 June; I do hope you will consider joining.

20. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

One moe recommendation when choosing a character...it makes it easier if you choose a character that can interact with other characters naturally....example if you chose Pumba he could give Scar a hard time and vice a versa.

Stef I sent PMs to several people about the game and will send some moe tonight.

21. VanellopeFan

VanellopeFan Member

0   0   0

I'd love to join as Vanellope if she is still available :).

22. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I want to play but I don't want to steal someone's character...

23. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I think almost everyone who has expressed an intent to reprise their prior avatar has done so, and as the chief stated " first come, first serve". There have been a few prior players that I haven't on the forums for months, but the show must go on... If anyone is considering playing or if you know anyone that might consider joining, let's get the ball rolling, the more the merrier...

24. Vackra

Vackra Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I would like to play as Marie from The Aristocats, please.

I briefly scanned through the last game and it seems like a lot of fun. Although since I'm new to the forum and the game, I hope I should be able to pick everything up fairly quickly.

25. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Do you know what... I'll be Indiana Jones... HA!