Escape from Epcot Sign Up Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Jun 16, 2013.

1. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I don't think it'll be much of an issue as Disney now owns Lucasarts entirely, not to mention he's already showcased in the parks. You'll still need approval from Stef, I remember when a character wasn't allowed because National Treasure IP isn't owned by Disney.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  2. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Okay.... Now we wait...

3. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

:wavey: belle can be available again. I've been taking a step back from the forum, and I just don't see myself being able to commit and keep up with the game.

Hope new players and old have super fun! It was a blast to participate in last time so I'm sure you guys will have a blast this time around too =)

4. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

I recieved a mail that this was going to happen again. Doofenshmirtz please but VIP only as I don’t have alot of time.

5. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I have updated the list. I will take Indiana Jones into consideration and let you know in a day or so. Right now, it's probably more likely 'yes' than 'no' because as was pointed out, Disney owns Lucasarts and Indiana Jones is featured in the parks. You will know for sure by the start of the week.

Story, I respect your decision to step away from the forums and you will be missed in the game. Have you considered playing as a VIP instead of dropping out completely?

6. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Okay... Thanks

7. FlowerGleam&Glow

FlowerGleam&Glow Member

0   0   0

Sounds like fun! I think I'll watch this game and join the next one so I can get the hang of it :)

8. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Can i reprise as Dug as a VIP please? I am unconcerned with being the ONE to solve the mystery, but figure Dug's nose might come in handy again. And I cannot promise daily activity.

9. frozenlanterns

frozenlanterns Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I did not see if Tinker Bell was killed or not in the last game, but if she was not and the member who played as her does not join, I would like to change to her if possible. If she was killed, I will play as Vidia :)

10. Greenhpper

Greenhpper Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Abut wants to play! :wat:

11. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Woo hooo Abu is back. Now if Hook and Tink would just come back. Has anyone seen nurseK8 recently

12. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Okay, here's the deal: I have decided that I will allow Indiana Jones since, as I said before, Lucasarts is owned by Disney and he is found in the Disney parks. However, I would advise against using him as a character; I'm not quite sure how well he'll work for a game character. I think more 'conventional' Disney characters will work better, but I'm willing to let you try.

The game really isn't as complicated as it appears (I linked the first game in the OP if you want to read it), it's quite easy to catch on, and people will be more than willing to help if you have any questions. If you have any concerns, there is nothing you can do to ruin a game. I'm not looking to pressure you, but you might want to consider this and just jump in and play this game anyway. :)

Here's the thing: Tinker Bell wasn't killed in the last game, but she's normally played by nursek8, who has Inspector (now Deputy Inspector) status. If nursek8 returns and wants to play, she's going to have first claim on Tink, as Deputy Inspectors generally get a courtesy claim on their characters. If nursek8 doesn't come back for the game, I'll change your character to Tink and you can play her.

13. frozenlanterns

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Ok, then I will just stay with Vidia. I would not want to take someone's character that they may want to use again, especially if they have achieved a higher rank with that character.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  14. Zagales14

Zagales14 Duke Alex, Master Zapper

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

I'd like to play as Mater, if possible...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  15. Story

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Sorry for the late reply, but I'd totally be happy to play as a VIP! =) I didn't even think about that before and it should work out since I still have time to check in on PMs and such around the forum through the week.

16. frozenlanterns

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Just finished reading through Homicide in Hollywood (Studios), and I got the killer by the time they reached the feathers!!! I'm so proud of myself. Now I just have to be that quick with this game.....

17. Psycho Pixie

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

the 29th is a dsf release.. I assume your going to be nice and let folks get home from that before starting the ball rolling?

:)

18. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I didn't realise the 29th was going to be a DSF release when I set the start date. To facilitate the release, I'll move the start date back a day or two to allow recovery time from the pinsanity. :)

19. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Just a note: I *think* I'm going to be able to log in every night to check the game, but if that turns out not to be the case, I will ask to move to VIP status. I'd like to at least *try* to play in full, though.

20. Greenhpper

Greenhpper Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Abu was an inspector once upon a time but may have been demoted. Last game Abu was in was run by Wally so he might know.

21. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Abu was an Inspector in my game and had made one false arrest and been demoted to Mascot....but with the new system I think Abut deserves the lowest Inspector level due to two correct arrests and experience from past. We will see what Stef thinks.

22. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I'm totally fine with Abu having the Deputy Inspector rank. I just expanded the ranks and added the promotion/demotion system for fun and to give the game another dimension, not that I intend anyone to take it über seriously or stress out over ranks (please). Also, there are a few people whose ranks I'm unsure of (not sure if they want the promotion, as they are between ranks); please check to see if this applies to you and post to clarify your preferred rank.

Finally, as I posted above, I pushed back the start date of the game because I didn't realize that this was a DSF release. As such, I will extend sign ups for an extra few days; look for the new dates in the OP shortly (I will edit it tomorrow once I can look at DSF's schedule).

23. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo has only played one game, but if you think he deserves the promotion I'm all for it. :)

24. Story

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Belle can be a rookie still- she's only played one game and probably has a lot to learn :lol:

25. Psycho Pixie

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

when when when do we start?!?!!?!!?!?