• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Even oldtimers mess up - MNSSHP edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even oldtimers mess up - MNSSHP edition

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
So last night was our party. And it was a rainy one. Before, 7 we ended up in Big Top and we purchased our mystery pins. There was a group there, trying to complete 4 sets and I figured having people to trade with might help us complete our set faster. So we quickly opened our boxes. I knew there were the four chasers, but there was nothing on the box to say they were more limited than the rest. I just assumed they were hidden designs. We were wet, it was dark, and I was trying to hurry, but we never turned the pins over to look at the back.

Last night, I thought I messed up because I managed to trade away BOTH of our Headless Horseman (the one of the four LE pins I wanted most) leaving us without one. And I also traded away an Old Hag and a Stromboli. So I traded away 4 LE750 pins without knowing it.

The only redeeming thing is we still have 2 extra Stromboli. But I know it's going to be a lot harder to trade Stromboli for the 2 LE750s we still need (Frollo, and Headless Horseman *cries*). For once we had great luck pulling chasers 8 out of 20 possible, and I'm the idiot who trades them away. I'm trying to tell myself it will be good pin karma, because the group I traded them too wanted 4 sets and got ZERO chasers at all. So at least they walked away with my 4.

We also need a Dr. Facilier to finish the LR portion of the set, but we have lots of extras because of the swaps. Hopefully, that one will be easier.

If it makes you feel better, I've done something similar. I've also made worse mistakes because, let's face it, when you've been in pins as long as we have, if there's a mistake that can be made, you'll probably make it (or similar) at one point or another.

The good news is that good pin karma does exist. I believe that if you're meant to own a pin, it'll find its way into your pin bag eventually (whether through a trade, sale, or zap). I think you'll get your chasers back eventually, one way or another.

I knew you guys would understand.

It would be more disappointing to open a ton of boxes and get no chasers at all. I just wished we could have experienced the joy of opening box after box with chasers, and this is more..."I had chasers!?!?!" At least we still have a couple to trade, even it it takes some time to find a trading partner.

Hope I got you covered I have an extra frolo and faciier. Shoot me a PM and well get this done.

John

Awesome. I am at Epcot today. But starting on Saturday I will be on the computer a lot more because our friend returns home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back