• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ever have your pins stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever have your pins stolen?
Hey Nursek8,
If you know wh
o took it and you are absolutely 100% sure, let me know at the next event so i can watch this person.
That is not cool and I dont know whay you let it go. I can only figure you dont want problems and the pin was a learning experience but for that person to even be in the same room makes me angry because he / she is probably doing this to other people too.

They need to be stopped. They hurt the hobby and people directly. There is NO excuse for stealing. You may not be able to have him arrested now, but if we can catch this person in the act again, thats a different story. I wish when they catch these people, thay make an announcement and have everyone in the room see who the person is before taking them away.

That is one of the reasons, yes. another was sharks circling, people who didnt like to share tables and the amount of pins that walked away from the dtd pinstore when the tables were closer to the store.
ouch. :(

I have almost had a pin bag stolen by a family of traders at a WDW PTN a couple of times. If you are a regular at WDW you know who I'm talking about. It's very easy to steal the whole bag. They come over to look at your pins, put their bag down on yours, get up to leave and pick up both bags. In this case, it was my DA Stitch Auctions LE 250 bag that they wanted and they kept circling the room. Finally I hooked the strap around my 2 other bags and when the son tried his scheme to walk off with the bag he dragged 3 bags! Well, what a mess it made with 3 pin bags being dragged on the ground, it was actually quite funny cause I watched it happen. I now just keep everything in binders so its hard to get the pins out individually.

That's very interesting. I've heard people will try this, but never actually heard from anyone it happened to. I'm always very careful with my book. This is one of the reasons I only take a single pin book with me. Kind of hard for someone to walk off with it if it's your only book at a table.

Hey Nursek8,
If you know wh
o took it and you are absolutely 100% sure, let me know at the next event so i can watch this person.
That is not cool and I dont know whay you let it go. I can only figure you dont want problems and the pin was a learning experience but for that person to even be in the same room makes me angry because he / she is probably doing this to other people too.

They need to be stopped. They hurt the hobby and people directly. There is NO excuse for stealing. You may not be able to have him arrested now, but if we can catch this person in the act again, thats a different story. I wish when they catch these people, thay make an announcement and have everyone in the room see who the person is before taking them away.

Thanks Dan, if i see them again and you are around i will point them out to ya! I didnt do anything cause it wasnt till much later in the day after i went home and looked thru my stuff that i realised it had happened. it was a learning experience for me.

Wow, I've learned so much in the past few days. First no more Property Control for CPs and now no more trading at Pin Traders?! Is there any other changes they made in the past two years that I'm not aware of either?

I haven't had any pins stolen that I'm aware of. I OCD check my pins all the time when I wear them and I never take my pin book out and about so its safe.

I had an incident a few years back when I visited DLR. I'd walked the park daily making trades and on my last day I didn't have time to put the pins into my pinbag so I laced the little pouch that I used through my straps inside my suitcase for the trip home. When I got home and unpacked quite a few of the pins I'd traded for on my last day were taken from my pouch. I contacted the TSA who said I needed a value on the pins so I had to purchase them (through the auction site so as to have a receipt/value). My claim was denied since they said I couldn't prove that I actually had the pins. Needless to say I carry on my pins now and make them take the extra time to hand check them with me watching like a hawk.

I have only had one pin disappear off my any pin board so to me it wasn't a big deal. I give several pins away to people every time we go to Disneyland so I didn't let it bother me at all. We love giving pins to children who are just starting to trade or others that touch us while we are there. I just hate that there are those that steal period let alone someones pins. Having worked in Security and Surveillance here in Vegas on the Strip I am really adverse to theft. I just don't tolerate it what so ever in any way. That is the lowest!

ermm. i was shopping in down town disney last christmas and i had one on my backpack
a stitch one because it went with the colours.
i took it of later on to put my pin back into its book and BAM!... its gone.
also i dropped a cindarella pin on the floor in dtd. with out relising and someone picked i up when i went back. :\.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back