• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Everyone behave, a priest just joined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone behave, a priest just joined

NDBounce

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hello,

I am new here. I am a Catholic Priest. I am relatively new to trading. I am looking mostly for Ariel pins. Sadly I have seen some go for well outside my price range (Over $1000...I have an original production cel from the movie that I got for less).

So my foray into pin collecting began when I read a little (a very little) online about trading pins prior to taking a trip to WDW with my goddaughter and her family. I decided to buy some pins on eBay (at this time I knew nothing of the scrapper phenomenon, so forgive me, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa). I decided this seems like a fun activity for my goddaughter and her younger sister, so I purchased about 25 pins. I gave them each 5 pins, and then a new pin every day they were in the park (and 2 the last day). I had a few extra so I joined in the fun.

A side story...when I was in high school, my siblings and my cousins were going to see a movie. My youngest cousin could not go because of the rating (it was for "big kids" - probably PG and not G"). So I offered to take him to The Little Mermaid, which had been re-released. He was not happy and wanted to go with the "big kids." So I told him that Ariel was my girlfriend, and I needed someone to go with me to see her. So he volunteered (still somewhat reluctantly). Anyway, as fate would have it, the Ariel is my girlfriend thing never left me, and only took on more life when I became a priest (I'm not sure if it is due to the irony or the fact that families have a way of picking on one another). So I fuel the fire at times...hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I've amassed a small collection of Ariel stuff over the years. When I got hooked on pin trading at WDW, I ran into a member of this forum at the Contemporary, and he opened my eyes to a lot of things, from scrappers, to pin sets, and even told me people trade online and told me sites to check out. So now I am slowly becomig addicted, and hoping that I don't spend all my money on pins and pin trading.

So that is my life story as far as pin trading goes.

Apparently I have to post a certain number of times before I can post in the big-kids forums and state what pins I am seeking. But basically I am looking for Ariel pins. Even the not so good ones, as I am on a priest budget, so I cannot afford the really good ones, and I don't think they'll let me take up a second collection to support my Pin Trading ministry.

Welcome to the forum and pin trading! We all start out small in our collections. Well, okay, mine is still kinda small. But it is a lot of fun, and the people on this forum are some of the nicest you could meet anywhere. Glad you decided to join!

Hello! :D
It's nice to meet you, and welcome to the forum! I'm not a Catholic but a am a Christian, so it's good to see a fellow believer! :)

From what I understand Ariel is one of the hardest collections as she is an incredibly popular character. If you were to start a collection, I would recommend Claude Frollo. I think he's the only Priest I know of, and he's one of my favorite villains. :)

I wish you luck on your Pin journey and if you ever have questions feel free to ask anyone here including me. :)

- Mark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

I am sure you will be slowly growing your collection as you trade along. As LadyBarclay says all of our collections started out small, and whether it's small or big is still quite subjective anyway :) The members of this forum are very helpful and kind people - I have learned a lot here already!

As for your Ariel search: I have seen a few Ariel pins being sold and/or traded here, so I'd advise to browse through sales and trading threads and have a look. Some pins can be very expensive indeed, but if they're not in my price range I try not to dwell on them. There are so many beautiful pins out there! I also trade on Instagram where you have a wide variety of pins being traded and/or sold, but of course that's another yet another social media account to keep up with.. :)

Have fun!

Hello and welcome to DPF! I loved reading about how your connection to Ariel was made....so sweet. I, myself, am a Cheshire Cat fan (my main collection) but my two favorite princesses are Ariel and Belle. My entire family has little collections as well. My 18 yr old son is a HUGE train fanatic (like Walt) and has a wonderful train pin collection. My 12 yr old son collects mainly Jack Skellington pin (as his name is Jack) but also has many Nemo pins (his favorite movie). Finally, my husband collects Star Wars pin.

I have some Ariel pins in my trading collection. Do you know about Pinpics yet? If you don't, it is a site that you can catalog your pins in - separating them into your Collection, your Wants, and your Traders. My Pinpics ID is the same as here (CCofRR13) if you want to check out my pins for trade.

Hope to "see" you around!

Christine

Hello! :D
I would recommend Claude Frollo. I think he's the only Priest I know of, and he's one of my favorite villains. :)

Yaassss. Frollo is also one of my favorite bad guys, he was well written. Except he's not a priest, he's a minister of justice, but historically at that point the Church and State were woven together in France, so he had influence. And he had one of the best villain songs ever. +1 to Disney for Hellfire and +1 for super creepy animation in that sequence.

Anyway, welcome to the playpen, Padre, did you bring some good wine to share? ;)

Welcome! You've found the right place if you want to share your growing addiction. (Warning: we're all horrible enablers.) Ariel is very popular among pin collectors, which, as you've seen, does make some of her pins very pricey. But the plus side of her popularity is that Disney produces a lot of pins of her, so you'll have a wide variety of styles and price points (and trading options) to choose from.

Some collectors try to collect every pin of a certain character or theme (usually referred to as completists). That's a tall order for most of the princesses, even the less-popular ones. (I collect Mulan, and there is a handful of pins that I will never be able to afford.) So a lot of us adhere to the pin trading axiom that you should collect what you like (or can afford) and not worry about the rest. Enjoy your new hobby and don't forget to have fun! :)

As most have said, sticking to a budget with pins is an admirable thing. I started collecting pins (MANY years ago) and initially decided I simply wasn't going to spend more than $30 on any pin.

That decision has long since gone by the wayside (as I accepted being a completist), but it was certainly a good way to start. :)

Welcome to the pinsanity and best of luck with your collection!

Welcome to the "feed your addiction" forum! Lol, i'm kidding, in fact being on the forum has actually helped me to save my money rather than go on big spending sprees. There are sooooooo many ariel pins out there so i'm sure you'll have no trouble finding some good looking pins on your budget. :) Happy to have you on board!

Thank you. I will take a look at your collection. I do know about Pinpics. I met someone at WDW last time I was there (who happens to be active on this forum and at Pinpics) who directed me to pinpics and here.

You have one pin that I really want. I will send you an PM.

Hello and welcome to DPF! I loved reading about how your connection to Ariel was made....so sweet. I, myself, am a Cheshire Cat fan (my main collection) but my two favorite princesses are Ariel and Belle. My entire family has little collections as well. My 18 yr old son is a HUGE train fanatic (like Walt) and has a wonderful train pin collection. My 12 yr old son collects mainly Jack Skellington pin (as his name is Jack) but also has many Nemo pins (his favorite movie). Finally, my husband collects Star Wars pin.

I have some Ariel pins in my trading collection. Do you know about Pinpics yet? If you don't, it is a site that you can catalog your pins in - separating them into your Collection, your Wants, and your Traders. My Pinpics ID is the same as here (CCofRR13) if you want to check out my pins for trade.

Hope to "see" you around!

Christine

Welcome to the Forum! Lots of fun here- helpful people- and best of all pins to trade! I'm not an Ariel collector, but have a couple in my traders at the moment. I'd be happy to add them to your pin-ministry.

Loved your title it was an eye catcher Welcome to the pin sanity of pin trading. I have not been on much this year do to a severe illness and heart surgery yep all in one year. BUT I am now up and running and getting better, depending on which coast you are on there is a pin meet in New Jersey Halloween weekend for the weekend it is a lot of fun it is called Swap til you drop. My pinpics is fuzzybunny if you want to check out my traders again Welcome to the forum:)

Welcome to the forum! There are many beautiful Ariel pins out there to be had. I wish you much success with your collecting/collection!

Welcome aboard ! You'll find everyone here is welcoming, friendly, and, of course, addicted pins. And I think they ruin everyone's budget.

Oh how am I just now seeing this? Hahah! I blame it on all of the papers I have to grade. XD Welcome to the forum! :D It was great meeting you at the Contemporary, and it's awesome to see you here on the forum. :D I'm sure that Ariel collection will grow in no time! :D

~Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back