• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fairytale Designer Collection 2014 Pin Set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairytale Designer Collection 2014 Pin Set?
Had it in my cart twice only to have it dropped in checkout...I'm over it...work and sleep are more important... 'nite

I only want the Tiana and Cindy pins, if anyone is breaking a set please let me know..been waiting for those two ladies for a very long time.

Hating life tonight. Nothing like being up and ready for action, only to realize people have ferreted out the secret links. :(

Hating life tonight. Nothing like being up and ready for action, only to realize people have ferreted out the secret links. :(

A truer statement has never been made :( Thankfully I was able to get the dolls but as I said before, the pins never showed up before showing as sold out. Guess those in the know (or who they know) did well with these but the rest of us...not so much.

Secret links?

There's a way to find the links to the items early, before anyone can see them on the site. Not a lot of people know how to do it (we suspect it's something in the code or URL or...something). Anyway, if you're lucky enough to know someone who will share the link, you can get your order in on time. If you're not at the right place at the right time, the items are usually sold out when they "go live".

I was on top of the release tonight, but I don't know how people do the link thing- I used to rely on the kindness of strangers in Dizpins chat. But nowdays, with FB and stuff, I have no idea how to get "in the know". Thus, my current mood. :)

Glad to know I am not the only one who missed out despite being up at 3 and constantly refreshing. Just curious how many people on here did get a set? I have only seen 1 person say they did.

Aw man this is a real shame. I am even more nervous for our DS UK release now that I hear people are managing to buy them before the link even goes live.

Aw man this is a real shame. I am even more nervous for our DS UK release now that I hear people are managing to buy them before the link even goes live.

What you should be more nervous about is DS Europe releasing the set earlier to other parts of Europe before they release it to the UK. That's what they've done in the past for dolls

There's a way to find the links to the items early, before anyone can see them on the site. Not a lot of people know how to do it (we suspect it's something in the code or URL or...something). Anyway, if you're lucky enough to know someone who will share the link, you can get your order in on time. If you're not at the right place at the right time, the items are usually sold out when they "go live".

I was on top of the release tonight, but I don't know how people do the link thing- I used to rely on the kindness of strangers in Dizpins chat. But nowdays, with FB and stuff, I have no idea how to get "in the know". Thus, my current mood. :)

Ugh, I used to be in the "in the know" group for all that way back in the day but these days I've lost touch with most of the people I knew really well back then :'( I too missed the set last night. It was sold out before I ever saw the pins... Just sucks. Oh well a new hunt begins again to keep my designer pin collection up to date :(

There's a way to find the links to the items early, before anyone can see them on the site.

Again it's odd how only this item - the Designer pin set - did Not go live. I think all the pin sets have had a secret link or did not show up on the main page. Us Jessica collectors went through this way too many times with her pins. I was also awake at 3 and refreshing the page. I typed Designer Collection in the search hoping everything would show up. It took me to that main Designer page and all Except the pins showed. So I waited and kept refreshing and clicking on the merchandise. By then it was too late anyway. I typed in Designer Collection Pins and then it took me right to it, but it was sold out. This has to be a record - the Pins And Dolls selling out in less than 5 minutes. It's becoming impossible.

Bummer, story of my life. All I really must have is Mulan. I would love the set, but I would be happy to get just Mulan this time around.
Why can't they have mercy and show us wdw people sine live every once in a while?

I wonder if some of the people out there are using those programs/scripts that can run in and buy stuff for you quickly. I know that's a huge problem over at Woot with their BOCs.

HEY THERE IS NO SECRET LINK.

What happens is someone crack DS.com's code for what will be on what page. They figured out the dolls and the pins. So at Midnight when the Links went live they spred it around face book on private pages until it was sold out. Only then did they share it with everyone else.

Since the set was sold out by the time DS officially released everything (Like 12:10 is when the journals and mugs showed up right?) It was COMPLETLY sold out therefore not linked. The Dolls were linked because they still were selling some or people were getting glitched pages.

The sale started at 12:10. This is DS.store's mess up again because they shouldn't let the links be live until the official posting.

What happens is someone crack DS.com's code for what will be on what page. They figured out the dolls and the pins. So at Midnight when the Links went live they spred it around face book on private pages until it was sold out. Only then did they share it with everyone else.

Since the set was sold out by the time DS officially released everything (Like 12:10 is when the journals and mugs showed up right?) It was COMPLETLY sold out therefore not linked. The Dolls were linked because they still were selling some or people were getting glitched pages.

The sale started at 12:10. This is DS.store's mess up again because they shouldn't let the links be live until the official posting.

Figuring out those URLs isn't that hard if you know how the inventory databases and all work.
The links probably didn't go live until they were supposed to - it takes a little for the connecting pages to catch up and distribute.
People probably just hammered the pages until their went live and bought them out.

A secret link? Sounds like in intriguing detective thriller.

Sorry for whoever didn't get them, I guess the only option now is to buy or trade. Good luck to everyone.

Figuring out those URLs isn't that hard if you know how the inventory databases and all work.
The links probably didn't go live until they were supposed to - it takes a little for the connecting pages to catch up and distribute.
People probably just hammered the pages until their went live and bought them out.

Well, there are programs that do it. And literally...this is what happened.

...that's pretty much what I meant by "secret link". I'm pretty sure I mentioned cracking code in my explanation above. I just used secret because, like you said, only certain people have that know-how.

I actually had that thought, too, though, last night. About them not honoring any order time stamped before you can see the items on the main page.

Last edited:
They're lovely pins and I think I'll at least try Thursday but at the same time I won't be too disappointed if I don't get them as I am trying to save at the moment. I'm considering, in the event I am lucky, to sell on the Cinderella and Aurora. Pocahontas is the only one I'll actively try to get in the near future anyway and I really like Mulan and Tiana (I actually think her pin is nicer than the other designer couple stuff for her, Naveen's face looks a lot more normal imo). But I just know that if I do get them I won't be able to resist keeping the five lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back