• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fake Jessica Rabbit Witch Pin and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake Jessica Rabbit Witch Pin and more

ImNotBad

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm overwhelmed by how many pins are now being faked. I have looked at listings for many Jessica pins lately, and after carefully looking and comparing, so many of them are fake pins.

All links go to the respective PinPics listing. The Jessica Rabbit 2008 Halloween Witch is one of my all time favorites. I assumed pins with some amount of printing on them wouldn't get faked as it is harder to reproduce that effect. On this pin the print work is minor, but it's there, and didn't stop someone from making and selling the fake. So disappointing.

The Jessica Rabbit Advent set from 2007 has many fake pins actively listed - that was such a cute set too :cry:

Space Age Jessica and Roger Rabbit and the Jessica Decades series also have fakes.

While a lot of people here might not be buying pins online, people are doing it and may not realize they are buying fakes, then go out and trade with someone. Not sure if I'm allowed to post comparison photos but I certainly will if it helps anyone. Also, do I call the seller out on these, do I report them? I've reported in the past only a couple of times and I feel like it does nothing.

It really is sad :( They have done most of the older WDI Costume ones (with her dressed up as employees at Disneyland for different attractions). And I think a golf one I found that I put on a thread in the pin comparison section. I am pretty sure I know which seller(s) you are talking about. There are like three of them selling these pins over and over :(

I would love to know which sellers are selling fakes. Please PM me the information, as I would hate to buy a fake. I do follow the dispins note on ebay sellers and avoid all the questionable sellers.

It's not just Jessica pins either. I actually have gotten a couple of fakes from eBay, including a Cheshire cat pin I was after, and a stitch dsf pin. I now refuse to buy any pins off eBay where there are scrapper notes on pinpics just for fear of getting a fake

Sad to hear!!!! Whenever I start seeing a LOT of certain LE pins pop up on eBay, I just avoid ever buying that pin! :sigh: It is very disappointing, as one of the pins I USED to want the most was the Jessica 1920's Decade Series pin, but those have been being faked for quite some time now unfortunately, so I will never buy one online because I have no way to know it is real!

It is really sad and really hard to collect Jessica do to this. I am really careful when I buy a Jessica pin but it makes it a slower process with finishing my collection of her. Yes you can post comparison photos and it would very much help out.

622i.jpg

egtt.jpg

I made these for my site so I'll share them since it's ok. I was surprised by the Witch fake, not so much by the twirling hair. While we all know not to buy off the internet, lots of other people do not, and this is what makes trading hard, you really have to know your pins well now :(

I started collecting Jessica and when I realized there were so many fakes, I quit looking. I only get the ones that I buy brand new.

I'm overwhelmed by how many pins are now being faked. I have looked at listings for many Jessica pins lately, and after carefully looking and comparing, so many of them are fake pins.

All links go to the respective PinPics listing. The Jessica Rabbit 2008 Halloween Witch is one of my all time favorites. I assumed pins with some amount of printing on them wouldn't get faked as it is harder to reproduce that effect. On this pin the print work is minor, but it's there, and didn't stop someone from making and selling the fake. So disappointing.

The Jessica Rabbit Advent set from 2007 has many fake pins actively listed - that was such a cute set too :cry:

Space Age Jessica and Roger Rabbit and the Jessica Decades series also have fakes.

While a lot of people here might not be buying pins online, people are doing it and may not realize they are buying fakes, then go out and trade with someone. Not sure if I'm allowed to post comparison photos but I certainly will if it helps anyone. Also, do I call the seller out on these, do I report them? I've reported in the past only a couple of times and I feel like it does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back