• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fake or Real Board or Lanyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake or Real Board or Lanyard

SwindonTinkerbell

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey guys Pin 44507 came through my door today and im concerned and need your help I need to know if its fake or real as my pin doesnt look like it does on pinpics if its real goes on my keeps board if fake goes on my lanyard for DLP in 8 weeks please help me
3e7u3esa.jpg

at the first point on the bottom of the pin. That area of Ariel's dress is suppose to be white. Yours is blue. I would say it is bad. What is that at the side of the third point?

Couple of questions/statements. If it came through your door I presume it was part of a sale or trade, if so and you believe it to be a fake/scrapper why don't you contact the other party regarding a refund/reversal of trade rather than putting it on to a trading lanyard at disney. I understand you obviously wouldn't want it in your collection if it is a bad egg, but why leave it for someone else to pick up and put in theirs. Most of the signs of it being a wrong'un are on the reverse so could we see a picture please? And is that a chunk of excess metal on one of the pennants at the bottom?

Hey guys Pin 44507 came through my door today and im concerned and need your help I need to know if its fake or real as my pin doesnt look like it does on pinpics if its real goes on my keeps board if fake goes on my lanyard for DLP in 8 weeks please help me
3e7u3esa.jpg

DSCN2218.jpg
so here is mine... the dress at the bottom is white with a blue stripe across the top where yours is blue and the lines on mine between the blue stripes are straight and yours are sort of wavy

Id say its fake but I don't think its right to go and trade it with a cast member, we should remove scrappers from circulation not leave them for someone else. If you traded or bought it I would contact the trader / seller.

I think its a fake. if you cant get your pin or money back for it, please just throw it away. dont put it back in circulation.

I agree. I think it's wrong to put the fakes/scrappers on your lanyard and trade in the parks. Then someone else will wind up getting it for their real pin. That's not fair to others and is... to put it politely I'll say rude, but I'm thinking of much stronger words.

Sorry,but I just looked at your pin and the first thing I thought was scrapper.
There are multiple things that I can see, firstly the eyes and the mouth. They don't look like they would fit the quality control of Disney, and they look a bit too plastic doll. Also, around her eyes it seems like there is a somewhat straight edge to the pin, so it doesn't look like her eyes are round.
Another issue is with her dress and the blue colour. Sorry, but I think it is a bad egg :/
If I were you I would keep the pin to help you in the future see what a scrapper looks like, but I would never trade it on, or send it back because then it has chance of getting into circulation and getting into the hands of some poor unfortunate soul.

Oh no!!!!! I am so upset! I also traded at Disney at got this pin and mine looks just like Swindon. I love this pin and I never noticed the blue. Thank you so much for posting this and pointing it out. I will recheck all my pins that I traded in the parks. I will keep it so it wont be passed around and I hope you do the same. I guess this pin will now go on my wants. I would like the have the real one too. Gosh this is a bummer. I wish something could be done about fakes. There are to many out there. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back