• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fake pin or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake pin or not?

mm5678

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone confirm if this is a fake pin or not? I know there are a lot of scrappers of this pin out there, which is why I ask.

143zx5c.jpg

I feel like it is fake, mostly because I can see some obvious differences between this one and the image on pinpics (different eyes, white dots aligned differently), and also because the edges don't look or feel smooth. I don't know what the back is supposed to look like either, so I can't really compare those (though the words/letters look a little squished in some areas).

Either way, I'll end up keeping the pin, because besides the differences with the image on pinpics, it is a fairly good quality pin. There doesn't seem to be any spelling mistakes, colors seem to be correct, and the pin is as heavy as other authentic pins.

Does anyone know? I'm not very good at telling, so any help would be appreciated! Thank you! :)

Last edited:
I would guess it is fake, sorry. When looking at Ebay there are a lot of that pin sold directly from a china seller. Way to many and way to cheap to be authentic. And looking at comparing yours to the ones that do look realy on eBay yours looks more like the fake ones.
This is scary. I have never seen a fake of a spinner pin before! The pin counterfeit people are doing more and more high quality pins. This is horrible!

I would guess it is fake, sorry. When looking at Ebay there are a lot of that pin sold directly from a china seller. Way to many and way to cheap to be authentic. And looking at comparing yours to the ones that do look realy on eBay yours looks more like the fake ones.
This is scary. I have never seen a fake of a spinner pin before! The pin counterfeit people are doing more and more high quality pins. This is horrible!

Yes, I've always avoided pins from those sellers and from China in general for those reasons, which is why I bought mine from a local individual. I have heard that those scrapper pins from China, however, are a lot more fake looking and cheaply made, as their colors are off, they have obvious mistakes, etc. Especially with this pin, which is very frequently scrapped.

It does suck that it's getting harder and harder to tell real from fake. :( Although it is a little disappointing, the pin really doesn't feel that cheap and besides the eyes, I don't find it to look particularly cheap, so I'll probably keep it.

Thanks for your help!

If anyone else has any other comments to add, please do! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back