• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake?

Disneychildwithin

No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Is this a fake? Date says 2009 and pinpics says it's 2008.
9c2db8129076c5a0039503632e5d5b5a.jpg
48ef972f5566f652063f0bfe8b4f85b3.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm leaning on yes. (As well, part of her hair isn't the right colour, though that could be a 'regular' flaw considering Disney's quality control.)

I'm going to say yes, but not necessarily just because of the date. The underside of her hair is the wrong color and the mickey head is super squished. Scrappers never get the head right.

Last edited:
Gosh I suck at this, even when it's being pointed out I'm still lost...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oh I appreciate all the help and am grateful that I can come here for help. I'm just lost about how to figure out if something is fake or not. I just mean that I'm terrible at it even when the defects are being pointed out. lol I know, lost cause...

:( Still lost about what, exactly? People here want to help, let us know!

Oh I appreciate all the help and am grateful that I can come here for help. I'm just lost about how to figure out if something is fake or not. I just mean that I'm terrible at it even when the defects are being pointed out. lol I know, lost cause...

You're fine, mate! Sussing out scrappers isn't a science, it's an art, and it's something that takes a bit of practice. Really, there are two questions that you have to ask yourself. 1) Are you planning on keeping it or trading it? 2) If you're keeping it, do you care if it's a fake? (I know I probably don't have to say this, but usually it's best not to trade a pin you're not 100% sure is authentic).

Provided you don't care, keep it and enjoy it.

It's really hard to tell the difference sometimes. It just kinda takes time to learn what is and isn't a scrapper.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

For real, I miss scrappers all the time. I'll be staring at one for ages and be like "oh yay! This pin is awesome" and then BF will be like "Hey, isn't this supposed to be X" and pop goes my balloon. XD Like several has said, it's just a matter of practice and trusting your gut. At the end of the day, if you're happy with it and don't intend to trade it, then it's as good as a real one for me. So certainly no need to be down on yourself. :3 It's tough to spot them for sure. :)

~Merlin

Since I've joined DPF, I've pulled almost every cast lanyard HM I've got from the parks because they're scrappers. Now I just try to find ones that are from the current release. It is very hard to tell the difference even when you know what you're looking for.

Since I've joined DPF, I've pulled almost every cast lanyard HM I've got from the parks because they're scrappers. Now I just try to find ones that are from the current release. It is very hard to tell the difference even when you know what you're looking for.

Although, reports are coming in that the Dumbo AI and the Lemon MFI pins from the new series have been scrapped too. #nothingissacred

Thanks everyone. Looking on the bright side, it is my first scrapper...yay!

It will be my first time trading at the parks this summer and I'll be able to share the experience with my kids so knowing me, I'll treasure that lanyard no matter if it is filled with scrappers. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back