Fantasy pins, yay or nay

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Kitty, Jan 18, 2018.

1. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

I messaged you on Tapatalk. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

I agree with you. There are some beautiful fantasy pins, but I had to draw the line somewhere so I don't own any fantasy pins. I think the artists are amazing and I enjoy seeing them though.

Ajk likes this.
  3. RachaelNunez

RachaelNunez Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I just recently have been getting into fantasy pins. At first I didn't want them because they aren't official Disney and I just couldn't see them as part of that collection. But I think if it makes you happy when you see it and it's as beautiful as a lot of them are, then its worth it to have a separate collection of them just to appreciate them for what they are.

4. RachaelNunez

RachaelNunez Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Also another reason why I like them is because there are some movies and characters that I feel Disney just doesn't make enough of. There are lots of people out there that make beautiful designs, so it opens up a whole new world of options. If I like a character or movie, I don't feel like it's fair to cut those options out just because they aren't official. If I love the pin, then it really doesn't matter if it's Disney's or not. To me, the value of the pin comes from a personal perspective, not from a number or what everyone else thinks about it.

Papaya likes this.
  5. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I like how this picture shows up for this thread on Tapatalk.

Sergeant Latte is now the SpokesFace for Fantasy Pins Lolz...
    This face says "Yay! Fantasy Pins"
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MerlinEmrys and PixiePost like this.
  6. lilopinsinsf

lilopinsinsf New Member

0   0   0

At first, I was sceptical. I mean, fantasy is basically unauthorized pins, might as well collect scrappers! But I started seeing them pop up everywhere! And my, they can be REALLY pretty. But they also can they be expensive. Guess it just depends on the collector. As of right now, I like fantasy pins for my collection! I'm very picky about the art being true to Disney style. I would trade fantasy for fantasy, but am not sure if I'd try trading them for authentic pins.

I'm debating making my own fantasy pin myself, as there arent many stand alone Lilos, and I would like to collect more. Fantasy is great for character collections Disney doesn't produce enough of! So theres that.

Kerri780 likes this.