• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Final DSF PTD is Tiana/Naveen 9.28.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final DSF PTD is Tiana/Naveen 9.28.13
Looking forward to someone posting a pic of the two variations side by side.

Not that great of a pic, but I hope you can see the difference :)

1185694_4564521529552_393090846_n.jpg

sorry, i really have no idea how to make these photos smaller...

This is a quick glance for everyone.

What has released this round, and how long it lasted:

• Mickey released july 14th. lasted until July 18th.
  • Gonzo released July 18th. lasted until July 24th.
  • Sir Hiss released on July 24th lasted until July 27th, ((PTE.))
  • Lumpy released on July 27th after PTE, lasted until July 29th.
  • Lumier on background released on July 29th evening. Lasted until August 1st.
  • NBC's Sally released Aug. 1st. Lasted until August 2nd.
  • Simba released on aug. 2nd. lasted until Aug 3rd. ((big release weekend))
  • Mushu Released on Aug 3rd. Lasted until Aug 4th. ((big release weekend))
  • Roger Rabbit Released on Aug 4th. Lasted until Aug 6th. ((surprise set release))
  • Patch*101dalmatians* released on aug 6th. Lasted until Aug 9th.
  • Mike Wazowski released Aug 9th. Lasted until aug 10th ((D23 weekend))
  • Sheriff of Nottingham released Aug 10th lasted until Evening Aug 13th.
  • Scuttle from TLM released Aug 13th. Lasted until August 15th.
  • Vanellope #2 released august 15th LE500. lasted until _____________

Thanks for taking the time to write this thread, Kristin. I find the informative and interesting.

I hope you're right. But can you imagine how long a LE500 Goofy PTD would last? Weeks!! :lol:

All the old LE300s PTD's lasted weeks too. Long term, didn't seem to hurt their popularity, did it?

No edition size is too big if the number of people entering the chase for that collection is large enough to support it. Could you imagine if Disney made dolls in the edition sizes they make pins? All those new people who now have a chance to taste success would drive prices up for the originals. LE300 forever and ever, means very few new people can even attempt to chase them. There will always be people dropping out for real-life concerns, and then you end up with a dwindling market instead of a growing market. It's like a restaurant with only so many tables. Eventually, the limitations become roadblocks to growth.

That's great! The first version will trade better, but it's a great second chance for other people. I will be there tomorrow morning for sure.

Even more good news...if PTDs are now LE500...we don't have to worry about Charlotte as much since LE500 is a big step up from LE300 :lol:

Why??? Why another venlopee before ralph..
Isnt the movie called wreck it ralph??

I fear that it is because Vanellope is becoming the next Stitch for DSF. In other words, they are going to pump out a lot of Vanellope pins like they do Stitch, Jessica, Cheshire, etc. I don't think she'll go as high as those 3, but a lot of pins will come out of her. That or they too were disappointed with the last one (as so many of us were) so they wanted to make another. I agree that WiR has too many characters ripe for the picking to remake one of them, but I think certain PTDs need a remake before they can move on (Flynn is definitely one that needs a remake).

I hope you're right. But can you imagine how long a LE500 Goofy PTD would last? Weeks!! :lol:

All those in favor of a LE500 Whale from Make Music Mine say I!!!!

This comparison is more clear.

attachment.php

Not only is it clearer, but you can really see how much this new design trumps her old one. This new design is just so unlike anything we've seen before of her and it captures her mischievous attitude nicely ^_^

at first i thought gah we have had her already! but seeing the second version I'm pretty wowed. She looks so much better.

Is it possible to purchase a second Vanellope today if I already got one yesterday (pending she's still available)?

Yes you can. Rules state - 1 per person, per day, per style -- so if Venellope changes today and you purchase her, you can purchase the new one as well.

Here's hoping she lasts til tomorrow! :)

DPF community members in Cali keep us posted on the status of the line at 11:00 AM this will give us a gauge if Vanellope will change today. If anyone needs one let us know.

If for some reason Vanellope remains today (LE 500) then she will quickly change on Saturday after 11:00 AM due to the Plane set being released Saturday early morning. Prepare for a long line on Saturday folks if she sticks around today just like Simba PTD had a long line when people were waiting for it to flip to Mushu PTD. There was a line with about 185 members purchasing Simba and/or Mushu that Saturday.

I imagine that people who missed the 1st Vanellope would MUCH rather have this one! This one is MILES better than the first one. Now if they could make a Vanellope in her Princess dress from the end of the movie......

I was there at 10:45 am, approximately 10-12 people in front of me, when we left the line was about the same around 11:20 am. VERY CUTE PIN!! Since I missed the first one, I'm glad I was able to get this one. Thank you DSF.:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back