• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Finally have a full shadowbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally have a full shadowbox!

bizliz1

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So this has taken the better part of the last 8 months to fill up. A few pins were from years back but the rest I've gotten since getting back into pin trading in October 2014. I really only collect Peter Pan but my mini collections (within the collection lol) are going to be focused on being a Tick Tock Croc and a Lost Boys completist. Long way to go but that's the fun in it! Fingers crossed!

image_zpsas0vfltg.jpg
[/URL]

What a great collection! And you've done really well for having only collected the majority since October. I'm impressed! Well done.

I think the idea of being a Tick-Tock and Lost Boys completist is wonderful! I can't wait to see the progression on those individual collections as well. :bigthumb:

That looks amazing! I'm just getting started, and trying to figure out the best way to acquire pins. Can you give me an idea how you acquired all of these?
Buying, trading, from the parks or other sources? Appreciate the advice!

Going to the parks is great! I live in Northern California so I can only make trips every now and then but when I do go I try to go on days when they are releasing LE pins or new mystery boxes/packs are being released. Other than that I try to look for themed pin lots on eBay. Usually people selling their collections in sets of 5 or 6 pins (always look on pinpics for trade/wants values and do not bid on hidden mickeys or highly scrapped pins). Trading is always the funnest way for me though. It takes longer to get pins, and usually trades are only 1 or 2 pins each, but theres nothing more satisfying than helping out other traders and keeping trading alive. Hope that helps!

Yes, that is very helpful! Appreciate the info!

Going to the parks is great! I live in Northern California so I can only make trips every now and then but when I do go I try to go on days when they are releasing LE pins or new mystery boxes/packs are being released. Other than that I try to look for themed pin lots on eBay. Usually people selling their collections in sets of 5 or 6 pins (always look on pinpics for trade/wants values and do not bid on hidden mickeys or highly scrapped pins). Trading is always the funnest way for me though. It takes longer to get pins, and usually trades are only 1 or 2 pins each, but theres nothing more satisfying than helping out other traders and keeping trading alive. Hope that helps!

I got this shadow box at Target but you can get them anywhere from Amazon to your local crafts or frame store. This one's a little tricky cause you have to unhinge the back every time you want to add something and then stick the pins in. I would say try to get a front loading shadowbox if you can! They're so much easier to work with. Also be mindful of the cardboard or whatever material comes inside it. It can bend overtime and become fragile!

Where did you get the shadow box and how did you put the pins in there?

Thank you everyone! I've acquired a bunch of pins since I posted this including the two new puzzle pins from the 60th box collection! Ordered a new shadowbox the other day and will begin to fill that up when it arrives. Will post it when finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back