• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

First time at WDW and Pin Trading with Cast Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time at WDW and Pin Trading with Cast Members

TornadoTitan

Nick Wilde's Biggest Fan
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I went to Walt Disney World for my first time this week, I just got back home and excited to show the first pins I got since 2008. I forgot how fun the thrill of getting pins was. Sadly no Zootopia pins D:

Monday was Hollywood Studios, Tuesday was Magic Kingdom, Wednesday was Epcot, and Thursday was Animal Kingdom.

My Hades Collection
I am a big Hades fan (and since there are no Titans pins) started to try and get as many Hades pins as I could. Excited to get the limited edition Hades Duets pin, I should have bought another so I could wear it around. The comic panel Hades I got in a blind box, and the cast member cashier at the store was also a big Hades fan and demanded I open it in front of her, when we found the first pin to be Hades we both screamed so loud everyone in the store and even across the street turned towards us. The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Hades took 3 boxes before I got him. Sadly the two Hades ties I traded from cast members I think are scrappers or fake, I wish I knew about scrapper pins before hand, sadly I think some of the pins I traded with cast members ended up being fake, but still I enjoy all the pins I got.
tumblr_odb8zmv1zF1rpsdt6o3_1280.jpg

Bought Pins
These are the pins I got at the different Disney stories and outlets. I got the Genie and medal pin to remind me of how happy I was watching Wishes and the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. I got Marshmallow from Frozen since he sort of looks like the Ice Titan. And of course that Hercules pin is sort of awesome! I also got 3 boxes of the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom to get Hades.

tumblr_odb8zmv1zF1rpsdt6o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_odblunnl1J1rpsdt6o1_1280.jpg

Pins Traded with Cast Members
I got the Figment pins at Magic Kingdom from a cast member not knowing who he was, and when I saw him at Epcot the next day he instantly became my new favorite Disney character.

tumblr_odb8zmv1zF1rpsdt6o7_1280.jpg

These hidden Mickey sets were cool, once I realized these were parts of a set I tried to get them all.

tumblr_odb8zmv1zF1rpsdt6o2_1280.jpg

And then at the airport the day I left one cast member had a Jiminy Cricket pin I wanted but ran out of pins I was willing to trade for.

tumblr_odb8zmv1zF1rpsdt6o1_1280.png

Thanks for sharing this, it looks like a great haul! Isn't it addicting? This makes me want to run into the parks just to trade lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back