• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fox & Hound Friendship Day Pin: Authentic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox & Hound Friendship Day Pin: Authentic?

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
I found this pin on a CM lanyard in Magic Kingdom. The CM who traded it to us was in one of those off the beaten path stores and the trade was early in the morning before CM lanyards get filled with scrappers.

But, I know that "less-than-par" copies of this pin exist and I do not want to trade it to someone before I make sure that it is a good pin.

The colors look good to me, but the pin itself is a bit light and not glossy. So, I wanted to check with others who might know better than me.

What do you think?

fox4_zps3aca8b94.jpg

fox2_zps449573c1.jpg

Info and help would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:
There was a thread earlier where someone mentioned the two types of counterfeit/scrapper

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?47324-Tod-and-Copper-Friendship-day-2008-scrapper

They said the most common problem was Tod's eyelids being white, which is what they appear to be in your pin. Ebay isn't much help, because all the ones in the sold listings also show white eyelids. I did search Worthpoint, and there are some images there that shows Tod's eyelids are supposed to be the same color as his body.

That is an amazing fake. The back looks so clean. But yes, compared to the other photos,
the white eyelids are incorrect. Bummer. Sorry.

Oh yeah, you can definitely see the font difference on the front. Merryweather's pin, the letters and numbers are almost running into each other. Can you take a picture of the back, so we can see what the differences there might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back