Free frozen bag game

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by fireheadfred, Nov 25, 2013.

1. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

HI EVERYONE!

its the most wonderful time of the year!

and what we are in need is some christmas/ hanukkah / festive cheer

and do we have a COOL prize for you!?

its your chance to win a
    OLAF SUBWAY BAG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    with a olaf puzzle
    [​IMG]

AND!

a christmas choccy or sweetie
    [​IMG]
    ( incase your vegan or lactose intolorant or even allergic to chocolate, like my friend will)

what do you need to do to win???

share a festive memory!

can be a photo of your best snow man

a tale of your best gift

a hillarious story of a christmas calamity

an image that makes you think of the magical season

a festive drawing or poem

anything you want really :)

the game will end December 23rd at 9pm

and the winner will be chosen either by random generator

OR

by my family's father christmas
    ( my dad)

HAVE FUN!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  2. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Ok I will start, growing up with 4 other siblings and my mother the only one working( mom and dad divorced) we did not always have money to get a Christmas tree, so we had a fake cardboard fireplace, I still have it, we lived in a trailer, we had a big mirror on the one wall, so mom whipped up Ivory Snow detergent, you heard right put in food coloring and we painted the tree on the mirror. We also put ornaments in the whipped soap as well. Yes we still had a very nice Christmas, all of us. We even got shoe boxes and made sandwiches for breakfast and put that in the shoe boxes, we were not allowed to open any gifts till we had food. But we could look in the stockings to see what Santa had gotten us.

There are pictures somewhere but the pictures are in the memory now.

3. Elysandrra

Elysandrra Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

That is a beautiful story. I can tell that as you wrote it, you were smiling and feeling happy. Our childhood Christmas memories are the most sacred, I believe! I love how as children, every little thing we do to get ready for Christmas is so fun and magical! Painting the tree sounds like a wonderful tradition. And the stockings are the best part; full of so many little surprises.

I used to get so excited for Christmas when I was little! One Christmas Eve I was up all night with shadowy elves dancing on the wall beside my bed; shadows cast from the flicker of the fire in our wood stove. Being so imaginative and hyper, I turned all the shadows into Elves, and then I really couldn't fall back asleep! :)

4. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

these are beautiful stories <3 they have filled heart with joy and love! you are wonderful things for sharing christmas joy <3

[​IMG]

5. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

i know we are all thinking bout thanksgiving, but if you have time, come join!!!!! share :)

6. DisneyOlivia

DisneyOlivia Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Wow what a wonderful thread! I am loving reading these stories.

During my childhood Christmas was always the BEST time of the year, and I especially loved it because my brother and I got along so well for at least a whole month haha.
    Christmas Eve was the only time we'd sleep in the same room, and he'd come and sleep on the floor in my room and we'd talk about the next day and what we were excited about and stuff until we fell asleep.
    And waking up the next morning (morning is an exaggeration, our earliest was 2am) with a heavy stocking weight on our feet and yelling to wake up the other one. I remember having such heavy eyes and being so tired but it didn't matter because it was Christmas and we got to open our stockings !! We always got a teddy (soft toy) on the top and he was our 'best friend' for the year. We had to make up names together (my brother and I) to find a good one because after all that teddy was super important for AT LEAST a year :)
    And then we took turns my brother and I at taking one thing out of the stocking, almost savoring the moment and taking ages to do it :)
    Then we'd share any Lollies or chocolate and put all the stuff back in the stockings to go show mum and dad, and to wake them up of course !!
    And I'm sure that Christmas smells different when you're a kid. Maybe it was only at my house, but it is a wonderful smell.
    And reading Father Christmas's letter was always so exciting !! We loved it when he took the carrots and ate his cookies.

Ugh I have to stop rambling but I have such wonderful memories of Christmas :)

Keep posting guys !!!

7. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

thats an amazing story, im the same as you, i have a little brother and at least a week before and after we got on like a house on fire!!!!!!

ALSO I REALIZED WE HAVE EXCLUDED OUR OTHER FESTIVE RELIGIONS SO HANUKKAH, KWANZAA, and any other festive-y celebration come join!!!!

8. DisneyOlivia

DisneyOlivia Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Where are all the festive stories at everyone? :)

9. nsingleton

nsingleton Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Love reading through this thread!!! :D Thanks for posting Holly! I also adore the Christmas Tangled pic!!! :bigthumb: Pascal is SO adorable!!!

The picture I am going to post just reminds me of a great year during the holidays!!! :D I had a lot of fun with my friends and family, nothing specific, just a wonderful and fun holiday season!!! :D

[​IMG]

10. Dalamara

Dalamara Active Member

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

OK... Here's my story :) I apologize in advance for the ridiculous NOVEL this post is going to be :lol:

I am the much youngest of 5 children... The youngest before me, being in high school when I was a toddler. My mom raised us by herself, my father having deserted us while she was pregnant with me, and leaving my mom with NOTHING when he left. As you can imagine, every single day was tough going, let alone the holidays. My mom worked her fingers to the bone to keep a roof over the heads,and food in the tummies of 4 teenagers and a baby. So, while she tried her very best, Christmas was rather slim pickin's, gift wise. I went to Catholic School, and the year I was in Kindergarten, I discovered the greatest toy in the world. I was a great lover of Godzilla, even at that age, and a boy in my class brought in a huge toy Godzilla that he had just got for Christmas. It was over 2 feet tall, had a little flickery flame tongue that wiggled out of his mouth, and since it was the 80's, it had PROJECTILES!!! One of Godzilla's hands would SHOOT across the room when you pressed a button on his arm. I swear that at that moment, the rest of the world ceased to exist, and Godzilla was surrounded by this glowing aura of awesomeness (the same thing happens now every time I look at Alexander Skarsgard :lol: ). My mom wanted to get that toy for me SO badly, I talked about it literally for years, but it was just always much too expensive... Then, of course, it pretty much just ceased to be as those kinds of toys went out of popularity.

Fast forward many years, and even as an adult, I could NOT get my hands on this toy. For years I looked EVERYWHERE. Every comic book shop I went into, every "vintage" toy shop, every Sci-Fi convention... Never even got a sniff of it. It was always the one toy that haunted me from childhood, it even became a joke amongst my family. Then, a few years ago, my best friend went to London right before Christmas. She said I found your Christmas gift here, and I'll mail it when I get back home. When my box of gifts arrive from her, I happily start tearing into them. The first thing I open was an odd shape... It was the fist piece of the Godzilla toy I had always wanted! Well, we are great jokesters with each other, so I thought she was trying to be funny... That she had found the hand piece in some little shop in London... Only it actually hurt, my eyes welled up a little as I set it aside. Then.... Oh but then... I opened the big gift in the box... I had only torn off a small piece of wrap and had to stop because my hands started shaking! And then the tears started flowing... I saw green hard plastic skin... I saw that face that I knew SO well.. And I just started to SOB! My mom came running in from the other room, worried I had hurt myself, or whatever it is that runs through a mom's head when she hears her child crying, even when they are adults. She said "What's wrong!? What happened!? Are you alright!?" I couldn't speak... I just held up the half unwrapped object for her to look at. She looked down, and her eyes welled up and she covered her mouth with her hands. "Oh Beck..." Just those two words. That was enough, I knew she remembered, I knew she was just as happy and overwhelmed as I was. That cheesy toy is still the best loved inanimate object in my house... Yes it takes up a lot of room... Yes it's joints are starting to show stress cracks from age... Yes I probably will shoot my eye out someday because I still play with it and the projectile fist still works like a champ! But, I love it... Always have, always will... And that is my Happy Christmas Story :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  11. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

<3 what a wonderful story!!!!!! and im loving the snowman!

12. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

pinch punch first day of the month! 24 sleeps till christmas!

13. Elysandrra

Elysandrra Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

What a precious story Dalamara! Mama's never forget!

14. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

15. Dalamara

Dalamara Active Member

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Omg I love that pic!!!

16. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I have a good one from my childhood ^^ see, i'm usually an early riser on christmas. and by that i mean that my folks had to make a rule that i wasn't allowed to leave my room until 6am. but one year, we went to a late night christmas eve service at my grandmother's church. it apparently wiped me out because, the next morning, i didn't wake up on my own.

Instead, my folks came into my room and softly called me awake. Still sleepy, i clutched my stuffed animal tighter and didn't open my eyes. They could tell i was awake, tho, and asked me what i was holding. "Wilma," I replied, naming one of my stuffed animals that i often slept with. "Are you sure?" they asked. I finally pried my eyes open to see that i was clutching a brand new stuffed animal that i'd never seen before! She was a white pup, holding a felt rose in her mouth. They had slipped it into my arms while i slept ^^ My parents asked what i wanted to name her, and i decided to draw inspiration from the church service the night before. We'd sung "The First Noel", and since we'd repeated that one word so many times, i of course thought of the name Noel.

I don't have a lot of memories from my childhood, but that one is crystal clear, so it is one of my treasures ^^

17. Dalamara

Dalamara Active Member

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

LOVE it :D

18. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

19. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

[​IMG]

bumping with baby me and my Gran :)

20. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

21. jennisney

jennisney Princess Collector c:

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Mine is more of a silly story about my dog hehe!

I always buy her presents each christmas and wrap them up because she loves to open them. She loves squeaky toys so I wrapped one up and stupidly squeaked it and then put it under the tree. Next day I came downstairs to find a masacre of wrapping paper and a guilty looking doggy who had opened all her presents and destroyed the squeaky toy with its remenants strewn all over the conservatory hehe. She did the super cute dog guilty face so we let her off :p

22. Dalamara

Dalamara Active Member

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

:lol: That super cute guilty doggie face gets me EVERY time too :lol:

23. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

Only a few days left

24. jennisney

jennisney Princess Collector c:

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I just got the bag yesterday ^_^ so dont include me in the draw please, so someone else who hasnt got it can get it :)

25. milly5513

milly5513 Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Okay so I don't have to be in the draw however I'd just like to share cause its my most memorable and funny holiday story: so my family and I work in retail we own our own business and the holidays are the busiest and worst time for us. one time we went to work out of town and by the time we got home it was 15 mins before christmas, we usually celebrate on christmas eve but we were so tired and hungry we didnt care..... so my sister and i went to in n out grabbed burgers for all of us and when we get home we find a happy holidays card in our in n out bag and as a family as we are stuffing our faces we say at least in n out wished us happy holidays!!! That christmas was hectic but i found it funny as everyone was eating ham or turkey and informing us on social networks we were eating hamburgers and just happy to be sleepingin our own beds. =)