• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)
So got my Frozen vinyl album today WITH my signed poster (yea!) but my third disc has a weird bubble/kinda scratch in it that looks like a manufacturing defect, which I'm afraid will cause it to skip. Of course, my record player is in another state at the moment, so I can't check it to be sure. Does anyone have something similar on there album and did it cause the album to skip?

The cover also arrived slightly damaged at the corner but the poster was perfect. A little disappointed that the one disc doesn't have the illustration on it as it was shown in the promo pics, but it is still a beautiful set. Just a little bummed about the bubble/scratch.

Seriously? I bought this BECAUSE of the image of Anna and Elsa on the record. I would e-mail them for a partial refund. Such an expensive collector's product should not come damaged or not as advertised :( I hope you get it sorted out! I'm sorry that happened to you.

Mine was handed from UPS to the local post office for delivery? I've never had that happen.

Last edited:
Seriously? I bought this BECAUSE of the image of Anna and Elsa on the record. I would e-mail them for a partial refund. Such an expensive collector's product should not come damaged or not as advertised :( I hope you get it sorted out! I'm sorry that happened to you.

Mine was handed from UPS to the local post office for delivery? I've never had that happen.

amm3, could you post pictures please? XD

Also, I don't think they'd give you a refund because it says: Artwork not final.
So technically they can do that. -_-" trust me... that's the reason I got it too.

ElysionsPrincess, didn't you have a phone number for them? Would you mind sending it to me in a PM message? I sent them a message through their website, but I don't have much faith in that.

I am trying to track down a record player to test it out. I'd seriously rather not deal with the hassle of trying to get another album, but if the scratch messes with the sound, I will have no choice but to demand another one. This vinyl set was too expensive to just let it go with a defect like that. However, I am afraid if I send it in for an exchange I'll never see it again! It would be nice if they could just mail in a replacement disc.

So much stress over an album! Sheesh! :)

Yeah, mine was also handed over from UPS to the local post office for delivery. I've gotten some deliveries from the Disney Store like that before as well.

amm3, could you post pictures please? XD

Also, I don't think they'd give you a refund because it says: Artwork not final.
So technically they can do that. -_-" trust me... that's the reason I got it too.

Sorry, I would but I'm not really sure how to post pictures here. I've tried it before and it didn't work. I don't have a Flickr account or anything to link to.

Also, I had a suspicion that the artwork wouldn't be on the vinyl. Too good to be true. LOL. I saw that 'Artwork not final' too. The rest of it is pretty accurate thought. It's really quite nice. (except for that dang scratch!)

Last edited:
Does the scratch look deep enough that your nail could actually fit in it?
Does it actually look like a bubble?

If the scratch looks deep it will definately skip, and if there is an actual bubble it'll mess with your needle.

I just say return it, don't spin it. Return it, for the (way too high) price they sold them for, I would expect quality out of the vinyl.

Also, a little bummed to hear that it doesn't come with the etching of Anna/Elsa but ah well. I am hoping to see pictures soon

only singing olaf in today. the stores in my location should see dolls (all dolls) in the next week on saturday. i'm probably going to go super early next week.

ElysionsPrincess, didn't you have a phone number for them? Would you mind sending it to me in a PM message? I sent them a message through their website, but I don't have much faith in that.

I am trying to track down a record player to test it out. I'd seriously rather not deal with the hassle of trying to get another album, but if the scratch messes with the sound, I will have no choice but to demand another one. This vinyl set was too expensive to just let it go with a defect like that. However, I am afraid if I send it in for an exchange I'll never see it again! It would be nice if they could just mail in a replacement disc.

So much stress over an album! Sheesh! :)

Yeah, mine was also handed over from UPS to the local post office for delivery. I've gotten some deliveries from the Disney Store like that before as well.

Call them back ASAP.

Stitch kingdom posted images of their records and one of them has the sketches of the characters.

Does the scratch look deep enough that your nail could actually fit in it?
Does it actually look like a bubble?

If the scratch looks deep it will definately skip, and if there is an actual bubble it'll mess with your needle.

I just say return it, don't spin it. Return it, for the (way too high) price they sold them for, I would expect quality out of the vinyl.

Also, a little bummed to hear that it doesn't come with the etching of Anna/Elsa but ah well. I am hoping to see pictures soon

It's a bubble with a scratch next to it and I can feel it with my finger tip. Surprisingly, MyPlay Direct has already responded to my email and said they would send me a replacement, although I don't know anything more than that or when I'll get it. I'm glad they are making the effort to replace it because it really is a nice set even without the etching. I just think the etching would have really upped the 'wow' factor.

Omg, I am such an idiot. :facepalm: Thank you for showing me that. I swear I have looked at that vinyl twice and saw nothing but a plain blue album. I just took it out again and held it up to the light and the etching IS there. Stitch Kingdom's picture picks up the etching very well. I sincerely apologize for alarming/disappointing everyone.

I've been so obsessed about that scratch I guess I didn't look at the second album closely enough. Also apparently the light in my apartment is crap because I'm still having problems seeing the etching unless I hold it up in certain lights. But wow, it does look nice now that I actually SEE it! LOL

Excuse me, while I go crawl into a hole now...

Last edited:
Omg, I am such an idiot. :facepalm: Thank you for showing me that. I swear I have looked at that vinyl twice and saw nothing but a plain blue album. I just took it out again and held it up to the light and the etching IS there. Stitch Kingdom's picture picks up the etching very well. I sincerely apologize for alarming/disappointing everyone.

I've been so obsessed about that scratch I guess I didn't look at the second album closely enough. Also apparently the light in my apartment is crap because I'm still having problems seeing the etching unless I hold it up in certain lights. But wow, it does look nice now that I actually SEE it! LOL

Excuse me, while I go crawl into a hole now...

awwwe *hug*

If it makes you feel any better, I'd be too busy obsessing over my scratched vinyl more than the etching!

There a random update at 8 am this morning.
Everything is sold out (including hans) except for Olaf plush.
No singing Elsa or Classic doll. But animators' collection were updated. And now they actually show the animators' box, not the original movie ones.

I bought the Look and See book for my daughter, and she loves it. It's very easy. She's only 2 so its a bit too hard for her still, but my 5 year old nephew was really excited that the book was on his level.

So while Disney store is having trouble keeping stuff in stock, it looks like Scalpers are having trouble selling stuff. The singing Elsa prices have gone down from upwards of a $100 to the $60s.

Hopefully this continues going.
In other news, my vinyl record is out for delivery. :)

During the random update I was able to get The two Olaf plushes that I have been wanting for so long. One for me and one for my Dad(starting early on fathers day shopping lol) Now I just need to get baby Sven, Hans doll, Classic Elsa, animator elsa and maybe a anna elsa two pack. I willg et them on time and patience pays off. In the meantime I am going to focus on getting other collectibles and Maleficent merchandise oh and have a good laugh reading some of the rediculious and over the top comments that crazy parents leave on Disneys FB page

I bought the Look and See book for my daughter, and she loves it. It's very easy. She's only 2 so its a bit too hard for her still, but my 5 year old nephew was really excited that the book was on his level.

That sounds neat and a good way to get them to read...

Also the one book I been trying to get my hands on is the etch and sketch book you've seen that one? no Barnes and noble ever got them

OMG guys!!!
I got the soundtrack and it's damaged (i think) but it's so dazzlingly beautiful to the point where I no longer care.
It's absolutely marvelous. A work of art. Visually stunning... So so so good... XD
This was the very first record I have ever seen in person. Actually second. My dorm room had a half-broken record with my name on it :p
But guys, it's beautiful!

The soundtrack is very similar to the Deluxe edition CD soundtrack, with the foil and embossed logo.
The inside overlay of the Anna and Elsa teaser is a work of art, and the foil makes it beautiful.

Blue vinyl: The blue vinyl record has a striking color. Catches your eyes. The stickers however (in the middle) are kinda off, and sloppily added. But I doubt I'll ever listen to the record itself.

The Etched design: I was kinda hoping that it would be whiter than it is. It's just basically a clear-on-blue etch. It's really easy to see under the right light and but hard to take pictures of. Lord knows how Stitch Kingdom got great pictures.

The while/silver vinyl is actually clear. And is actually my favorite color. I love the blue, but I feel like this clear vinyl represents ice at it's most beautiful color. It's just simply clear. Icy white clear, I guess. :p

The poster is a picture of the main 5, including hans! And has signatures of both song writers. Robert on top of Kristoff (i think) and Kristen on Elsa's cape.

I am absolutely floored at the beauty of this record and my jaw is still dropping.
The back has a number printed and my number is 739.
Was it worth $75? Heck yes! It's beautiful T_______T
I'm sorry, I have an exam tomorrow and I've been studying all day and this just made my day.

Anyways...
Back to the problem.
I am no vinyl expert. But my first vinyl (the one with the main songs) has a lot of black markings on it.
I'll post an image. Do you guys think this will effect the sound if I ever decide to listen to it?

Last edited:
Look who just arrived :) :)

2gxk9wn.jpg

They are ridiculously cute! >u< I'm so happy they both came as Animators' dolls, even tho Anna was sold as a Toddler!!!!!! These are form the UK online store.
My mum totally fell in love with the series and she now wants one of her own! She follows some interior design blogs, and someone had made crochet clothes for the dolls and angel wings. They used them as decoration! They also redid their hairdos! I think she wants to do something like that as well.. :D If I remember correctly, her favourite is Belle~

Also, this was my first time ordering something other than LE 17" dolls I was pleasantly surprised there was Mickey and Pluto on the box haha! (LE dolls come in plain brown boxes) I also love the colorful order slips!! I got Christmas themed last time, its was so cute~ It's part of the magic of Disney, right? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back